šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Why We Are Not Making Progress Against Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrote this a couple years ago...didn't get much traction...

The past is prologue.

It's a classic "sins of the father" scenario.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

So the real question is...here we are, now what?

I Apologize for Slavery of Blacks

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
LOST EARNINGS to WHOM? $10TRILLION? Did you grab that out of the air or your dumb ass? YOU sound like a total assclown that wants *REPARATIONS*. You want reparations? Then take them from the DNC that has been fomenting this shit before and AFTER the Civil WAR. THEY were the ones keeping cblacks down for their control...but then BLACKS have been abandoned by Democrats for the NEW CLASS of slave and vote getters...Illegal Immigrants. Sorry. Jim Crow, and ALL the rest of this bullsqueeze is the craft of LEFTISTS, Democrats. Divide, and cvonquer, right> Get out of MY SIGHT.

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

ā€œAt this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesnā€™t matter anymore. Weā€™ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,ā€ stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obamaā€™s first election, many Americansā€”on the left, right, and centerā€”agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americansā€”especially rich, white Americansā€”greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measureā€”wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealthā€”the value of assets minus debtsā€”is the most important measure of a familyā€™s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a ā€œconversation on raceā€ is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americansā€™ information bubbles. "

This is America to hear most of you tell it, we should be way beyond this.
We are making progress against racism. It's racist creeps like you who are left in the dust.
Our leading forum racist will not be happy until all whites are slaves to black slave owners.
Not certain about the 'leading' part, but certainly one of the frontrunners.

In 2018, it's time we become better informed. Some of the things I read in here makes no sense. Zero nada, zilch.

ā€œAt this point, the whole race thing is over . . . it doesnā€™t matter anymore. Weā€™ve transcended it. Now we have a black president, so clearly we are not racist,ā€ stated one young woman after the first election of Barack Obama as president of the United States. In the euphoria of Obamaā€™s first election, many Americansā€”on the left, right, and centerā€”agreed that America had become post-racial. Today, many on the left recognize that America is still struggling with racism. But what liberals may not fully appreciate is the degree to which the rest of America is still deep within a post-racial haze.

New research from social psychologists at Yale and Northwestern Universities reveals that Americansā€”especially rich, white Americansā€”greatly overestimate how much racial progress we have made toward economic equality. Averaging across 5 economic measures, the researchers find that Americans estimate that we have made about 25 percent more progress toward black-white economic equality than we actually have made.

Worse still, Americans are most inaccurate on the most important economic measureā€”wealth. Scholars have come to recognize that wealthā€”the value of assets minus debtsā€”is the most important measure of a familyā€™s overall economic well-being. The social psychologists find that Americans overestimate our progress toward black-white wealth equality by about 80 percent. Today, for every dollar of wealth that whites have, blacks have only a few cents. "

" For those who believe that black people are already equal with white people, any policy that seeks to address anti-black discrimination looks like an attempt to give blacks an advantage over whites.
Many Americans, particularly Republicans, believe that today there is more discrimination against white people than against black people.

Because so many Americans are not grounded in the reality of American racism, the call for a ā€œconversation on raceā€ is a bad idea. We need Americans to go on fact-finding missions on racism, not try to engage in conversation when there is no agreement on the basic facts.

We have to be aware that because we are a segregated society, many white people learn about black people from the media. Some white people see prominent, highly successful black people in movies and on television and assume that those individuals are indicative of the economic standing of African Americans. Also, there is right-wing media that consciously tries to mislead white Americans about racism and to foster a sense of white victimization. We have to find ways to penetrate Americansā€™ information bubbles. "

We are making progress against racism. It's racist creeps like you who are left in the dust.
Our leading forum racist will not be happy until all whites are slaves to black slave owners.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after youā€™ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism youā€™ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

You've been asked several times to do this but you haven't. Because you can't.

The past is prologue.

Slavery to Jim Crow to Separate but Equal...segregation thwarted assimilation, and now instead of regional American cultures that blend together at the edges, African-Americans have...thru segregationist policies...developed their own distinct culture with sharp and distinct boundaries within the older regional culture.

