Why is wanting to keep what you earned greed, but wanting what you didn't earn isn't?

I don't get it liberals, please explain
The second premise of the question is presumptive.

Wanting to retain (hoard) an excessive amount of money is greed (gluttony). Wanting to have an excessive amount of money to hoard is also greedy (gluttonous).

I consider twenty million dollars to be a reasonable amount of wealth. I consider more than twenty million to be excessive wealth, mainly because it represents the potential for extreme political corruption -- such as that which is destroying our political system.

Founders like Madison were extremely clear about the dangerous of wealth accumulation. While they thought that private property as well as intellectual ideas should be protected, in no way were they in favor of creating a new aristocracy. Locke also cautions against this.

Seems that all the die hard conservatives who source these fellows seem to forget that.

right.. so those that pay no federal income tax while earning any income are greedy....

How true.....those 40% of Americans who share only 2 tenths of a percent of our wealth are being greedy

u.s.-distribution-of-wealth-2007.jpeg

The answer is right here. To LOlberals, everything you earn belongs to everyone. You didn't build that. it's not yours, it belongs to the government we (not all of us mind you, only those int eh mob who voted. Not even a majority of citizens) elected. LOLberals do not believe in self ownership or private property, they believe in communal ownership as dictated by the government.

What wrongringer would really like to say is, "it's greedy because all the wealth belongs to the government WE elected and therefore, if you dont want to contribute to "our" society, you're a greedy bastard deserving of a gun pointed in your face and have it taken from you if you fail to comply."

The question at hand is who is being "greedy"

The person who shares 2 tenths of a percent of our nations wealth with 40% of Americans and is unable to contribute much to taxzes

or

The person in the one percent who controls 34.6% of our wealth and bitches about contributing to our society

You decide

To have the power, the fed would have to have it specifically enumerated.. It is not (and please, no leaving off the text after the word "welfare" from article 1 section 8)... the 10th amendment then reserves all other powers that are not specifically granted to the fed to the states and/or the people..

Now.. this is not to say that the federal government has stayed within it's assigned powers.. and it is not to say that they are not doing it currently.. but the constitution does not grant the fed the power to give entitlements for things such as welfare and/or unemployment

The wording is very clear... words have meaning.. punctuation has a purpose.. and complete context is useful when reading the constitution

Oh bullshit.

The 10th is a catchall..the Constitution is supreme.

And it's in the preamble and the first clause of the powers of congress to provide for the general welfare.

You guys want to make a case for "exact words"? Well we wouldn't have a standing army. Since the Constitution provides for a temporary one made up of militias.

Seems you went for the more "general" interpretation of that one. :doubt:

It is a 'catchall' to catch the fed trying to take power it is not specifically granted.. the wording is QUITE clear

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And perhaps you should read again on the Army

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Militia and Army and Navy are listed as and treated as different things.. and monies are appropriated YEARLY...

Go back to school

Perhaps you should read what you post.

The second premise of the question is presumptive.

Wanting to retain (hoard) an excessive amount of money is greed (gluttony). Wanting to have an excessive amount of money to hoard is also greedy (gluttonous).

I consider twenty million dollars to be a reasonable amount of wealth. I consider more than twenty million to be excessive wealth, mainly because it represents the potential for extreme political corruption -- such as that which is destroying our political system.

Founders like Madison were extremely clear about the dangerous of wealth accumulation. While they thought that private property as well as intellectual ideas should be protected, in no way were they in favor of creating a new aristocracy. Locke also cautions against this.

Seems that all the die hard conservatives who source these fellows seem to forget that.

A government which spends 25% of our economy, including a trillion it doesn't have, is going to be the judge of what "excessive" wealth is. Gotcha. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house...

That is not what I believe.
Do any of you other liberals believe this?

of course you do.

No, I don't.
And BTW, your income is your wealth.
Not all of it. Only the portion leftover after my living expenses. My fuck you're an idiot.

Who is stupid?

wealth/wɛlθ/ Show Spelled [welth] Show IPA
noun
1. a great quantity or store of money, valuable possessions, property, or other riches: the wealth of a city.
2. an abundance or profusion of anything; plentiful amount: a wealth of imagery.
3. Economics .
a. all things that have a monetary or exchange value. b. anything that has utility and is capable of being appropriated or exchanged.
4. rich or valuable contents or produce: the wealth of the soil.
5. the state of being rich; prosperity; affluence: persons of wealth and standing.

As i said before, your income is your property.

And you're a serious dumb fuck. Congratulations.

of course you do.

No, I don't.
And BTW, your income is your wealth.
Not all of it. Only the portion leftover after my living expenses. My fuck you're an idiot.

Who is stupid?

noun
1. a great quantity or store of money, valuable possessions, property, or other riches: the wealth of a city.
2. an abundance or profusion of anything; plentiful amount: a wealth of imagery.
3. Economics .
a. all things that have a monetary or exchange value. b. anything that has utility and is capable of being appropriated or exchanged.
5. the state of being rich; prosperity; affluence: persons of wealth and standing.

I didn't say it wasn't my property.

No they are not.

Yes they are

Case reference?

Article III - The Judicial Branch

Section 1 - Judicial powers

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

Section 2 - Trial by Jury, Original Jurisdiction, Jury Trials

(The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.) (This section in parentheses is modified by the 11th Amendment.)

