Why Scott Walker's Views On Evolution Are Totally Relevant

Walker doesn't want to talk about evolution or religion, but Obama said that the muslim call to prayer is the "most beautiful sound on earth" and you libs just ignore that statement--------------------WTF is wrong with you.

What's wrong with the Muslim call to prayer?

nothing wrong with it, but obama made a very pro-muslim statement about it. If a GOP candidate had made a similar statement about a Christian prayer or song, you libs would be all up in arms about him bringing religion into politics.

I am merely pointing out more of the hypocrisy of the left.

You're the hypocrite.

So yes the far left can not find anywhere Walker has signed a law replacing evolution with creationism..
Thus proving this is nothing but far let propagdna hatred and fear mongering..

You can't find any evidence of me being on the far left.

LOL, only every post that you make.

But on the OP. Schools should teach evolution and the biblical version and not take a position on which is right or wrong. Schools should teach, not indoctrinate.

What's my far left position on guns?

How can schools teach without telling kids what's right and wrong?

How could a kid get a 65 on a test if the school has no right to tell him what answers he got right or wrong?

How can a school teach the shape of the Earth if they can't tell the kids the Flat Earthers are wrong?

I don't know, maybe you should tell us

Right and wrong applies to math and science and language, not to religion and philosophy

as usual, you missed the point

Science vs religion, try to focus.

Telling "the kids the Flat Earthers are wrong" relies of scientific fact.

And yet the far left keep posting their propaganda, what are we do with the far left religious cult?

Walker doesn't want to talk about evolution or religion, but Obama said that the muslim call to prayer is the "most beautiful sound on earth" and you libs just ignore that statement--------------------WTF is wrong with you.

What's wrong with the Muslim call to prayer?

nothing wrong with it, but obama made a very pro-muslim statement about it. If a GOP candidate had made a similar statement about a Christian prayer or song, you libs would be all up in arms about him bringing religion into politics.

I am merely pointing out more of the hypocrisy of the left.

You're the hypocrite.

Oh my the irony of those comments from the far left drones!

Look, it's clear that liberals feel nobody has the right to their own opinions or beliefs, so lets quit avoiding this simple fact.

That actually, Mud, is the feeling of the far right: only they are correct and everybody else should shut up.

You have the right to your own uninformed views.

Even if they are wrong.

Sorry, but Walker's views are definitely slanted, and in most cases they're wrong.

I hope he runs for President, because he's gonna face the same fate as his Savior.

He's gonna get crucified.

Just for the record could you post the source of that Obama quote.

Obama Call to Muslim prayer is one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset

So you're proving you misquoted him?

lolol

yes, I did not have the words exactly right, forgive me, oh great libtardian.

my point remains valid. Obama made a very pro-muslim statement, and thats just fine. But this thread is about Walker being raked by you libs for not wanting to talk about creationism vs evolution. You want it both ways, your guys can say anything on the subject and never be questioned, but a GOP candidate is not allowed to have opinions or to refuse to debate the issue.

Why do you libs care whether Walker believes in creation or evolution???? What difference does it make?

You have the right to your own uninformed views.

Even if they are wrong.

Sorry, but Walker's views are definitely slanted, and in most cases they're wrong.

I hope he runs for President, because he's gonna face the same fate as his Savior.

He's gonna get crucified.

Jesus rose from the dead------------------

lolol

my point remains valid. Obama made a very pro-muslim statement, and thats just fine. But this thread is about Walker being raked by you libs for not wanting to talk about creationism vs evolution. You want it both ways, your guys can say anything on the subject and never be questioned, but a GOP candidate is not allowed to have opinions or to refuse to debate the issue.

Why do you libs care whether Walker believes in creation or evolution???? What difference does it make?

Walker politicized it when he gave a politician's non-answer answer.

Scott Walker doesn’t want reporters to ask him about his position on evolution. That’s one more reason why they should.

Walker, the newly re-elected governor of Wisconsin, is a front-runner for the 2016 Republican nomination. This week he was in London to promote his state’s business interests and, undoubtedly, to establish himself as a credible figure on the world stage. But then a reporter asked Walker whether he believed in evolution. Walker said he would “punt” on that question and added “that’s a question a politician shouldn’t be involved in one way or the other.”

Supporters and other conservatives rallied to Walker’s defense, suggesting that the question itself was out of bounds -- or at least another example of the mainstream media ganging up on Republican candidates.

But there’s a reason reporters are curious to learn what Walker thinks about evolution. Some 90 years after the Scopes Trial, the theory of evolution and its place in the schools remain matters of public debate. Two states, Louisiana and Tennessee, now allow public schools to teach “alternatives” to evolution. Several others allow public funding to support such teaching through charter schools or vouchers. At least for the sake of politics, the issue isn't really whether “faith & science are compatible,” as Scott put it; Pope Francis has said he believes in evolution, for example. Rather, the issue is whether discussions of divine intervention belong in the classroom. That raises fundamental questions about the boundaries between religion and science that Walker, as a president appointing federal judges, would have to consider.

