Why the Guns vs. Cars argument is flawed.

Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car. Every day....
Anyone can support a premise when he makes up the numbers that support it.
:cuckoo:

Make up numbers?

Excuse me, but he's absolutely correct. On average 220 million people(that number might even be old, so it's probably more now) drive cars every day.
You apparently did not read the entire OP.

Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car. Every day.

If 200,000,000 people per day ACTIVELY took up and used a gun, for its intended use, every single day, there would be just as many, if not more, deaths.

Today...in an hour or so....tens of millions of people will activate a car for its intended use, and use it. How many MILLIONS of people will activate a gun for it's intended use today? Far fewer. There will be a few dozen shootings today between gang members. Somewhere in America there will be a handful of police shootings. I wont count hunting, because thats a sport, just as we wouldnt count NASCAR with car statistics because thats a sport.

So, today, I'd say 150,000,000 people will activate and use a car for it's intended purpose.

And today, I'd say at most 200 people will activate and use a gun for it's intended purpose (and thats a high estimate).

Over the course of 365 days, with that cycle repeating daily, OF COURSE more people will die from cars than guns. Its a bad argument statistically, because the use of a car is so astronomically higher daily than the use of guns.

The correct stat would read: For every 10 times a gun or car is activated for it's intended use (outside of sports like hunting/racing), how many times is a person hurt? When a gun gets activated, it is to kill people (good or bad). When a car is activated, millions of times daily, people die...but not that often. With guns, someone usually dies or is severely hurt.

Its a flawed argument. If 150,000,000 people today pulled out a gun and used it for it's intended purpose, would more people die than will be killed on the roadways by cars? Yes.

Now that is really stupid. You're saying that since more people safely use a car than safely use a gun it therefore doesn't matter that people do more killing with cars than with guns!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:
Not only is the car problem much bigger than the gun problem, it is also much more correctable. A simple thing like lowering speed limits to 50 would save thousands of lives a year. Permanent loss of drivers license after a second DUI would also save thousands. I could go on and on. OTOH no one has a simple way to reduce gun deaths.

You have evidence of this?

Well, let's see! Five people shot in three incidents at gun shows and we want 200 million to actually use the gun each day! There wouldn't be any people left to kill.

So now accidental shootings are called gun use?

OK, Stretch.

You have it reversed.

Gun use to me would be getting my ammo and weapon, breaking the weapon down, driving to the range, assemble the weapon and going to the firing line. Load, shoot, unload the weapon, and driving it home.

Gun nut use would be going to a gun show and buying a handgun. Loading it in the parking lot on the way out. Unloading it and shooting yourself in the leg when putting it in your holster. Going to the hospital to get treated for your wound, so you can get to your gun shop and sell weapons to the public.

Anyone can support a premise when he makes up the numbers that support it.
:cuckoo:

Make up numbers?

Excuse me, but he's absolutely correct. On average 220 million people(that number might even be old, so it's probably more now) drive cars every day.
You apparently did not read the entire OP.

Why don't you fucking qualify your post then.

The only number that sounds off from his post is this one.

And today, I'd say at most 200 people will activate and use a gun for it's intended purpose (and thats a high estimate).

That number is undoubtedly higher. But the rest are either accurate or underestimating.

Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car. Every day.

If 200,000,000 people per day ACTIVELY took up and used a gun, for its intended use, every single day, there would be just as many, if not more, deaths.

Today...in an hour or so....tens of millions of people will activate a car for its intended use, and use it. How many MILLIONS of people will activate a gun for it's intended use today? Far fewer. There will be a few dozen shootings today between gang members. Somewhere in America there will be a handful of police shootings. I wont count hunting, because thats a sport, just as we wouldnt count NASCAR with car statistics because thats a sport.

So, today, I'd say 150,000,000 people will activate and use a car for it's intended purpose.

Over the course of 365 days, with that cycle repeating daily, OF COURSE more people will die from cars than guns. Its a bad argument statistically, because the use of a car is so astronomically higher daily than the use of guns.

The correct stat would read: For every 10 times a gun or car is activated for it's intended use (outside of sports like hunting/racing), how many times is a person hurt? When a gun gets activated, it is to kill people (good or bad). When a car is activated, millions of times daily, people die...but not that often. With guns, someone usually dies or is severely hurt.

Its a flawed argument. If 150,000,000 people today pulled out a gun and used it for it's intended purpose, would more people die than will be killed on the roadways by cars? Yes.
A fitting adjustment to your argument would be separation of the necessary use of automobiles from the frivolous and unnecessary use, compute the number of deaths and injuries resulting from the unnecessary use, then compare the figures with those of shooting deaths and injuries.

