Why Trump Was Charged On Secret Documents And Clinton, Pence Were Not

Wait, you think every person at the NSA has the exact same clearance and therefore they dont have a need for SCIFs? Thats the dumbest thing ive heard anyone say this week. :laugh:

If you are an employee at NSA you have a TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI and poly. Everyone's accesses are different depending on what office you work in and your need to know but yes has the same clearance. Seriously you're so far out of your depth right now it's kinda embarrassing.

That’s not the issue. The issue is, he was not legally authorized to remove them from their secure place. The issue is that he had these documents for 30 years and nobody cared.

Probably because no one, including Biden himself, realized he still had them.

Trump leaves office for 2 weeks and Nara is banging down his door.

There is a double standard. If both people broke the law, then why is only one being prosecuted.

Because executive staff workers saw him and his boys stuff these documents into boxes as they were packing up, ignoring statements that they weren't to go with him.

Also, let’s talk about “he returned them when asked”. I assure you, it wasn’t because he was being proactive when he returned them. He had 30 years to do that. More than likely, he never had any intention of returning them, and probably never would have, if not for all of this blowing up around trump.

All I’m asking is for you lefty’s told hold yourself to the same standard as you do for the right.

I am applying the same standard.

Biden complied with the rules upon discovery of these documents.
So did Pence.
So did Hillary.

Trump deliberately defied the Archives attempts to retrieve and preserve these records.

This thread is the ULTIMATE example of...
GASLIGHT THEATRE
"It's not the same thing."
🤪

Snowden was an IT guy at NSA who worked for BAH. He didnt actually have any access to the data he stole. He used other peoples creds to get it which was why he wasnt caught for so long. You just run off at the mouth with no knowledge at all about what you're talking about dont you.
Yes, he stole data and it wasnt physical documents, it was put on a thumbdrive. How the fuck does repeating what i just said equal a win for YOU? Are you even following this debate? :laugh:

If you are an employee at NSA you have a TS/SCI clearance with an SSBI and poly. Everyone's accesses are different depending on what office you work in and your need to know but yes has the same clearance. Seriously you're so far out of your depth right now it's kinda embarrassing.
Dude, they compartmentalize EVERYTHING!!!! No two people have the same access to information at the NSA. Youre fucking stupid dude. You should have backed out of this debate days ago. What the fuck is wrong with you? :cuckoo:

Clinton destroyed her documents. Why are you saying she returned them? She was under subpoena to return them, but she destroyed them instead and took away any chance to investigate what she had and how damaging it was. We will never know the extent of her crime because of it.

Biden straight up stole THOUSANDS of documents from SCIF's for decades. I would love to know how he did it a single time, let alone thousands.
It is absolutely amazing how liberals can ignore facts and substitute falsehoods.

snip.

“We continue to uncover classified information mishandled by Hillary Clinton in emails that she tried to hide or destroy. This is further evidence of the urgency for the DOJ to finally undertake a complete and legitimate criminal investigation,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “Attorney General Barr should immediately order a new investigation of the Hillary Clinton email scandal.”

snip

Then, of course, there is Biden’s possession of classified documents from his decades in the Senate, which turned up in Biden’s Wilmington home during last Friday’s search by the FBI. It’s not enough to say that the president had no business holding on to those documents for at least 14 years (Biden left the Senate to become vice president in 2009). The point is that he shouldn’t have been holding on to them for 14 seconds.

Senators and House members are legislators, not national security officials. Even if they sit on committees that deal with sensitive intelligence, that’s only a small part of their work. Their limited function is to oversee how the executive branch conducts security operations, not to execute such operations as if they were the president or the director of a government spy agency.

Consequently, the government does not set up SCIFs (secure compartmented information facilities) — secure locations for retaining and protecting classified documents — in the homes of lawmakers, as it does in the homes of top executive security officials who are on duty 24/7. If you are a senator who has a security clearance permitting you to review classified intelligence, you have to go to a SCIF on Capitol Hill.

When you get there, moreover, you are not allowed to bring your cellphone or other online electronic devices inside the SCIF. You must review the intelligence inside the SCIF. It is verboten to take notes (unless they are going to be left in the SCIF). Most importantly, you are prohibited from removing documents from the SCIF. Period.

