why not just sit on your butt and pray?

It is part of the fraud of some and by default of most religists that they jump to take ownership of medical cures and recoveries.

I find it especially onerous that the doctors involved in these circumstances don't come out strongly in denying the claims bragged about by these people.

They, the fundis, claim to do no harm..and the doctors are sworn to do no harm.

There IS harm when those that may need medical help choose to pray instead of getting timely medical intervention.

It is part of the fraud of some and by default of most religists that they jump to take ownership of medical cures and recoveries.

I find it especially onerous that the doctors involved in these circumstances don't come out strongly in denying the claims bragged about by these people.

There IS harm when those that may need medical help choose to pray instead of getting timely medical intervention.

There is a HUGE difference between God intervening in a person's medical condition and a person deciding for God that He is going to do something for them just because they decided He should.

There is a HUGE difference between God intervening in a person's medical condition and a person deciding for God that He is going to do something for them just because they decided He should.

What a crock of steaming dog shit. There is no god to intervene in anything.

Interjecting some medical super fairy into a conversation about the health of anyone is just as bad or worse than a person pretending he or she is a physician and giving medical advice. What is really criminal is that there is no law against it. There should be and anyone giving medical advice that praying will help someone's health should be arrested and convicted and given the same punnishment as a quack.

You cut and paste material, from material, you hope to use to prove the material is right?

That's hilarious.
no...I cut and pasted a link to a tool.....which enabled you to get the independent confirmation you said you wanted......if you don't wish to use that tool is fine with me.....just don't pretend what I stated can't be independently confirmed.....

You're making up this nonsense as you go along.

What is confirmed when cutting and pasting bible verses is used in a silly attempt to prove the bibles are true?

????.....you asked me to explain to you how one identifies that which is to be understood literally, using the beginning of Genesis.....I did so......you did not ask me to prove the Bible to be true, nor would I waste my time trying to do so.....

its a shame this board doesn't have a more intelligent group of atheists to argue with.....you lot are getting boring......

That's a lovely story but I have no reason to believe it.

I didn't post it to give you a reason to believe....I recognize an impossible task when I see one.....

Do you have some odd notion that anyone is obligated to accept your stories of magical cures for disease. You have a history of being unreliable when it comes to making assessments of the rational world.

/shrugs....and you have a history of bad judgment regarding reliability.....

no...I cut and pasted a link to a tool.....which enabled you to get the independent confirmation you said you wanted......if you don't wish to use that tool is fine with me.....just don't pretend what I stated can't be independently confirmed.....

What is confirmed when cutting and pasting bible verses is used in a silly attempt to prove the bibles are true?

????.....you asked me to explain to you how one identifies that which is to be understood literally, using the beginning of Genesis.....I did so......you did not ask me to prove the Bible to be true, nor would I waste my time trying to do so.....

its a shame this board doesn't have a more intelligent group of atheists to argue with.....you lot are getting boring......
There's no need to get pissy when it is you who is not paying attention.

Cutting and pasting verses from the bibles to explain biblical tales and fables is pointless.

Instead of merely cutting and pasting rote lists of bible verses, identify for us what parts of genesis are literal renderings and which are not.

We can then to move to other parts of the bibles and you can give us your authoritative analysis as to what is literal and what is allegory.

I didn't post it to give you a reason to believe....I recognize an impossible task when I see one.....

Do you have some odd notion that anyone is obligated to accept your stories of magical cures for disease. You have a history of being unreliable when it comes to making assessments of the rational world.

/shrugs....and you have a history of bad judgment regarding reliability.....

You just can't identify where so you throw a pointless comment and retreat.

Cults do that. They separate the cult members from everyone else by identifying others with terms such as "you lot".

what to debate with a pompous egotistical prig like you ......I would take boredom anyday.

Cults do that. They separate the cult members from everyone else by identifying others with terms such as "you lot".
or if they are slightly more intellectual than Profiterole they use "your Ilk".

Cutting and pasting verses from the bibles to explain biblical tales and fables is pointless.

yet I didn't cut and paste verses from the Bible to explain tales......I cut and pasted to demonstrate what you asked for, a way to identify the various genres of the Bible....together with a Hebrew interlinear and concordance so you could independently verify what I had explained......

if providing exactly what you asked for was pointless, why did you ask for it?.......

what to debate with a pompous egotistical prig like you ......I would take boredom anyday.

lol....atheists hate it when they can't answer legitimate questions....

yet I didn't cut and paste verses from the Bible to explain tales......I cut and pasted to demonstrate what you asked for, a way to identify the various genres of the Bible....together with a Hebrew interlinear and concordance so you could independently verify what I had explained......

if providing exactly what you asked for was pointless, why did you ask for it?.......

I never asked for rote lists of bible verses.

Are talking snakes a literal rendering of events within genesis?

How about fruit theft being a curse upon all of humanity?

Tell us, your prophet'ness, give us a comprehensive list of true vs. well, kinda' sorta' true vs. nah, that ain't true elements in genesis.

Give us your prophet'ical determination.

Tell us, your prophet'ness, give us a comprehensive list of true vs. well, kinda' sorta' true vs. nah, that ain't true elements in genesis.

It's all true...except for the stuff that's not.

Duh.

It is true that atheists hate it when they cannot find the answers to SOME questions.

Religists hate it when they cannot answer ANY questions..

so I give you what you ask for for Genesis 1-2, you completely ignore it (besides complaining that I did what you ask) and now you want me to do the rest of the chapters?.......

by the way, as for talking snakes, remember what I said about pericopes that begin the the Hebrew word translated as "now"?......
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

so I give you what you ask for for Genesis 1-2, you completely ignore it (besides complaining that I did what you ask) and now you want me to do the rest of the chapters?.......

by the way, as for talking snakes, remember what I said about pericopes that begin the the Hebrew word translated as "now"?......
Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”

What animals other than the talking snake existed in the garden of fruit theft?

It is true that atheists hate it when they cannot find the answers to SOME questions.

Religists hate it when they cannot answer ANY questions..

do you have one I haven't answered?......

Hey, I can give answers to any question poses me. The problem is---does my answer reflect reality?

Notice how avoided the word "truth"

What animals other than the talking snake existed in the garden of fruit theft?

I haven't the slightest idea.....why?......

Forum List

Back