Why should blacks become republicans?

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.

Well, why would blacks not join the Republican Party?

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

So I think that's about it.

The bulk of the black community is addicted to the Democratic Party, hence the lack of communication. One day they'll ignore their hand-puppet political leaders - grifters all - and realize they've been had.

I'm black and this is not a logical answer. Given the state of the republican party today, we're had if we join the republican party.
What I sincerely don't understand is how the GOP can make an argument that minorities should be attracted to a party that has produced a President who claimed to not know who David Duke is, who wants to build a wall between us and Mexico, and who has clearly given rise to white nationalism and literally inspired white "supremacist" groups nationwide.

Incomprehensible. Cognitive dissonance.

Too funny. David Duke is supremely forgettable.

Ever see the film "They Live!"? Put your sunglasses on. You've been duped by media magnification.

The numbers of "white supremacists" are infinitesimal in the extreme.

Clueless old white guys telling blacks how they should feel about racism is hilarious.

I've posed this question in many ways over time here, and the response I keep getting is "at some point minorities will realize that the GOP is better for them". When I ask what the GOP is going to do in terms of outreach, some attempt at communication, I get nothing. Apparently, an attractive come-hither look is the approach, while the Democrats continue their 24-hour-a-day full-court press.

The bulk of the black community is addicted to the Democratic Party. One day they'll ignore their hand-puppet political leaders - grifters all - and realize they've been had.
Well, that's what I mean. I wonder how many generations that will take.

How many generations will what take?
For minorities to realize how wonderful the GOP is for them, regardless of contrary evidence.

That's definitely is going to take some time. :badgrin:

The bulk of the black community is addicted to the Democratic Party, hence the lack of communication. One day they'll ignore their hand-puppet political leaders - grifters all - and realize they've been had.

I'm black and this is not a logical answer. Given the state of the republican party today, we're had if we join the republican party.
What I sincerely don't understand is how the GOP can make an argument that minorities should be attracted to a party that has produced a President who claimed to not know who David Duke is, who wants to build a wall between us and Mexico, and who has clearly given rise to white nationalism and literally inspired white "supremacist" groups nationwide.

Ever see the film "They Live!"? Put your sunglasses on. You've been duped by media magnification.

Old white guys telling blacks how they should feel about racism is hilarious.

How they "feel" is irrelevant. How their thinking is controlled is the issue. Whites too.

Clueless old white guys telling blacks how they should feel about racism is hilarious.
/-----/ Tell us about Black racism.

How is it not logical?

What do you believe the state of the Republican Party to be?

If the Democratic Party is so great for the black community, why is the bulk of the community pretty much right where it was a half-century ago when the Democrats became the favored party?

Blacks have seen significant economic advancement over the past 50 years.

Uneducated white males - you know, Trump’s base - have not. The median inflation-adjusted income of this cohort is lower than it was in 1968. Yet this group makes up the bulk of the Republican Party base.

I would like a logical explanation from one of you white republicans as to why blacks should join your party. Please do not regurgitate the lame story about the 1860 democratic party. After all, every time we blacks talk about what occurred during that time none of you were there. The history of things were not important to you in this regard, so since you weren't around in 1860 and history is not important you in other situations, it's not important now. So please explain why blacks should join the republican party.
You love the D Party yet it is the party of slavery, segregation, lynching, and Jim Crow.

You obviously are very confused.

How is it not logical?

If the Democratic Party is so great for the black community, why is the bulk of the community pretty much right where it was a half-century ago when the Democrats became the favored party?

Blacks have seen significant economic advancement over the past 50 years.

Yeah. Those guys are Republicans. :113:

So far the responses have illustrated and justified the OP.

Talk radio doesn't provide intellectual ammo on this, so real answers are hard to come by.

Blaming the media, blaming what the Dems were 160 years ago, isn't going to cut it, not when minorities are living it.

The same old white guys who are pissed at political correctness - ie liberals telling them how to think and behave - are telling blacks how to think and behave.

:lol:

Too funny.

Nope. Just saying look at what you've got. It affects me not at all.

"I've got mine, Jack".

How is it not logical?

The current republican party is led by a racist. Blacks are where we are as result of policies of both parties. .For 22 out of the past 24 years congress has been controlled by republicans. Since 1968 we've had 6 republican presidents and 3 democrats. The majority of states for the past 24 years have been controlled by republicans. So repeating republican propaganda is not going to cut it here.

The only thing Republicans offer to blacks is more prisons

The only thing Republicans offer to blacks is more prisons
Republicans also offer black Americans an undue burden to their right to vote.

How is it not logical?

The current republican party is led by a racist

20953096-10214113566742245-3535129817851867740-n_orig.jpg

/----/ Well you weren't around in 1860 either but that doesn't stop you from harping on slavery and reparations and BLM and quotas, does it? You want to align yourself with the party that fought to preserve slavery and attack those who freed the slaves then go right ahead. BTW it's not my place to tell anyone why they should join a political party. Only liberals look at everything through race, Republicans, don't.
View attachment 187871

LOL! You can always count on one white boy here to do what this fool has done. .As you can see this is one way republicans try playing race.

And there's another perfect example of my point.

I saw the interview. Unless you're claiming it was a media-made CGI character posing as Trump, I saw what he said.

So what?

Unless the media is putting up CGI characters as white nationalists and white supremacists, I'm seeing them, too.

How many did you see?

And so do minorities from coast to coast. Spinning and denying aren't good enough, nor will they ever be.

Shrug. They are of course welcome to remain in their current status quo, or educate themselves in these matters. Their choice.

We are educated in these matters. That's why we aren't republicans.

Well, why would blacks not join the Republican Party?

I get to ask the question this time and as you read the responses, the answer will be revealed to you.

Old white guys telling blacks how they should feel about racism is hilarious.

How they "feel" is irrelevant. How their thinking is controlled is the issue. Whites too.

How is our thinking controlled?

Forum List

Back