Basic respect for, and appreciation of, science is another issue. Put a bunch of evolutionary biologists in a room and you'll get a lively debate over the precise origins of some species, such as the bat, and the extent to which "random processes," rather than the familiar power of natural selection, shaped populations over time. What you won’t get is denial or skepticism of the insights we now associate with Darwin -- the idea that the species on Earth emerged over a very long time, through a process of hereditary, generation-to-generation change. The science on this is just not up for reasonable debate. "You have to be blinkered or ignorant not to know that," saysJerry Coyne, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Chicago and author of the book Why Evolution Is True.

Interrogating Democrats about whether they accept the expert consensus on evolution, or any other scientific issue, is absolutely fair game. But Republicans have given the press, and the public, more reason to ask questions. Walker's silence turns out to be typical of the GOP presidential field, as Salon's Luke Brinker noted this week. And Republicans have shown similar disregard for science on other issues -- most critically, climate change. As with evolution, you can get a spirited, meaningful debate among the experts over precisely how quickly global warming will take place or exactly what consequences it will have. What you won’t find is a significant number of scientists questioning that the planet is warming because of human activity. And yet Republicans routinely deny this, citing supposed uncertainty over the details as reason not to take action on reducing emissions or pursuing alternative energy more aggressively.

It’s possible that Walker believes in evolution and is simply wary of offending voters -- particularly the white evangelical voters who hold enormous sway in the Republican primaries and are more likely than other groups to question the theory’s basic tenets. Walker’s carefully worded tweets, which manage to talk about science without using the word “evolution,” would be consistent with such caution. Of course, this would only render the question more relevant. As president, Walker would surely have those same voters in mind when contemplating decisions about other issues -- reproductive rights, for instance, or same-sex marriage.

More: Why Scott Walker's Views On Evolution Are Totally Relevant

It should be obvious that Walker's views on evolution are totally relevant.

So you were in his camp until you realized he wouldn't answer the evolution question? I'm glad to hear such thoughtful analysis from a true thinker with a critical mind. So if he does come out as an evolution believer, that sews up your vote for him, right?

The most important question and answer is that we all know that Walker is not libertarian.

You are in fact, guy, talking about your lack of disproof for God's existence.

That's OK. You operate on faith.

NO, I operate on evidence and reason.

Unlike believers, who fill in the spaces with their imaginations.
Yes, you do, but can't disprove God.

End of that.

Fakey, you're trolling again...
Not at all, faker. Pointing out that you can't answer the question is not trolling.

Jake, are you just starved for attention?
Along with credibility and relevance.

I suppose you may be right, Joe. You have been pretty much rendered harmless during your tenure here at USMB.

Well, other than all the space I occupy in your head...
You're the one following me around, unable to lose with dignity and shut your pie hole.

Yes, Joe and dignity go together like leopards and pajamas.

My favorite part his how with his deep seeded anger and hostility issues he constantly calls people angry and hostile. Well either that or when he talks about people being crazy. That's a hard one

I suppose you may be right, Joe. You have been pretty much rendered harmless during your tenure here at USMB.

You're the one following me around, unable to lose with dignity and shut your pie hole.

My favorite part his how with his deep seeded anger and hostility issues he constantly calls people angry and hostile. Well either that or when he talks about people being crazy. That's a hard one

You mean Ernie S., of course. He is simply an irrelevant asshole. :) He makes Joe look like an Einstein in comparison.

Last edited:

You mean Ernie S., of course. He is simply an irrelevant asshole. :)

LOL, do you read Joe's posts or just see his name and click agree? Once again you side with the leftist while claiming to be a Republican.

You mean Ernie S., of course. He is simply an irrelevant asshole. :)

LOL, do you read Joe's posts or just see his name and click agree? Once again you side with the leftist while claiming to be a Republican.
LOL! I read your post and since it was a response to a member I ignore, it appeared as though it was responding to me.
I clicked on shoe ignored content and lo and behold, I see FakeSmarmy's post calling me an irrelevant asshole.

We had a poll for that, he lost big time. Shall I link it again, Fake, or would you like to let it die?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

lolol

Walker politicized it when he gave a politician's non-answer answer.

Yeah right, lies are preferable. "if you like your plan you can keep it" "my administration will be the most transparent in history"

but you dodged the question, what difference does it make what any politicial believes about creation and evolution? How does that affect his/her ability to do their jobs?

It doesn't and you fricken well know it, but it gives you demtards something to use to demonize those who oppose you.

Forum List

Back