🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

why is this a good plan?

Does your life suck relative to persons in other nations of the same age, skill set, education...

what the hell are you even talking about? This doesn't even make any sense relative to the topic at hand.

Sure it does, you asked how well have the professional politicians served us. Compare your lifestyle to the lives of persons of similar age, ability, and other demographics to those in other nations if you want to know how well we have been served.

Or if you wish, you can imagine how much better it would be with neophytes who cannot tell a kilogram from a kiloton negotating arms treaties.

my lifestyle is a direct response to the hard work I have personally done for myself. This country was not built on the backs of the idiots in Washington DC. We have succeeded in spite of the professional pols, not due to them....

So you've paid for the roads you drive on (all of them), the stop lights you obay (all of them), the water purification plant your water comes out of, etc????

Not even close. All of us are warmed by the fires started by others. And no, you're no exception except you (like all of us in this nation) were born on 2nd base and you've convinced yourself you hit a double.

You can either drive on the road, walk on it or sleep on the side of it. Those of us who work hard know the difference. The ignorant think they can get a free ride...

No the truly ignorant think they alone are responsible for their success.

what the hell are you even talking about? This doesn't even make any sense relative to the topic at hand.

Sure it does, you asked how well have the professional politicians served us. Compare your lifestyle to the lives of persons of similar age, ability, and other demographics to those in other nations if you want to know how well we have been served.

Or if you wish, you can imagine how much better it would be with neophytes who cannot tell a kilogram from a kiloton negotating arms treaties.

my lifestyle is a direct response to the hard work I have personally done for myself. This country was not built on the backs of the idiots in Washington DC. We have succeeded in spite of the professional pols, not due to them....

So you've paid for the roads you drive on (all of them), the stop lights you obay (all of them), the water purification plant your water comes out of, etc????

Not even close. All of us are warmed by the fires started by others. And no, you're no exception except you (like all of us in this nation) were born on 2nd base and you've convinced yourself you hit a double.

You can either drive on the road, walk on it or sleep on the side of it. Those of us who work hard know the difference. The ignorant think they can get a free ride...

I worked at a company started by a guy who was hand soldering boards together, in his basement.

He was the sales guy... he was the cleaning guy.... he was the parts order guy... the assembly guy... the quality control guy... the packaging and shipping guy, the repair guy, the service guy, the on-call guy, and the CEO guy.

He did everything. Literally everything, and built the company from the ground up, with just he himself, and no one else.

It the useless and ignorant, who claim no one else can do anything alone.

You go back and read the founding of this country, and the homesteaders, who went out into the wilderness, and staked a claim to land, and they did absolutely everything alone..

I worked at a company started by a guy who was hand soldering boards together, in his basement.

He was the sales guy... he was the cleaning guy.... he was the parts order guy... the assembly guy... the quality control guy... the packaging and shipping guy, the repair guy, the service guy, the on-call guy, and the CEO guy.

He did everything. Literally everything, and built the company from the ground up, with just he himself, and no one else.

You go back and read the founding of this country, and the homesteaders, who went out into the wilderness, and staked a claim to land, and they did absolutely everything alone..

Of course, but the participation trophy crowd thinks otherwise.....

Did he give birth to himself? I'm sure he did.
Did he teach himself to read? I'm sure he did.
Did he teach himself to write? I'm sure he did.

I swear to God, you fools are the dumbest motherfuckers in the world.

It's fun watching libs get unhinged....so do they also hand out those new start-ups in the public school you attended...I somehow doubt it...

The irony of the last statement is rather funny.

Andreas Panayiotou. He's illiterate. He's a real estate tycoon in London. There are many examples of people with little or no education, that are successful.

Self-made illiterate millionaire supporting British literacy campaign

There are MILLIONS of people who did not give birth to themselves (what a pathetic argument that is), and didn't teach themselves to read and write.... and yet are impoverished and poor.

If you are telling me that the success of a man is not his own, because he didn't teach himself to read, write, and .... give birth to himself.... lol.... Then how do you explain why are there are so many millions of people working at the burger shops, who had all those same advantages, and yet live in poverty their entire lives?

Years ago, I met one of the most brilliant women I've ever known. Truly inspiring. She went to college, and mindlessly got a degree in Art History. Biggest mistake of her life in her own words. She was 23, and single after a divorce from another mistake. No job, and no promising options.

She sat down at her computer, and taught herself HTML, how to make web pages. After several weeks of self teaching, she dressed up, printed some business cards, and went around to local businesses, offering to make their web sites.

After buying her home, and building up a client base, she makes $40K to $50K, making web sites for businesses.

Now what's the difference between her, and the cashier at Whooper Floppers, and Walmart? It's not who taught them to read and write. It's not who gave birth. It's not the color of their skin, or their parents, or what government program was put in place, or affirmative actions, or blaw blaw blaw blaw left-wing crap blaw blaw blaw.

The secret sauce was the person. She didn't know ANYTHING about making a web page. She taught herself EVERYTHING. She worked her butt off (so-to-speak), and put in long hours, not watching TV, or flirting around at the bars. She worked.

Self made.

