Zone1 Why Protestants annoy me (and other Catholics)

You are on the wrong trackif you think all your questions about Jesus's Church can be found explicitly or even implicitly in Scrpture every time
Well, they should be. If it isn't in Scripture then why should I think it's from God and nothing more than just traditions of men?

he was DYING

and he was in very close proximity to JESUS Himself...

I think Jesus and the Father realize that not everyone (who would live after Jesus ascended) CAN BE baptized before death comes along... but Scripture tells us that the way God wants things done is ... "Baptism now saves you"

don't know where that psg is, but it is in the New T
So, you're saying that Jesus and the Father bent the rules that they applied to everyone else? I don't think so. Jesus made it abundantly clear that faith in Him is what is required, and that His Gospel was for the WHOLE world, ALL people from EVERY nation.

The verse says the water SYMBOLIZES the baptism that saves. IOW, the baptism is not the ceremony of submerging in water or having it poured over the head. Get the whole context when quoting something like that.

Yes, He established His Church, but your efforts to claim that all for yourself are futile.
I noticed

:rolleyes:
So, you're saying that Jesus and the Father bent the rules that they applied to everyone else? I don't think so. Jesus made it abundantly clear that faith in Him is what is required, and that His Gospel was for the WHOLE world, ALL people from EVERY nation.

T
you would argue with God Himself

Oh, that's right... you are

⛪

I am neither Protestant nor Catholic but I do have deeply spiritual leanings.

One thing that annoys me about Protestants is how they dress so prim and proper for church but then go home and are slobs and trash like so many others. Catholics come as they are. And while obviously not all Catholics are honest, that is still a more humble and honest approach to worship.

Did he lead people to the Lord and salvation?

people need more than to be led to Christ

they need to have the means to STAY with him all the way to Heaven

As u may know, people fall away from Christ (both Catholic and Protestant)

Well, they should be. If it isn't in Scripture then why should I think it's from God and nothing more than just traditions of men?
And therein lies a major weakness in their viewpoint. In order to maintain their belief in their own superiority, they have to use non-Scriptural sources, and that's a problem. Jesus made salvation easily accessible for everyone and we should not be putting our hurdles in the way.

One thing that annoys me about Protestants is how they dress so prim and proper for church but then go home and are slobs and trash like so many others. Catholics come as they are. And while obviously not all Catholics are honest, that is still a more humble and honest approach to worship.
The reason they do that is so they bring their best when they go to worship, to show respect for God. It's not a Scriptural thing.

both do this.. dress up for Church, then... well, I've never known a Cahtolic to be a total slob, but I myself am rather disorganized at home and etc (at least until I get done with other htings and have time to organize)...

Anyway, a bigger problem is when people are "good" at their "church" but then do things their Church or "church" teaches gainst... Again, that is why we need a Church from Christ himself to not only get us on the road to Heaven but keep us there... though we may fall off into the ditch 100 times b4 it's all over with... and probably will...

Which is why it is so important that they join a local fellowship of believers.

not hardly.

I'm in the right Church, which is of course the ONLY Church
Right, the world-wide group of those who have put their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and who follow Him in their everyday lives. These people are found in all walks of life, in all nations and people groups, and gather to worship with fellow believers. The TRUE Church of Christ extends far beyond the artificial boundaries of those who wish to keep that name all for themselves.

Was Billy Graham a true Christian?

Forum List

Back