I've not attempted to derive any figures but I am absolutely certain more death and injury occurs as the result of drunk driving, distracted (cell-phone, etc.) driving, reckless and enraged driving, and incompetent driving, than from misuse of firearms.

The number of Americans killed or injured in automobiles every year identifies the automobile as an extremely dangerous device, yet almost no attention is paid to the prospect of limiting and restricting its use, such as the expansion of public transportation facilities and the imposition of necessity requirements.

Well, let's see! Five people shot in three incidents at gun shows and we want 200 million to actually use the gun each day! There wouldn't be any people left to kill.

So now accidental shootings are called gun use?

OK, Stretch.

You have it reversed.

Gun use to me would be getting my ammo and weapon, breaking the weapon down, driving to the range, assemble the weapon and going to the firing line. Load, shoot, unload the weapon, and driving it home.

Gun nut use would be going to a gun show and buying a handgun. Loading it in the parking lot on the way out. Unloading it and shooting yourself in the leg when putting it in your holster. Going to the hospital to get treated for your wound, so you can get to your gun shop and sell weapons to the public.

Gun Use is not buying ammo. Gun use is not buying a gun. Gun use is not transporting a gun in a locked gun case.

Gun use is pulling the trigger intentionally.

If we use your "logic" I could say that buying toothpaste is the same as brushing my teeth.

plus cars weren't designed to kill ... gun are ... that was their soul reason for existence is to kill people and anything around them and nothing more ... you can say they were design for target use, but I 'll tell you you are wrong before any target was made that gun was design to kill something first .... I have never seen in any cars manufactures design where they say ok this Car is design to kill as many people and animals ... or run thought a target ...

No... once again this stupid 'guns are designed to kill' argument

Guns are designed to fire projectiles at a certain rate, at a certain speed, over a certain distance

They are tools.. nothing more, nothing less

A gun can be easily used to kill.. but so can a steak knife

plus cars weren't designed to kill ... gun are ... that was their soul reason for existence is to kill people and anything around them and nothing more ... you can say they were design for target use, but I 'll tell you you are wrong before any target was made that gun was design to kill something first .... I have never seen in any cars manufactures design where they say ok this Car is design to kill as many people and animals ... or run thought a target ...

Guns are designed to fire projectiles at a certain rate, at a certain speed, over a certain distance

Tools to do what? Go ahead....it's ok. You can say it.

You gun nuts are funny in the way you twist to avoid stating the obvious.

Last edited:
Tools to do what?
Fire projectiles at a certain rate, at a certain speed, over a certain distance.

Tools to do what?
Fire projectiles at a certain rate, at a certain speed, over a certain distance.

For what purpose.....

Thanks for showing a perfect example of yet another person who insists on playing semantics games to avoid admitting how wrong you are. Good for you. I'm sure that approach has taken you far in life.

For what purpose.....
As determined by the person doing the shooting.
I, for one, have several purposes for my firearms, which is, in part, why I have so many.
LOL, keep on avoiding the question. It's amazing!
I answered your question directly -- your probliem is you cannot understand that yor preconceived answer to that question is wrong.
That's on you, and no one else.

Tell us what reasons you personally need a gun.
I will, as soon as you show that it is necessary to show a need when exercising a right.

As determined by the person doing the shooting.
I, for one, have several purposes for my firearms, which is, in part, why I have so many.
I answered your question directly -- your probliem is you cannot understand that yor preconceived answer to that question is wrong.

I will, as soon as you show that it is necessary to show a need when exercising a right.

Another post and just more twisting to avoid actually answering the question. Good for you! You are the epitome of what I described just a few posts ago. Thanks for being today's sheep to prove what I stated in under 10 minutes. Thanks sheep!

Another post and just more twisting to avoid actually answering the question.
I answered your questions durectly - your probliem is you cannot understand that yor preconceived answers to those question are wrong.
Nothing -I- can do about that.
:dunno:

I answered your questions durectly - your probliem is you cannot understand that yor preconceived answers to those question are wrong.

LOL, you sheep make it too easy. It's almost unfair at this point.

LOL, you sheep make it too easy. It's almost unfair at this point.
I'm sorry you refuse to recognize, much less accept, the fact that your preconceived answers are wrong -- but then, that's what makes you such a good useful idiot.
Your masters are proud.

When you grow some intellectual hionesty, let us know.

Forum List

Back