Why the Guns vs. Cars argument is flawed.

I answered your questions durectly - your probliem is you cannot understand that yor preconceived answers to those question are wrong.
Nothing -I- can do about that.
:dunno:
LOL, you sheep make it too easy. It's almost unfair at this point.
I'm sorry you refuse to recognize, much less accept, the fact that your preconceived answers are wrong -- but then, that's what makes you such a good useful idiot.
Your masters are proud.

When you grow some intellectual hionesty, let us know.

And when you know how to spell honesty....or directly, or problem. Let me know!

You nutters are all the same. You know "your rights" but not how to use spell check.

LOL, you sheep make it too easy. It's almost unfair at this point.
I'm sorry you refuse to recognize, much less accept, the fact that your preconceived answers are wrong -- but then, that's what makes you such a good useful idiot.
Your masters are proud.
You nutters are all the same. You know "your rights" but not how to use spell check.
I accept your admission of defeat, and shall waste no more time on you.

Your masters are proud.
I accept your admission of defeat, and shall waste no more time on you.

I'm glad you finally admitted that you don't have a real need for a gun. Thanks for finally coming clean on the truth.

Only in your tiny mind.

Only in your selfish mind is not centered around violence.

Only a self-centered selfish simpleton would think any different.

Example.

Some guy breaks into my house. I rack my 12 gauge and tell him to leave. He leaves.

No violence.

Actually, you are wrong.

In 50 out of 50 states, their police departments have "Use of Force" policies outlining use of force by officers to enforce the law.

While wording may be different, every city, county and state has about the same concept: Force is broken into several forms, from minor to major.

And every model I've ever seen in includes "Presence", meaning a cop in uniform who appears willing and able to apply force, and "Verbal" meaning a verbal order or threat, or a sound like a shotgun racking.

So, presence and sound are low levels of "Force", through the implied threat of violence.

A cop carrying a gun, and being present, is in fact "force" through implied potential of violence.

Only in your selfish mind is not centered around violence.

Only a self-centered selfish simpleton would think any different.

Example.

Some guy breaks into my house. I rack my 12 gauge and tell him to leave. He leaves.

No violence.

Actually, you are wrong.

In 50 out of 50 states, their police departments have "Use of Force" policies outlining use of force by officers to enforce the law.

While wording may be different, every city, county and state has about the same concept: Force is broken into several forms, from minor to major.

And every model I've ever seen in includes "Presence", meaning a cop in uniform who appears willing and able to apply force, and "Verbal" meaning a verbal order or threat, or a sound like a shotgun racking.

So, presence and sound are low levels of "Force", through the implied threat of violence.

A cop carrying a gun, and being present, is in fact "force" through implied potential of violence.

I didn't say there was no force I said there was no violence.

Racking a shotgun isn't violence. It is a threat of violence to be sure but it is not violence.

Example.

No violence.

Actually, you are wrong.

Racking a shotgun isn't violence. It is a threat of violence to be sure but it is not violence.
Yes - It serves a s a very clear warning to your target that if he does not cease and desist, your next step will be to escalate to deadly force.

So now accidental shootings are called gun use?

OK, Stretch.

You have it reversed.

Gun use to me would be getting my ammo and weapon, breaking the weapon down, driving to the range, assemble the weapon and going to the firing line. Load, shoot, unload the weapon, and driving it home.

Gun nut use would be going to a gun show and buying a handgun. Loading it in the parking lot on the way out. Unloading it and shooting yourself in the leg when putting it in your holster. Going to the hospital to get treated for your wound, so you can get to your gun shop and sell weapons to the public.

Gun Use is not buying ammo. Gun use is not buying a gun. Gun use is not transporting a gun in a locked gun case.

Gun use is pulling the trigger intentionally.

If we use your "logic" I could say that buying toothpaste is the same as brushing my teeth.

Gun use is using a gun, period. Hunting, target practice or any use connected to self defense is gun use. The gun nut gun dealer who shot himself in the leg was gun use and so was that guy trying to quick draw, who shot himself in his leg. I know a few safety tips can allow me to keep my legs just the way they are. In the military, we were taught to physically put your finger in the chamber when we cleared a weapon. Safely handling a gun is also part of gun use. While hunting with others, that weapon should be held in a position where it isn't pointing at others, unless you are hunting with Cheney. You might want to keep him covered so he doesn't shoot you, or at least let him know what it feels like, if he does.