As a senator, Biden should not have had any classified documents outside a SCIF. He should not have had any notes. Yet reports about the search indicate that agents seized both classified documents from Biden’s Senate tenure and notes. Since he was not supposed to have these in the first place, which “sloppy aide” could possibly be responsible for “inadvertently misplacing” them?

the reason trump was charged as simple. He lied about having them and attempted to keep them. If he had turned them over when the national archive first requested that he do so, there would have been no charges filed.

S-u-b-p-o-e-n-a
Biden didn't get one.
Pence, neither.
Clinton, noper.
Trump did.
Defied it.

The distinction that makes a difference.
----Captain Obvious
No reasonable prosecutor would bring such a cash ...... Remember what Mr. Comey said?

Dude, they compartmentalize EVERYTHING!!!! No two people have the same access to information at the NSA. Youre fucking stupid dude. You should have backed out of this debate days ago. What the fuck is wrong with you? :cuckoo:

What? No 2 people at NSA have the same accesses? Ok. whatever. BTW accesses arent clearances or are you changing your story yet again.

Yes, he stole data and it wasnt physical documents, it was put on a thumbdrive. How the fuck does repeating what i just said equal a win for YOU? Are you even following this debate? :laugh:
He took classified information out of a SCIF. Would if have been different if he had printed it out?

What? No 2 people at NSA have the same accesses? Ok. whatever. BTW accesses arent clearances or are you changing your story yet again.
Im not changing shit. I dont need to change shit because ive been on the right side of this debate since day 1.

He took classified information out of a SCIF. Would if have been different if he had printed it out?
You still cant figure out the difference between a physical document that is shown to a Senator, that was checked out by an agent and later checked back in by the agent, and some guy who works at the NSA who downloaded a bunch of files onto a hard drive, no signing needed, and no physical copies that had to be transported by other agents. :cuckoo:

"B-b-b-b-b-b-but Clinton!" "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Biden!" We've all heard these refrains from the Tu Quoque Brigade in every defense of Donald Trump's crimes.

So here's the difference with respect to the deliberate obstruction by Trump to keep classified documents.

Why Trump was charged on secret documents and Clinton, Pence were not

But the historic investigation into the former president was precipitated months earlier, in January 2022, when the former president gave 15 boxes of papers to the National Archives and Records Administration. The agency had been seeking all presidential records from Trump since he left office.

Inside the boxes, archivists found 197 classified documents, some extremely sensitive, the government alleged in court filings. That discovery set in motion the chain of events that led to the unsealing Friday of a 38-count indictment against Trump and Walt Nauta, a trusted servant.

Notably, however, the indictment does not charge Trump with the illegal retention of any of the 197 documents he returned to the archives.

If Trump had returned ALL the classified documents he took, as Biden, Pence, and Clinton had done, there would be no indictment.

It's as simple as that, folks.

Trump chose to hide several boxes of documents, some of which were classified, and that's why his ass is on fire now.

As for Clinton and her emails, what Trump said in private is VASTLY different than the bullshit he feeds to the rube herd:

But when discussing his own possible mishandling case last year, Trump seized on another facet of the Clinton probe: that attorneys for Clinton had reviewed more than 60,000 emails and turned over about 30,000 to government officials because they were deemed related to her official duties. Clinton’s lawyers deleted the rest, about 30,000 emails, after deeming them personal and unrelated to her work. It has long been standard practice in the federal government for officials to review their own correspondence in response to Freedom of Information Act requests and decide which of their emails are personal and therefore not turned over. In Clinton’s case, her lawyers did that for her.

As a candidate and president, Trump denounced the decision to delete the emails. In July 2016, he notoriously declared at a news conference: “Russia: if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

When the grand jury subpoena for any classified documents arrived at his door, however, Trump expressed a very different view to his lawyer, according to the indictment, praising Clinton’s lawyer for deleting the 30,000 emails.

The Clinton lawyer, Trump allegedly said on May 23, 2022, “was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments. And he was great. And he, so she didn’t get in any trouble because he said that he was the one who deleted them.”

“Trump related the story more than once that day,” the indictment notes dryly.

