Why the fuck aren't we stopping all passengers from IBOLA infected regions?

What is truly disturbing is that people seem to be putting their partisanship and political correctness BEFORE the health of our citizens. Honestly, I don't care if it disrupts somebody's business or not; that should not be a factor when it comes to a deadly virus that has reached pandemic proportions. I don't care if Obama says he hugs and kisses nurses who have treated Ebola patients. WHY is he telling us that?
It has not reached pandemic proportions. What has reach pandemic proportions is the hysteria and fear mongering.

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.
That's not the literal definition of pandemic. One or two people having it in another country is not a pandemic. It hasn't spread widely in this country; what has spread widely in this country is hysteria.

pandemic
(of a disease) prevalent throughout an entire country, continent, or the whole world; epidemic over a large area.
general; universal:
pandemic fear of atomic war.

It seems like they are very irresponsible in handling this. They should be giving travel advisories. They should be being honest with us instead of trying to placate us. It just seems strange that instead of saying to take common sense precautions but not to panic because in our country, the disease is not nor should it reach epidemic proportions, but instead our president is telling us that he hugs and kisses Ebola nurses and feels fine. ????

What is truly disturbing is that people seem to be putting their partisanship and political correctness BEFORE the health of our citizens. Honestly, I don't care if it disrupts somebody's business or not; that should not be a factor when it comes to a deadly virus that has reached pandemic proportions. I don't care if Obama says he hugs and kisses nurses who have treated Ebola patients. WHY is he telling us that?
It has not reached pandemic proportions. What has reach pandemic proportions is the hysteria and fear mongering.

Once a disease spreads from continent to continent, it is considered a pandemic. I don't know why people are insisting upon minimizing it. It is a serious disease that kills 60% to 70% of the people who contract it.
That's not the literal definition of pandemic. One or two people having it in another country is not a pandemic. It hasn't spread widely in this country; what has spread widely in this country is hysteria.

I'm sorry but you are wrong about that.

CDC Director Compares Spread of Ebola to AIDS Pandemic - NBC News

It seems like they are very irresponsible in handling this. They should be giving travel advisories. They should be being honest with us instead of trying to placate us. It just seems strange that instead of saying to take common sense precautions but not to panic because in our country, the disease is not nor should it reach epidemic proportions, but instead our president is telling us that he hugs and kisses Ebola nurses and feels fine. ????
This is what the fear mongering is meant to do, to make people think authorities are being irresponsible, etc. The UK brought a doctor home who had Ebola, so he could be treated there, so why are American citizens acting as if the American authorities are irresponsible, that the president is at fault for this nurse contracting Ebola, that he is putting us all at risk?

I added the definition to my post. I'm not wrong.

This is what the fear mongering is meant to do, to make people think authorities are being irresponsible, etc. The UK brought a doctor home who had Ebola, so he could be treated there, so why are American citizens acting as if the American authorities are irresponsible, that the president is at fault for this nurse contracting Ebola, that he is putting us all at risk?

I didn't say that he was at fault. I said the way they are trying to pacify the American public is irresponsible, and it is. It really is. Now we find out that WHO says the CDC was wrong all along and that this disease most certainly CAN be spread through coughing and sneezing particles, when they told us before that it could not!!! Also, it only takes a couple of people to come into this country without knowing that they are infected with Ebola, and it can spread quite easily. It is silly to diminish and minimize a deadly virus.

Because we don't make policy decisions based on the irrational and uninformed panic of people who don't actually know what they're talking about.
Ahhhhhh!!!

We don't make common-sense policy decisions that just about everyone else has already made. Guess because we're the big-bad United States we can cure Ebola here in the states before it kills a bunch of people. I was wondering what all of those FEMA camps were for.

The typo that stumped a moron apparently
Or you are just drunk
You got owned. You walked right into it. Take it like an adult and move along.
Not really...really full of yourself lately huh
Do you have any opinion on the topic or are you only here to troll as usual?
I think we should nuke africa

Or surround it with dang fence.

Why do you conservatives want the federal government meddling in disease monitoring and control?

Where is that enumerated in the Constitution?

I added the definition to my post. I'm not wrong.

It is a pandemic. It is not only isolated to a couple of areas but is spreading nationwide and spreading from continent to continent. That covers the definition of "wide spread." You DO realize that it is not over yet? There are going to be more people and countries infected with this virus before it is through.

It is the responsible thing to do to advise people (especially travelers) to take common sense precautions instead of trying to placate them. There are ways to do this without causing panic and fear.

Why do you conservatives want the federal government meddling in disease monitoring and control?

What in the hell is wrong with you? Are you truly so partisan? That is really a "virus" in itself, I think. It is our government's responsibility to protect us from "foreign invaders."

What in the hell is wrong with you? Are you truly so partisan? That is really a "virus" in itself, I think. It is our government's responsibility to protect us from "foreign invaders."

You apparently haven't read many of the rants by the so-called constitutional conservatives around here.

They think healthcare is none of the federal government's business.

Why are people acting like nothing is being done?

Travelers from West African countries will face stronger Ebola screening at U.S. airports - The Washington Post

Enhanced screening measures aimed at finding travelers infected with Ebola will be utilized at five of the busiest international airports in the United States, federal authorities said Wednesday...There are no direct flights on U.S. carriers from these countries to the United States, so people arrive through connections in other cities. More than 90 percent of people who fly to the United States from the three Ebola-ridden countries arrive at one of these five airports. During a recent 12-month period, nearly half of travelers from these countries flew through Kennedy Airport, the CDC says.

Forum List

Back