Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

Please cite a notable Hebrew lexicography or similarly credible source that says as much.

Attempting to tell other people what their own religion teaches them is generally not a good idea.

I am not doing that.
I am quoting Hebrew history.

But did you support your claims with outside information?

Nice avatar. I prefer this picture:

20081205210026!Greater_Israel_Map.png

I would have sympathy for the Palestinian plight, but then look at this:

chartpopulationlarge.jpg

Darn poor, oppressed Muslims...

Last edited:
Please cite a notable Hebrew lexicography or similarly credible source that says as much.

Attempting to tell other people what their own religion teaches them is generally not a good idea.

It really irritates me when Kalam is right about something.

You must be pissed all the time. :eusa_whistle:

You must be pissed that the pedophile Mahomet ripped off Judaism to concoct his fradulent cult of Islam.

How is your pagan moon god allah, which Mahomet also stole from the polytheists, in additon to stealing their kabah

Last edited:
There were two definitions of Rabbi before 70 AD.
A Torah teacher rabbi and a Rabbi with authority.

When might you become familiar with Islam, Abu? :lol:

A rabbi which means "teacher" is a jew who is ordained to teach jewish law.

Clearly jesus and his followers did not do this.

I realize he is the christian god so I guess christians can give him any title that they want too. However, he was not a rabbi.

If you can't read don't blame me.
He was a Rabbi. Not by today's orthodox standards but we are talking 2000 years ago.
According to Hebrew tradition for a sage/rabbi, NOT a Torah teacher, to have s'mikah authority to make new teachings to interpret existing scriptures, he had to be recognized as a prophet from God himself, or as Aaron and Moses had traditionally given this authority to 70 elders, they HAD TO be recognized as having that s'mikah-the authority as a Rabbi, by TWO OTHER RABBIS with s'mikah.
That is JEWISH LAW brother. I do not make it up. I just report historical facts. You may not like the facts, that is your problem with comprehension skills, not mine, but this is history, NOT my or anyone else's belief.

You are making it up. Once again, you are trying to tell a jew, who their leaders are. And you are doing it wrongly.

A rabbi is an ordained teacher of jewish law. Period.

You can also be a rabbi with authority such as sitting on a jewish court or whatever.

However, a rabbi has a clear definition, which I posted.

I am not making it up.
Where have I told a Jew who their leaders are?
Jesus was a Rabbi in the tradition of the hasidim and not the post 70 AD midrash rabbis of today.
Now we have BOTH Christians and Jews denying historical fact because it does not match their ideology.
No wonder folks run from religion these days.
The historical use of the word "orthodox" in referring to the Jewish religion is not analogous to it's modern use. Jesus would not have been allowed to preach in any of the communities or allowed to teach in the synagogues of the Galilee region if he were not a practicing orthodox practicing Jew of his time.

But did you support your claims with outside information?

Nice avatar. I prefer this picture:

Yawn. If you want to whine about something unrelated to the topic being discussed -- the status of Jesus in Christianity and Judaism -- start a new thread.

No, that's okay. Jesus was a Jew, and he was born in the Holy Land. Links made.

jews-iran.jpg

Oy vey!

Jesus told his followers that they must go through him to get to G-D and equated himself with G-D.

That violates at least 12 explicit passages where G-D said not to rely on anyone but him. It also violates the Ten Commandments.

Not only did he perpetuate idol worship. He made himself the idol.

To my knowledge there is nothing in jewish law that is a greater sin than that.

Well........close.........but no cigar............

"Nobody gets to the Father except by Me". Yeshua was telling people that there are proper ways of speaking to HaShem (i.e. you gotta do what I do).

"The Father and I are One". Yeshua was telling everyone what the Talmud taught in where it states that we are all a small piece of God.

Yeshua didn't perpetuate idol worship, it was the misunderstanding of what the Romans took from Jerusalem.

By the way........**** Mike has me on ignore........can someone copy this so he can see it?

Jesus told his followers that they must go through him to get to G-D and equated himself with G-D.

That violates at least 12 explicit passages where G-D said not to rely on anyone but him. It also violates the Ten Commandments.

"Nobody gets to the Father except by Me". Yeshua was telling people that there are proper ways of speaking to HaShem (i.e. you gotta do what I do).

"The Father and I are One". Yeshua was telling everyone what the Talmud taught in where it states that we are all a small piece of God.

Yeshua didn't perpetuate idol worship, it was the misunderstanding of what the Romans took from Jerusalem.

By the way........**** Mike has me on ignore........can someone copy this so he can see it?

Allah invented copy/paste, right, Abu? :lol:

Definition of RABBI

: master, teacher —used by Jews as a term of address

: a Jew qualified to expound and apply the halacha and other Jewish law

: a Jew trained and ordained for professional religious leadership; specifically : the official leader of a Jewish congregation

external.jpg
See rabbi defined for English-language learners »

Origin of RABBI

Middle English, from Old English, from Late Latin, from Greek rhabbi, from Hebrew rabbī my master, from rabh master + -ī myFirst Known Use: before 12th century

Rabbi - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Also, in the Strongs Concordance....

