Why is wanting to keep what you earned greed, but wanting what you didn't earn isn't?

The wife and I have figured out that if we both quit our jobs, her one and either one of the two I have, our son could have gone to College for free.

But then neither one of us is willing to go on the public tit unless we are incapable of working we will do so.

You probably also like the income I would think.

You're living in the wrong country if you consider taxes to be a penalty.

You should consider it a privilege to live in such a great country, but nope...you see it as being penalized. Perhaps it's time you looked for another country that has no taxation and is more to your liking.

Taxes used to support legitimate functions of the Government is fine and supported.

Taxes used to support non-legitimate functions such as 99 weeks of unemployment and welfare.. Please show me where those are listed in the Constitution as functions of the Federal Government. Please don't embarrass yourself and say "The General Welfare Clause"...

They're listed right next to where it says my tax dollars can be used for nuclear weapons.

Providing for an Army/Navy is provided for under the consitution. (The Air Force was originally part of the Army).

right.. so those that pay no federal income tax while earning any income are greedy....

How true.....those 40% of Americans who share only 2 tenths of a percent of our wealth are being greedy

u.s.-distribution-of-wealth-2007.jpeg

Ehhh.. wrong answer.. because contributing involuntarily to society is done in taxation.. and those earning an income and not paying anything in income tax, or paying less than others in income tax are the ones being greedy as they are receiving benefit at the expense of others...

Wow. You're not even willing to credit the bottom 40% with having earned the 0.2% in wealth they have. That's messed up.

You're living in the wrong country if you consider taxes to be a penalty.

You should consider it a privilege to live in such a great country, but nope...you see it as being penalized. Perhaps it's time you looked for another country that has no taxation and is more to your liking.

Taxes are not a penalty, but oppressive taxes are. which is the nature of my question.

My question wasn't about why do we have taxes, my question was why is wanting other people's money not greed. if you and I both chip in for roads, no one is taking someone else's money. if government takes my money and gives it to you, they are. According to liberals, when government does that, I'm greedy and the one who got my money isn't. That's the question, why?

But I only want to pay for the roads that I use. Why should you take MY money and use it on roads that other people get the advantage of? Why are they being greedy and want me to pay for their roads?

Local funding of local roads is a great idea, and would vastly reduce federal interference in states buisiness.

right.. so those that pay no federal income tax while earning any income are greedy....

How true.....those 40% of Americans who share only 2 tenths of a percent of our wealth are being greedy

Ehhh.. wrong answer.. because contributing involuntarily to society is done in taxation.. and those earning an income and not paying anything in income tax, or paying less than others in income tax are the ones being greedy as they are receiving benefit at the expense of others...

The savings or wealth is not taxed and is not the property of society nor government... those assets are not to be SHARED for the use of others... and remember it is not OUR wealth, it is THEIR wealth as individuals... your little commie thinking just wants to believe it is EVERYONE's wealth

I see it clearly.....You look at that graph of the distribution of wealth in this country and say..........How can I get my hands on that 2 tenths of a percent?

If it's so great, why aren't you doing it? Are you that dumb that you can't even figure out that "easy street" is there for you to grab and you can't even figure out how to start "living the good life" like those "moochers" are.
Maybe because he has a shred or two of dignity?

Just a guess.

Can't be...someone with dignity doesn't blame their problems on poor people.

Liberals crack me up. Give me a logical next item in this sequence: apple, orange, banana ...

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr leprechaun!

The savings or wealth is not taxed and is not the property of society nor government... those assets are not to be SHARED for the use of others... and remember it is not OUR wealth, it is THEIR wealth as individuals... your little commie thinking just wants to believe it is EVERYONE's wealth

I see it clearly.....You look at that graph of the distribution of wealth in this country and say..........How can I get my hands on that 2 tenths of a percent?

No - he looks at it and thinks "What is the bottom 40% doing with MY 0.2%?"

Taxes used to support legitimate functions of the Government is fine and supported.

Taxes used to support non-legitimate functions such as 99 weeks of unemployment and welfare.. Please show me where those are listed in the Constitution as functions of the Federal Government. Please don't embarrass yourself and say "The General Welfare Clause"...

They're listed right next to where it says my tax dollars can be used for nuclear weapons.

Providing for an Army/Navy is provided for under the consitution. (The Air Force was originally part of the Army).

As is welfare and unemployment.

Does the Constitution say that the President is Commander in Chief of the Army, Navy, and all units that used to be part of the Army? Or does it say the President is Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy?

As is welfare and unemployment.

The "General Welfare" is not welfare as you think it is.

Nice try though.
Welfare isn't welfare as you think it is.
Also find the word "unemployment" in the consitution.
There's a lot of words that aren't in the Constitution. That's because its not a dictionary.

Uh huh... :rolleyes:

Wealth is not a finite thing.. and I don't look at what others have, whether it be a little or a lot, and think I have to TAKE theirs... I see what I do for myself and earn my own..

Sorry guys... the wealth of others is not yours.. you have no right to it.. and you have no right to force them to 'redistribute' it how you see fit

Wealth is not a finite thing.. and I don't look at what others have, whether it be a little or a lot, and think I have to TAKE theirs... I see what I do for myself and earn my own..

Sorry guys... the wealth of others is not yours.. you have no right to it.. and you have no right to force them to 'redistribute' it how you see fit

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying the Congress does not have the right to tax under the 16th amendment?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying the Congress does not have the right to tax under the 16th amendment?

Did I say that people's INCOME could not be taxed??

No.. I said their wealth is not taxed.. you have no right to their wealth.. you have no right to tell them to redistribute their wealth.. and you have no right to use government to force them to redistribute their wealth....

You have the freedom to accumulate and earn to amass whatever wealth you can

Does the Constitution say that the President is Commander in Chief of the Army, Navy, and all units that used to be part of the Army? Or does it say the President is Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy?

Command isnt the issue here. What is the issue is the ability and/or requirement of the legislature to provide funding for an Army and a Navy.

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

I don't get it liberals, please explain

Not wanting to contribute to the society that you benefit from is greed

It's no longer an issue of contributing to the society you benefit from, we pay user taxes for everything we do, from, electrical, property, inventory, phone, energy, fuel for out trucks, license fees, employee health, garbage...... the list goes on and on. Simple fact, these add on user based taxes are designed to address every aspect of government maintenance and yet we pay corporate income tax, personal income taxes.... and our employees pay through the nose as well, and yet you are naive enough to state its greed that we would like to retain some of the sweat that runs down the crack of our asses, that is people that work, and pay these taxes? What you fail to understand is that the government has become a layered abyss of financial legerdemain focused on self preservation not fiscal prudence. Fact is we pay and pay and pay and I ask for what, failing roads, failing infrastructure, failing students unqualified to sweep the floors, pet political projects? Thank God the government is not held to the same standards of business this place would be forced into bankruptcy, oh forgot, this country is financially insolvent!

Forum List

Back