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Amendment 7 - Trial by Jury in Civil Cases. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Amendment 11 - Judicial Limits. Ratified 2/7/1795. Note History

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

Please show where the Judicial branch has the power to determine this by 'case reference'.... the Judicial (like the other branches of the government) does not simply get to take or grant itself powers

No, I don't.

Who is stupid?

noun
3. Economics .

No, you simply dont know what wealth is. Then tried to turn it on me as if I didn't know. You're a dumbfuck. PLain. And. Simple.

Oh bullshit.

The 10th is a catchall..the Constitution is supreme.

And it's in the preamble and the first clause of the powers of congress to provide for the general welfare.

You guys want to make a case for "exact words"? Well we wouldn't have a standing army. Since the Constitution provides for a temporary one made up of militias.

Seems you went for the more "general" interpretation of that one. :doubt:

It is a 'catchall' to catch the fed trying to take power it is not specifically granted.. the wording is QUITE clear

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices, and he shall have Power to Grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Militia and Army and Navy are listed as and treated as different things.. and monies are appropriated YEARLY...

Go back to school

perhaps you should realize that it is in REFERENCE TO THE MONEY

Punctuation and context actually MEANS SOMETHING

Yes they are

Case reference?

The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good Behavior, and shall, at stated Times, receive for their Services a Compensation which shall not be diminished during their Continuance in Office.

(The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.) (This section in parentheses is modified by the 11th Amendment.)

In all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, and those in which a State shall be Party, the supreme Court shall have original Jurisdiction. In all the other Cases before mentioned, the supreme Court shall have appellate Jurisdiction, both as to Law and Fact, with such Exceptions, and under such Regulations as the Congress shall make.

The Trial of all Crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury; and such Trial shall be held in the State where the said Crimes shall have been committed; but when not committed within any State, the Trial shall be at such Place or Places as the Congress may by Law have directed.

Section 3 - Treason Note

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

Amendment 5 - Trial and Punishment, Compensation for Takings. Ratified 12/15/1791.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Amendment 6 - Right to Speedy Trial, Confrontation of Witnesses. Ratified 12/15/1791.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

The Judicial power of the United States shall not be construed to extend to any suit in law or equity, commenced or prosecuted against one of the United States by Citizens of another State, or by Citizens or Subjects of any Foreign State.

Please show where the Judicial branch has the power to determine this by 'case reference'.... the Judicial (like the other branches of the government) does not simply get to take or grant itself powers

Thanks for all that, its not what I asked for though.

Can you please show me the court ruling where it was determined that welfare and unemployment benefits are prohibited by the 10th amendment to the Constitution?

The person who shares 2 tenths of a percent of our nations wealth with 40% of Americans and is unable to contribute much to taxzes

or

The person in the one percent who controls 34.6% of our wealth and bitches about contributing to our society

You decide

The politicians are being greedy.

In your system, a small ruling elite political class control all the wealth, which you say is "the people" owning the wealth. That's so much better than people being free to have what they earned.

Who is stupid?

noun
3. Economics .

No, you simply dont know what wealth is. Then tried to turn it on me as if I didn't know. You're a dumbfuck. PLain. And. Simple.

I know that the income I spend on consumables doesn't translate to wealth. Though I guess that worked for Enron for a while.

Case reference?

Section 3 - Treason Note

Can you please show me the court ruling where it was determined that welfare and unemployment benefits are prohibited by the 10th amendment to the Constitution?

The court has no constitutionally provided power to do such a thing.. AS SHOWN BY THE POWERS GRANTED IN THE CONSTITUTION

and again....

To have the power, the fed would have to have it specifically enumerated.. It is not (and please, no leaving off the text after the word "welfare" from article 1 section 8)... the 10th amendment then reserves all other powers that are not specifically granted to the fed to the states and/or the people..

Now.. this is not to say that the federal government has stayed within it's assigned powers.. and it is not to say that they are not doing it currently.. but the constitution does not grant the fed the power to give entitlements for things such as welfare and/or unemployment

The wording is very clear... words have meaning.. punctuation has a purpose.. and complete context is useful when reading the constitution

Last edited:

How do we fund the government if you keep all your money?

How about you chipping in for a change?

Or, more reasonably, why don't we reduce government to a level that tax rates would not be an issue. But then, a whole lot of able bodied people would actually have to go to work to make a living.

Why don't we? Because the People won't agree to it.

How much are you willing to cut defense spending? 40%? Because that's how much you'd have to cut it just to get to where the current taxes would pay for it.

That's before you even think about cutting your taxes.

Go back to school

No money, no army davey.

That was the intention.

A temporary army to deal with invasions or insurrection.

The navy has no such restriction.

Really.....
How would you cap someone's wealth?
Anything over 20Million goes directly to the government because they would know better what to do with your money?
excessive wealth is destroying our political system? Nice try, How about corrupt politicians are destroying our political system. How about low IQ voters are destroying our political system.
So you are saying that the government knows better ways to spend your money than you do? Talk about low self-esteem.

No money, no army davey.

That was the intention.

A temporary army to deal with invasions or insurrection.

The navy has no such restriction.

Are you that dense??

We allocate money YEARLY.. not bi-yearly.. not every 4 years

Idiot

The armies and the militia are mentioned SEPARATELY..

Learn English

Section 3 - Treason Note

The court has no constitutionally provided power to do such a thing.. AS SHOWN BY THE POWERS GRANTED IN THE CONSTITUTION

The court has no power to determine the Constitutionality of a law? lol! What civics class did you take that teaches this?

The power is granted in Article I Section 8 Clause 1.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back