From E-Sword:

G4461
ῥαββί
rhabbi
hrab-bee'
Of Hebrew origin [H7227] with pronominal suffix; my master, that is, Rabbi, as an official title of honor: - Master, Rabbi

I am a jew... rabbi means teacher. it can also be an ordained rabbi, but not necessarily.

To a Jew Rabbi means teacher as to a Christian Reverend means teacher.
Guess what they are a teacher of?
Their religion.
Jesus was a Rabbi and the Bible states it many times. Many Christians dispute that but the fact remains Jesus was a Rabbi. A Jewish Rabbi teaches the Jewish religion the same as a Christian Reverend teaches the Christian religion.
The claims that Jesus was NOT a Rabbi and was not Jewish are from Christians that refuse to admit Jesus WAS a Jew.
Guess why?

Whose bible says so? Certainly not the jewish bible.

Someone who teaches that a jew can only reach G-D by going through him is not teaching judaism. In fact, he is teaching the furthest thing from judaism. It's called idol worship.

Once again, his followers may call him King of Israel :cuckoo:, that doesn't mean he actually was a king of Israel or the jews. It's all in the mind :cuckoo: of his followers.

So, you say this, yet at the same time you refute that the Jews had anything to do with his death? They had every reason to want Him gone exactly because of the discord and strife that he was causing by what he was preaching. You acknowledge that they had every motive, yet say they had nothing to do with his being crucified?

Then you also know that according to scripture you are condemned, because no mortal man could keep all of the laws.

Good thing I don't believe in a G-d who would condemn people for not following every law.

What a wacko pov.

It's not a point of view, it's what is stated in scripture. Are you saying you can break the law without consequences then?

If you can't read don't blame me.
He was a Rabbi. Not by today's orthodox standards but we are talking 2000 years ago.
According to Hebrew tradition for a sage/rabbi, NOT a Torah teacher, to have s'mikah authority to make new teachings to interpret existing scriptures, he had to be recognized as a prophet from God himself, or as Aaron and Moses had traditionally given this authority to 70 elders, they HAD TO be recognized as having that s'mikah-the authority as a Rabbi, by TWO OTHER RABBIS with s'mikah.
That is JEWISH LAW brother. I do not make it up. I just report historical facts. You may not like the facts, that is your problem with comprehension skills, not mine, but this is history, NOT my or anyone else's belief.

You are making it up. Once again, you are trying to tell a jew, who their leaders are. And you are doing it wrongly.

You can also be a rabbi with authority such as sitting on a jewish court or whatever.

I am not making it up.
Jesus was a Rabbi in the tradition of the hasidim and not the post 70 AD midrash rabbis of today.
Now we have BOTH Christians and Jews denying historical fact because it does not match their ideology.
The historical use of the word "orthodox" in referring to the Jewish religion is not analogous to it's modern use. Jesus would not have been allowed to preach in any of the communities or allowed to teach in the synagogues of the Galilee region if he were not a practicing orthodox practicing Jew of his time.

I believe that he believes that the Bible is complete fiction, and he does not take anything that they say about Jesus as fact. That is where the disconnect is, the Bible clearly states Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and preached in synagogues. I'm guessing he refutes that.

That is what his apostles said... as edited by constantine and his minions. We also know that linguistically, these are not the original words. What if he said, follow him in the path G-d set?

That would not have been unheard of for a rabbi... think Shneerson. no? Some of his followers believed him to be the messiah. Now imagine that someone who wanted others to think Shneerson was the messiah took their words and wrote them down 100 years from now. What do you think the result would be?

I am not making it up.

I believe that he believes that the Bible is complete fiction, and he does not take anything that they say about Jesus as fact. That is where the disconnect is, the Bible clearly states Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and preached in synagogues. I'm guessing he refutes that.

I believe what we have is one side stating that Jesus was the son of God and the other stating that is wrong all Jesus was was a great teacher.
Religous beliefs that are polar.
And I am caught in the middle stating what history was.

Then you also know that according to scripture you are condemned, because no mortal man could keep all of the laws.

Good thing I don't believe in a G-d who would condemn people for not following every law.

What a wacko pov.

It's not a point of view, it's what is stated in scripture. Are you saying you can break the law without consequences then?

not *my* scripture....

i don't like insulting people's beliefs, but please don't try to tell me that yours is somehow superior to mine.

because that would only make you look like an idiot.

got it?

the way we see christian beliefs is that a bunch of guys wrote down some stuff and constantine decided to edit it so that a bunch of romans would be obedient. following yet? why? because it ultimately comes down to belief.

only an idiot thinks i'm going to hell because i don't think their beliefs are superior to mine.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back