And it is literally the inequities of our father upon black slaves and later free black men (and women) that are being visited upon us...the generations that followed.

How can we unring that bell? Appalachia has maintained it's own distinct culture since the dawn of the nation, despite the more "sophisticated" [ :lol: ] Northeast's attempts to quash it. As has Massachusetts and NYC and Virginia and the South and the Ozarks etc. Once a culture is established, it's self perpetuating.

Slavery was not the only sin or was the only issue. Apologizing doesn't do it when you owe 10 trillion dollars in lost earnings and make excuses a to why you won't pay.
LOST EARNINGS to WHOM? $10TRILLION? Did you grab that out of the air or your dumb ass? YOU sound like a total assclown that wants *REPARATIONS*. You want reparations? Then take them from the DNC that has been fomenting this shit before and AFTER the Civil WAR. THEY were the ones keeping cblacks down for their control...but then BLACKS have been abandoned by Democrats for the NEW CLASS of slave and vote getters...Illegal Immigrants. Sorry. Jim Crow, and ALL the rest of this bullsqueeze is the craft of LEFTISTS, Democrats. Divide, and cvonquer, right> Get out of MY SIGHT.

Nope. You do understand hat slaves worked for no pay don't you? When you consider we are talking about 245 years at current dollars that might even be a little light. I'm not taking anything to the DNC when the American government made slavery legal. But I see I'm talking to a fool.

The past is prologue.

Nope. You do understand hat slaves worked for no pay don't you? When you consider we are talking about 245 years at current dollars that might even be a little light. I'm not taking anything to the DNC when the American government made slavery legal. But I see I'm talking to a fool.
YOU havenā€™t been enslaved or forced to work without pay.
YOU are simply attempting to dine out ad infinitum on the tragedy of long dead people. People your black ancestors enslaved in order to sell them on. It is disgraceful that you try to profit financially from this.

Prove when racism ended and its effects were allayed. Show, with data and peer-reviewed studies supporting your argument, when the effects of the hundreds of years of anti-Black racism from chattel slavery through Old Jim Crow leveled off. Show when the wealth expropriated during that oppression was repaid to those it was expropriated from and through. And remember, after youā€™ve addressed the end of anti-Black racism youā€™ll still have to explain when anti-Latinx, anti-Asian, anti-Arab, and anti-Native racism came to an end as well.

You are a racist. I donā€™t like racists.

You're a fool. The examples i used were just tools to explain that there is more to success than looking inward. My point is that you imagine the black community is rife with problems and poverty.. Then you double down by offering lame advice on fixing those imaginary problems .Get it through your dumb head...most blacks are not impoverished and most are hard working Christians. If a collective problem exists all, it is centered in being a despised minority in a hostile nation.
Economic parity is the ultimate goa.lAnd whites like you are doing everything they can to maintain the status quo.

I don't have to fix imaginary problems ... If it isn't a problem, then I am not worried about it.

Your point is irrelevant ... >>>Because I don't mention or imagine anything about a black community rife with problems.<<<<<
If you have a problem with blacks, whites, Christians, government, racists, money, education, or opportunity ... Shut the fuck up and look around.

It's the 21st Century ... Has been for a while ... It's about time you get on the right page.

Er..did YOU say this?... :
>>>Because I don't mention or imagine anything about a black community rife with problems.<<<<<

And now your contradiction comes back to haunt you.

View attachment 186680

If you have amnesia I just cured it.

That's your inability to understand what it takes to keep from screwing yourself.

When I mentioned "y'all" you automatically thought I was talking about the black community.
I am young enough that when I mentioned "y'all" screwing up ... I meant every one of you ... Black, white, doesn't matter.

I meant "y'all" crusty old dipshits that couldn't figure out a better way to live with each other and are stuck in the last century ... :thup:

There's no need to assume I have any problem with "y'all" throwing turds at each other.
All I said is that it isn't going to get you anywhere worth going ... And is less than productive.

