Why is nobody talking about the illegal imprisonment of Kaci Hickox?

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

I guess precedence has been established by a throwing that guy in jail for making that disgusting video.......

:muahaha:

Spoken like a true left wing imbecile. There is already no threat of contagion. More importantly, there is no legal grounds to imprison her. And no grounds for a liberty loving people to tolerate such an imprisonment.

Go ahead and release her, but have her stay at Obama's place, in his bedroom....

Let her lick the doorknobs.

Left wing?
Get the facts straight.

She should be kept in quarantine until there is no threat of contagion. There is no civil right to spread a deadly disease.

Spoken like a true left wing imbecile. There is already no threat of contagion. More importantly, there is no legal grounds to imprison her. And no grounds for a liberty loving people to tolerate such an imprisonment.

There should be a sharpshooter stationed outside her house. If she breaks the quarantine, he should put a bullet through her head.

As she has said that she will violate her voluntary quarantine (she shouldn't have been trusted in the first place) the governor is sending the state police to make sure she keeps her word.
Maine seeks legal powers to force nurse into quarantine
The only reason she is in the news is because she sought attention for a lawsuit. I returned from that area a week ago. I have Ebola and am sick as hell. But I will be going to your local mall later to pick up some things. But I have not been on Fox news so I can guarantee no one including yourself is going to care I was there.

So you are walking around sick with Ebola? Looks like a chance for the posters on this irrelevant internets forum no one cares about to make the national news. But you have not sought out the national news. So I predict nothing will ever come of it.

As she has said that she will violate her voluntary quarantine (she shouldn't have been trusted in the first place) the governor is sending the state police to make sure she keeps her word.
Maine seeks legal powers to force nurse into quarantine
The only reason she is in the news is because she sought attention for a lawsuit. I returned from that area a week ago. I have Ebola and am sick as hell. But I will be going to your local mall later to pick up some things. But I have not been on Fox news so I can guarantee no one including yourself is going to care I was there.

If you're serious you should be locked up.

If you're not serious, never mind.

It's a tough call whether or not to isolate suspected Ebola infected people. No doubt the left has convinced themselves that involuntary medical isolation is illegal if ordered by a republican and fine if it is done in a democrat state or by the democrat party dominated federal government.

The partisanship goes all the way around. Cinos seem all too happy to violate people's rights if it's ordered by a Republican Governor, especially if it's seen as a way to slam Obama. It's ridiculous and appalling. Nobody wants to look at the real matters behind it all. Either do it illegally, or don't do it at all. It's like there's no middle ground for rational minds.

Two Democrat Governors have the same quarantine policy in place and the Sec of Defense just gave the go ahead to quarantine soldiers returning from West Africa for 21 days. He used weasel words that meant exactly the same thing as quarantine and the soldiers were not even near Ebola victims.
A poll on 'Morning Joe' this morning said 80% of those polled support the mandatory quarantine, and Obama was shown saying it's not gonna happen. That takes it out of your partisanship rant, and puts it in the don't trust the government slot. Why anyone would believe what Obama says is amazing. He either outright lies or uses lawyer terms so he can have it both ways.

Screw the cdc nurse. Lock her up, and charge her the same way we charge men who knowingly spread AIDS.

It's a tough call whether or not to isolate suspected Ebola infected people. No doubt the left has convinced themselves that involuntary medical isolation is illegal if ordered by a republican and fine if it is done in a democrat state or by the democrat party dominated federal government.

The partisanship goes all the way around. Cinos seem all too happy to violate people's rights if it's ordered by a Republican Governor, especially if it's seen as a way to slam Obama. It's ridiculous and appalling. Nobody wants to look at the real matters behind it all. Either do it illegally, or don't do it at all. It's like there's no middle ground for rational minds.

Two Democrat Governors have the same quarantine policy in place and the Sec of Defense just gave the go ahead to quarantine soldiers returning from West Africa for 21 days. He used weasel words that meant exactly the same thing as quarantine and the soldiers were not even near Ebola victims.
A poll on 'Morning Joe' this morning said 80% of those polled support the mandatory quarantine, and Obama was shown saying it's not gonna happen. That takes it out of your partisanship rant, and puts it in the don't trust the government slot. Why anyone would believe what Obama says is amazing. He either outright lies or uses lawyer terms so he can have it both ways.

So......you think that the government is more trustworthy when it throws constitutionally protected rights out the window? Amazing.

Screw the cdc nurse. Lock her up, and charge her the same way we charge men who knowingly spread AIDS.

Seeing as she has neither AIDS nor Ebola, what are you charging her with?
Violation of a State-imposed medical quarantine?

Reckless endangerment?

Conspiracy to commit manslaughter?

Being a dedicated humanitarian who degenerated into a selfish bitch when asked to use common sense to remain isolated for a few more days?

How many health care professionals were involved in the care of Michael Duncan, Nina Pham, Miss Vincen, Dr Spencer, and the three other Ebola patients who have received care in the US?

I'd say hundreds.

Why aren't you weirdos calling for them all to be quarantined?

If you were consistent, a doctor or nurse could only consult with/ care for an Ebola patient ONCE. Then....off to isolation.

Think.....please. Just think.

So natch the cdc says we only need to quarantine for 21 days.

More brilliance from the politicians that claim to embrace *science*.

How many health care professionals were involved in the care of Michael Duncan, Nina Pham, Miss Vincen, Dr Spencer, and the three other Ebola patients who have received care in the US?

I'd say hundreds.

Why aren't you weirdos calling for them all to be quarantined?

If you were consistent, a doctor or nurse could only consult with/ care for an Ebola patient ONCE. Then....off to isolation.

Think.....please. Just think.
Domestically, any person subjected to bodily fluids of an infected person needs to go into isolation ASAP.

Internationally, traveling from Hot Zones where health protocols are nonexistent or far less stringent and not subject to supervision by our own people, anybody and everybody needs to go to the Chill Zone for X (21?) days.

No exceptions.

If you decide to volunteer to treat stricken folk in Africa, well... wonderful... thank you... simply be aware that the quarantine protocol is in effect once you return, and, of course, once you've made it past the X-days mark, then your mission is fully completed, and you are free to go your own way.

Just think of it as part of what you're volunteering for... in this case, on the back end, protecting your neighbors and countrymen, and your nation, rather than others.

That's simply the way it is.

Apparently, several States, and the US Department of Defense, believe that such quarantines are an absolute necessity, to protect the Nation and its People.

Common sense, really.

And they've all bitch-slapped the White House, and broken with Obumble, for his grievous breach of faith with the health and safety of the American People.

Good on them - those people who stood up to this lackluster performance and egregious lack of common sense and rational thought - placing a higher priority upon fighting the disease at its source than in protecting our own people.

There is no conflict between the two - properly configured - we can stimulate temporary overseas service and also carry through with the quarantine - all that is required is an ounce of imagination and honesty with recruits and prospects and making the return-leg quarantine a Standard Operating Procedure, for everyone to expect in advance.

Think.

Forum List

Back