I thought the 30,000 plus emails that Hillary deleted were Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons.

I delete way more than 30,000 emails in a year.

"B-b-b-b-b-b-but Clinton!" "B-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Biden!" We've all heard these refrains from the Tu Quoque Brigade in every defense of Donald Trump's crimes.

So here's the difference with respect to the deliberate obstruction by Trump to keep classified documents.

But the historic investigation into the former president was precipitated months earlier, in January 2022, when the former president gave 15 boxes of papers to the National Archives and Records Administration. The agency had been seeking all presidential records from Trump since he left office.

Inside the boxes, archivists found 197 classified documents, some extremely sensitive, the government alleged in court filings. That discovery set in motion the chain of events that led to the unsealing Friday of a 38-count indictment against Trump and Walt Nauta, a trusted servant.

Notably, however, the indictment does not charge Trump with the illegal retention of any of the 197 documents he returned to the archives.

If Trump had returned ALL the classified documents he took, as Biden, Pence, and Clinton had done, there would be no indictment.

Trump chose to hide several boxes of documents, some of which were classified, and that's why his ass is on fire now.

As for Clinton and her emails, what Trump said in private is VASTLY different than the bullshit he feeds to the rube herd:

But when discussing his own possible mishandling case last year, Trump seized on another facet of the Clinton probe: that attorneys for Clinton had reviewed more than 60,000 emails and turned over about 30,000 to government officials because they were deemed related to her official duties. Clinton’s lawyers deleted the rest, about 30,000 emails, after deeming them personal and unrelated to her work. It has long been standard practice in the federal government for officials to review their own correspondence in response to Freedom of Information Act requests and decide which of their emails are personal and therefore not turned over. In Clinton’s case, her lawyers did that for her.

As a candidate and president, Trump denounced the decision to delete the emails. In July 2016, he notoriously declared at a news conference: “Russia: if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

When the grand jury subpoena for any classified documents arrived at his door, however, Trump expressed a very different view to his lawyer, according to the indictment, praising Clinton’s lawyer for deleting the 30,000 emails.

The Clinton lawyer, Trump allegedly said on May 23, 2022, “was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments. And he was great. And he, so she didn’t get in any trouble because he said that he was the one who deleted them.”

The lie here has always been that Biden didn't know he was taking classified materials and as soon as he knew he had it he returned it all. That was never the case. Biden had classified material from back when he was a Senator. Material that he literally stole. How do you charge one person for a crime that you don't charge another for? Only under Merrick Garland...the most corrupt DOJ ever!

You still cant figure out the difference between a physical document that is shown to a Senator, that was checked out by an agent and later checked back in by the agent, and some guy who works at the NSA who downloaded a bunch of files onto a hard drive, no signing needed, and no physical copies that had to be transported by other agents. :cuckoo:
Uh Huh. Ok. :itsok:

Somebody needs to explain this to me.

When I leave a job, I have no reason to possess records from that company. I don’t care if it is ok what Trump did or not. Somebody needs to explain to me why Trump needed them even if it was totally allowed. It makes no damn sense.

Whether Clinton did it, Pence did it, or Mickey Mouse did it is always 100% irrelevant. When I get pulled over for speeding I couldn’t imagine saying, “Well my neighbor drives fast. Why can’t I?”. I think that would make me dumber than fuck to believe that was a valid justification. Why didn’t Trump leave his job and go live a luxurious life? He didn’t need the documents. Nobody would judge if he didn’t take documents he was allowed to have. I am totally clueless on this concept. It makes no damn sense.

Somebody should tell me why he had them so that I can even try to decide if he was wrong or not.

It's because NRA knew the documents were missing, and who likely had wrongful possession of them.

That's why they wrote letters, and even got a subpoena for the documents, Only to have Trump continue to refuse to return them.

Why didn't they know about the ones Pence and Biden had?

the reason trump was charged as simple. He lied about having them and attempted to keep them. If he had turned them over when the national archive first requested that he do so, there would have been no charges filed.
They haven't been told what Trump did, and they sure as hell don't have the curiosity to find out.

The voices they trust tell them there is no difference, and that's good enough for them. As usual.

Forum List

Back