Last edited:
You're a fool. The examples i used were just tools to explain that there is more to success than looking inward. My point is that you imagine the black community is rife with problems and poverty.. Then you double down by offering lame advice on fixing those imaginary problems .Get it through your dumb head...most blacks are not impoverished and most are hard working Christians. If a collective problem exists all, it is centered in being a despised minority in a hostile nation.
Economic parity is the ultimate goa.lAnd whites like you are doing everything they can to maintain the status quo.

I don't have to fix imaginary problems ... If it isn't a problem, then I am not worried about it.

Your point is irrelevant ... >>>Because I don't mention or imagine anything about a black community rife with problems.<<<<<
If you have a problem with blacks, whites, Christians, government, racists, money, education, or opportunity ... Shut the fuck up and look around.

It's the 21st Century ... Has been for a while ... It's about time you get on the right page.

>>>Because I don't mention or imagine anything about a black community rife with problems.<<<<<

View attachment 186680

Damn, talk about owning someone...no pun intended.

There are many people that ā€œtalkā€ a good game about not being racist or say they are colorblind, but they sure seem to pop up in threads about racism and attempt to denigrate those that highlight racism in society, but sure are fucking quiet when members in other threads say racist things like ā€œwhy do black have offspring, if they canā€™t afford itā€

I mean, do they really think that shit isnā€™t obvious?
I've expressed this sentiment from my first days on this site. These people, using the term loosely, are obvious AF!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You and the other two idiots are free to identify what race based attributes you think I should be using as qualifiers ... :dunno:

I have clearly stated using race as a qualifier doesn't provide anything in particular that I find beneficial.
That was plainly stated in the quote ... And throughout the dialog.
If you want to argue with that ... Feel free.

Women were treated like 2nd class citizens with few rights, I certainly don't expect any reparations for what women could have achieved.

View attachment 186680

That's your inability to understand what it takes to keep from screwing yourself.

When I mentioned "y'all" you automatically thought I was talking about the black community.
I am young enough that when I mentioned "y'all" screwing up ... I meant every one of you ... Black, white, doesn't matter.

I meant "y'all" crusty old dipshits that couldn't figure out a better way to live with each other and are stuck in the last century ... :thup:

There's no need to assume I have any problem with "y'all" throwing turds at each other.
All I said is that it isn't going to get you anywhere worth going ... And is less than productive.

Oh well, I guess you were just looking inward again. ts hard to understand you when you are LOOKING INWARD: Here's WHY!

head-up-ass-97709926416.jpeg

YOUR EARS ARE COVERED!

View attachment 186680

Oh well, I guess you were just looking inward again. ts hard to understand you when you are LOOKING INWARD: Here's WHY!

View attachment 187112

YOUR EARS ARE COVERED!

Your mistake is somehow my oversight ... Well I cannot say that surprises me coming from you ... :dunno:

The past is prologue.

YOU are simply attempting to dine out ad infinitum on the tragedy of long dead people. People your black ancestors enslaved in order to sell them on. It is disgraceful that you try to profit financially from this.
Aww you devils are clever. You're good at dodging collective culpability or blame for the past or present wrongs committed by your ilk.

Black people tried equality and didn't like it. They want victimhood instead.
I rated your comment "funny" because "stupid" wasn't an available option.
You did! You don't know that I don't pay attention to rating then. Sometimes I might give one, but I never pay any attention to anything given to me.

Not only have black people embraced the full bosom of victimhood, but it's gotten boring to the rest of us. Go off in a corner someplace and suck your victim thumb.

No the US government system made slavery and apartheid legal, so the government owes us money for the human rights violations created because they did so. That's the beginning of the chain.
no it's not.

you know damn well that it was black africans that captured other africans and sold them as slaves.

lying about it doesn't do any good and only makes you the reason we can't move on.
Why are you so hung up on that fact? People like money. Money makes the world go 'round. Who originally captured who makes no difference. We fucking bought them in the end and made them property in perpetuity. So sit down and shut up about it.
uhm, no.

im2 just blames whites, she lies about what blacks did.

Im hung up on facts b/c they are facts, if you don't like to read facts put me on iggy

I'm fully aware of what happened in Africa. But the problem here is whites did buy them. They did not have to. And when you actually research what did go on you find whites equipped certain tribes with the equipment needed to win battles against their enemies in return for payment for those they captured. Africans did not capture opposing tribes, get on ships and go to Europe selling them. Europeans invaded Africa and did exactly what I said. Those are the facts. But it's easier for a bitch like half thumb to say Africans sold each other instead pf discussing the actual logistics.