You have it reversed.

Gun use to me would be getting my ammo and weapon, breaking the weapon down, driving to the range, assemble the weapon and going to the firing line. Load, shoot, unload the weapon, and driving it home.

Gun nut use would be going to a gun show and buying a handgun. Loading it in the parking lot on the way out. Unloading it and shooting yourself in the leg when putting it in your holster. Going to the hospital to get treated for your wound, so you can get to your gun shop and sell weapons to the public.

Gun Use is not buying ammo. Gun use is not buying a gun. Gun use is not transporting a gun in a locked gun case.

Gun use is pulling the trigger intentionally.

If we use your "logic" I could say that buying toothpaste is the same as brushing my teeth.

Gun use is using a gun, period. Hunting, target practice or any use connected to self defense is gun use. The gun nut gun dealer who shot himself in the leg was gun use and so was that guy trying to quick draw, who shot himself in his leg. I know a few safety tips can allow me to keep my legs just the way they are. In the military, we were taught to physically put your finger in the chamber when we cleared a weapon. Safely handling a gun is also part of gun use. While hunting with others, that weapon should be held in a position where it isn't pointing at others, unless you are hunting with Cheney. You might want to keep him covered so he doesn't shoot you, or at least let him know what it feels like, if he does.

Hunting require pulling the trigger
Target shooting requires pulling the trigger

Buying ammo is not using a gun. I can buy ammo and not even have a gun within a mile of me.

Transporting a gun is not using a gun. How can I use a gun that is in a locked case in the trunk of my car while I am driving?

Actually, you are wrong.

Yes - It serves a s a very clear warning to your target that if he does not cease and desist, your next step will be to escalate to deadly force.

Exactly it becomes violence when I shoot the gun not when I am merely holding it.

Of course cars kill more people yearly. Every single day, a couple hundred MILLION people in America activate and engage in the use of a car...

You actually buy into the framing of the argument by people with agendas on all sides.

Guns and cars do not kill people.

No one blames the car when it is involved in a death.

No one blames the gun when it is involved with a death.

Cars are for driving and guns are for...?

Actually, you are wrong.

A violent threat. Hmmmm....

Cars have an intended and useful purpose in society that doesn't center around violence. The same can not be said for guns.

I'm sure that if you die at the hands of a mentally ill person with a gun, you'll die happy in the knowledge that you cried, wet yourself and begged him not to shoot you. Idiot.

Cars have an intended and useful purpose in society that doesn't center around violence. The same can not be said for guns.

I'm sure that if you die at the hands of a mentally ill person with a gun, you'll die happy in the knowledge that you cried, wet yourself and begged him not to shoot you. Idiot.

And I'm sure that you will be armed and ready to defend yourself and your loved ones 24/7, no matter where they go and that no harm will ever come to you or anyone you care about because you own a gun. Idiot.

And I'm sure that you will be armed and ready to defend yourself and your loved ones 24/7, no matter where they go and that no harm will ever come to you or anyone you care about because you own a gun. Idiot.

So you believe that anyone can be attacked, injured and or killed at any time any place and yet you think people don't have the right to use a gun to defend themselves?

Tell me what are people supposed to do?

So you believe that anyone can be attacked, injured and or killed at any time any place and yet you think people don't have the right to use a gun to defend themselves?

Ideally....get serious about gun control so that every idiot doesn't have the ability to get one. Removing the guns from the situation entirely works to actually fix the problem, while adding more guns to the mix in the name of "safety" is just a means of addressing the symptoms and not the root problem.

But that's ideally and as long as selfish assholes such as yourself have a say we will continue with the same half-assed regulations we have now that really do nothing.

Ideally....get serious about gun control so that every idiot doesn't have the ability to get one. Removing the guns from the situation entirely works to actually fix the problem, while adding more guns to the mix in the name of "safety" is just a means of addressing the symptoms and not the root problem.

But that's ideally and as long as selfish assholes such as yourself have a say we will continue with the same half-assed regulations we have now that really do nothing.

OK I 'm selfish because I want to protect myself.
So when you get accosted and beaten within an inch of your life after you watch your wife get raped and killed then you can live with the satisfaction that you weren't selfish.

I'd rather shoot the motherfucker attacking my wife. If that makes me selfish then fuck yeah I'm selfish

Forum List

Back