Andreas Panayiotou. He's illiterate. He's a real estate tycoon in London. There are many examples of people with little or no education, that are successful.

There are MILLIONS of people who did not give birth to themselves (what a pathetic argument that is), and didn't teach themselves to read and write.... and yet are impoverished and poor.

If you are telling me that the success of a man is not his own, because he didn't teach himself to read, write, and .... give birth to himself.... lol.... Then how do you explain why are there are so many millions of people working at the burger shops, who had all those same advantages, and yet live in poverty their entire lives?
Well, the isn't what I'm saying; not at all.

What I am saying is that all of us are warmed by fires started by others. There are no exceptions. None. By that metaphor I mean that someone decided to put a school near your home so you could learn the 3r's. Someone opened a super market near your home so you could purchase food. Someone developed a telephone network so you could call people and have some socializing which made you into a more well-rounded human being.

Nobody became what they are on their own. That is what I'm saying. Are there people who did more with less? Sure. Are there people who did less with more? Absolutely. Are there people who did anything starting from absolute zero? No.

I don't know you very well and don't recall most of your posts. I don't pay as much attention to this board as I used to. But I think you'd agree with me on the above.

Here is where I probably lose you. In the US; with our clean water, democratization of credit, democratization of information, democratization of opportunity, democratization of rights and liberties; I would contend that everyone here is born on 2nd base--to expand the metaphor; we are born with a hard-wired advantage over people, lets say, who were born in Somolia, Guatemala or Iran. We just were. The blessings can be a burden too but in the basics of Human life (food, clothing, and shelter), you have a leg up. In not having to worry about death squads, armed revolt (because someone before you created a system where there is a peaceful transfer of power), or being conscripted into service or slavery; you have the other leg up.

I hope this explains better where I stand. I'm not chastising anyone for having to had rely on others. We all did--that is my point. I chastise those who think they've made themselves out of nothing. Little else could be more absurd.

Years ago, I met one of the most brilliant women I've ever known. Truly inspiring. She went to college, and mindlessly got a degree in Art History. Biggest mistake of her life in her own words. She was 23, and single after a divorce from another mistake. No job, and no promising options.

She sat down at her computer, and taught herself HTML, how to make web pages. After several weeks of self teaching, she dressed up, printed some business cards, and went around to local businesses, offering to make their web sites.

After buying her home, and building up a client base, she makes $40K to $50K, making web sites for businesses.

Now what's the difference between her, and the cashier at Whooper Floppers, and Walmart? It's not who taught them to read and write. It's not who gave birth. It's not the color of their skin, or their parents, or what government program was put in place, or affirmative actions, or blaw blaw blaw blaw left-wing crap blaw blaw blaw.

The secret sauce was the person. She didn't know ANYTHING about making a web page. She taught herself EVERYTHING. She worked her butt off (so-to-speak), and put in long hours, not watching TV, or flirting around at the bars. She worked.

Self made.

Hardly.

What I am saying is that all of us are warmed by fires started by others. There are no exceptions. None. By that metaphor I mean that someone decided to put a school near your home so you could learn the 3r's. Someone opened a super market near your home so you could purchase food. Someone developed a telephone network so you could call people and have some socializing which made you into a more well-rounded human being.

Nobody became what they are on their own. That is what I'm saying. Are there people who did more with less? Sure. Are there people who did less with more? Absolutely. Are there people who did anything starting from absolute zero? No.

I don't know you very well and don't recall most of your posts. I don't pay as much attention to this board as I used to. But I think you'd agree with me on the above.

Here is where I probably lose you. In the US; with our clean water, democratization of credit, democratization of information, democratization of opportunity, democratization of rights and liberties; I would contend that everyone here is born on 2nd base--to expand the metaphor; we are born with a hard-wired advantage over people, lets say, who were born in Somolia, Guatemala or Iran. We just were. The blessings can be a burden too but in the basics of Human life (food, clothing, and shelter), you have a leg up. In not having to worry about death squads, armed revolt (because someone before you created a system where there is a peaceful transfer of power), or being conscripted into service or slavery; you have the other leg up.

I hope this explains better where I stand. I'm not chastising anyone for having to had rely on others. We all did--that is my point. I chastise those who think they've made themselves out of nothing. Little else could be more absurd.

Self made.

Hardly.

Well see, then my argument is.... so what?
How does that matter?

You are getting at such a technical level, as to be irrelevant. Obviously no one anywhere on the planet, self-existed. No one popped out of dust, and started a manufacturing plant.

That is your argument... ok. You win the obvious.

When we on the right-wing claim that someone is self made, we are saying that they created a business, by the thoughts and effort, of their own mind. No one else was whittling duck callers in his shed for 25 years, before Duck Commander was created making $40 Million a year in revenue. It was just Phil Robertson.

There was no million dollar inheritance. No government grant to Solyndra. No angel investor. No RAND Corporation government contract. No rich uncle, or big bank loan, or small business administration grant.

There is only one single person who conceived of, created, and sold, those duck callers, and that was Phil Robertson. Without Phil Robertson, there would be no callers. And there is no one else anywhere, whose lack of existence would have prevent Phil Robertson from making those duck callers. We know this, because absolutely no one helped him out.