So let's say we play along with half thumbs raggedy bitch made analysis and hold only Africans accountable for slavery in his country. Slavery ended in 1863. So then we have to deal with the apartheid that happened for 100 years after that. Africans did not do that. But a pussy like half thumbs does not want tp discuss that. But they are the facts.

.I am a man, but to show how childish punks like half thumbs are,, they think calling me she is supposed to be doing something. All it does is show why we cannot advance on matters of race due to the fact white men like half a thumb don't have the balls to face the truth.
Preach!

you fools think only white people bought slaves?

that's hilarious.

no it's not.

you know damn well that it was black africans that captured other africans and sold them as slaves.

lying about it doesn't do any good and only makes you the reason we can't move on.
Why are you so hung up on that fact? People like money. Money makes the world go 'round. Who originally captured who makes no difference. We fucking bought them in the end and made them property in perpetuity. So sit down and shut up about it.
uhm, no.

Im hung up on facts b/c they are facts, if you don't like to read facts put me on iggy

I'm fully aware of what happened in Africa. But the problem here is whites did buy them. They did not have to. And when you actually research what did go on you find whites equipped certain tribes with the equipment needed to win battles against their enemies in return for payment for those they captured. Africans did not capture opposing tribes, get on ships and go to Europe selling them. Europeans invaded Africa and did exactly what I said. Those are the facts. But it's easier for a bitch like half thumb to say Africans sold each other instead pf discussing the actual logistics.

So let's say we play along with half thumbs raggedy bitch made analysis and hold only Africans accountable for slavery in his country. Slavery ended in 1863. So then we have to deal with the apartheid that happened for 100 years after that. Africans did not do that. But a pussy like half thumbs does not want tp discuss that. But they are the facts.

.I am a man, but to show how childish punks like half thumbs are,, they think calling me she is supposed to be doing something. All it does is show why we cannot advance on matters of race due to the fact white men like half a thumb don't have the balls to face the truth.
Preach!

that's hilarious.

What's hilarious is that you think we are only talking about slavery. You don't seem to understand that we know what went down, you want be disingenuous in order to deny.

The past is prologue.

Shut the hell up you dumb ass ho.

Women were treated like 2nd class citizens with few rights, I certainly don't expect any reparations for what women could have achieved.

You are paying native americans reparations today. You guys just don't have any argument against reparations that makes sense. White women get married and if the marriage doesn't work they generally get alimony. Those are reparations.

Reparations definition, a : the act of making amends, offering expiation, or giving satisfaction for a wrong or injury
Dictionary by Merriam-Webster: America's most-trusted online dictionary

You are a racist. I donā€™t like racists.

;LOL! You can't post one racist comment from me.

Black people tried equality and didn't like it. They want victimhood instead.
I rated your comment "funny" because "stupid" wasn't an available option.
You did! You don't know that I don't pay attention to rating then. Sometimes I might give one, but I never pay any attention to anything given to me.

Not only have black people embraced the full bosom of victimhood, but it's gotten boring to the rest of us. Go off in a corner someplace and suck your victim thumb.

Now this truly is funny. Nobody accepts "victimhood." Most normal people understand someone demanding action against wrongdoing. This "victim" crap is the brain-child of some far-right white nationalist moron completely lacking any sense of decency and ethics. Babbling like your post certainly demonstrates to this American of Irish and Russian/Polish descent that someone is trying to attack people of African descent in this country. Take off the white robe and hood, put the tiki torch down, and get some brains and knowledge of history from somewhere.

uhm, no.

Preach!

that's hilarious.

What's hilarious is that you think we are only talking about slavery. You don't seem to understand that we know what went down, you want be disingenuous in order to deny.
you never cry about just slavery.

you can't stay on topic. Once crushed in you own bs you move onto other bs, only to be crushed again.

talking to you is like talking to a bot. no thought, just regurgitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back