Robertson even talks about meeting with store managers, and being laughed at, and escorted to the door.

This is what we're talking about when we mean self made. We mean individuals overcoming the diffulties, and pushing forward to succeed, with only themselves. Robertson, just climbed back into his beat up pickup, and drove to the next store, and pitched the duck caller there, and then the next store, and next store, until he sold his duck callers. Apparently 'white privilege' didn't work for Robertson. So he just worked harder to overcome it.

We don't mean that Robertson spontaneously existed, and came out of the soil with duck callers in hand. If that's your point, then you win the argument of the obvious.

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

You are getting at such a technical level, as to be irrelevant. Obviously no one anywhere on the planet, self-existed. No one popped out of dust, and started a manufacturing plant.

When we on the right-wing claim that someone is self made, we are saying that they created a business, by the thoughts and effort, of their own mind. No one else was whittling duck callers in his shed for 25 years, before Duck Commander was created making $40 Million a year in revenue. It was just Phil Robertson.

There was no million dollar inheritance. No government grant to Solyndra. No angel investor. No RAND Corporation government contract. No rich uncle, or big bank loan, or small business administration grant.

There is only one single person who conceived of, created, and sold, those duck callers, and that was Phil Robertson. Without Phil Robertson, there would be no callers. And there is no one else anywhere, whose lack of existence would have prevent Phil Robertson from making those duck callers. We know this, because absolutely no one helped him out.

Robertson even talks about meeting with store managers, and being laughed at, and escorted to the door.

This is what we're talking about when we mean self made. We mean individuals overcoming the diffulties, and pushing forward to succeed, with only themselves. Robertson, just climbed back into his beat up pickup, and drove to the next store, and pitched the duck caller there, and then the next store, and next store, until he sold his duck callers. Apparently 'white privilege' didn't work for Robertson. So he just worked harder to overcome it.

We don't mean that Robertson spontaneously existed, and came out of the soil with duck callers in hand. If that's your point, then you win the argument of the obvious.

Thanks. At its base, that is what I'm saying. We all are warmed by the fires started by others. It was also what Obama meant when he was stating that you didn't build the business by yourself. Someone took a chance on the Duck folks.

Now that that is settled....
Would you agree with me that Americans are endowed with advantages persons in most other nations do not have?

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

This is what we're talking about when we mean self made. We mean individuals overcoming the difficulties, and pushing forward to succeed, with only themselves. Robertson, just climbed back into his beat up pickup, and drove to the next store, and pitched the duck caller there, and then the next store, and next store, until he sold his duck callers. Apparently 'white privilege' didn't work for Robertson. So he just worked harder to overcome it.

Thanks. At its base, that is what I'm saying. We all are warmed by the fires started by others. It was also what Obama meant when he was stating that you didn't build the business by yourself. Someone took a chance on the Duck folks.

Would you agree with me that Americans are endowed with advantages persons in most other nations do not have?

You mean like economic freedom, low taxes, less government oppression, more stability? Yes. But the left wing in this country is doing everything in its power to eliminate all of those.

No, I would disagree with Obama claim, that you didn't build that. But clearly we are at a logical impasse on that. No point in discussing it any further.

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

There are no villages raising children. Only villages raising idiots. The baseline in our country (public education) is beyond ridiculous. If a person succeeds, it is due to their own hard work, to their ingenuity. So again, this foolish thinking has been thoroughly discredited.

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

This is what we're talking about when we mean self made. We mean individuals overcoming the difficulties, and pushing forward to succeed, with only themselves. Robertson, just climbed back into his beat up pickup, and drove to the next store, and pitched the duck caller there, and then the next store, and next store, until he sold his duck callers. Apparently 'white privilege' didn't work for Robertson. So he just worked harder to overcome it.

You mean like economic freedom, low taxes, less government oppression, more stability? Yes. But the left wing in this country is doing everything in its power to eliminate all of those.

No, I would disagree with Obama claim, that you didn't build that. But clearly we are at a logical impasse on that. No point in discussing it any further.

Oh brother.

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

There are no villages raising children. Only villages raising idiots. The baseline in our country (public education) is beyond ridiculous. If a person succeeds, it is due to their own hard work, to their ingenuity. So again, this foolish thinking has been thoroughly discredited.

You're depriving a village somewhere of it's idiot.

Self made.

Hardly.

How does that matter?

He didn't want to take your job. You people hate outsourcing, remember?

Hardly.

How does that matter?

You people hate anyone who is not male, white and protestant. This is why you lose the General Election every 4 years.

How does that matter?

You people hate anyone who is not male, white and protestant. This is why you lose the General Election every 4 years.

You people? Funny, I think we won 9 seats in the last general election. I didn't lose anything. I didn't vote for Romney or McCain, because I did not support either of them. The last major presidential candidate I voted for... won. Bush. Twice even. :D

So.... Sorry, but facts contradict your opinion.

By the way, I was just kidding around. That was a joke before. I do not think you are an idiot. Someone I complete disagree with, yes. But you are not an idiot. I just thought that was funny.

Forum List

Back