Why We Fail

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Mainly its due to some rather backward thinking so lets cover a few.

OUR SCHOOL SYSTEM

It IS failing and the sooner we face it the better off we will be. We are allowing kids to run the schools and by doing so they have invited in drugs and thugs. We see test scores go down because its no longer about education its about giving little Johnny his own little world to run.

And that IS the failing making a whole different world for people we are supposed to be training to run this one. They are NOT supposed to be in charge the parents and educators are. And we have failed to educate and instead allow them to live in a warped world with no guidance.

PRISON SYSTEM

Here is another MASS failing. It was designed to punish NOT be a social program and many prisons now have their little groups who run this or that. Like I said it was designed to punish and not to allow a second sub culture.

Two things should be made available in prison, time and education. Why is there need for a drug program inside. It's SUPPOSED to be drug free right?
That's called cold turkey. So why the WiFi and the cable? To keep the residents happy? Happy is NOT the feeling one should want in prison okay?

You want to increase the level of education in a prison? Just make the ONLY other option time, boring time and watch education levels go up. Just what are they learning watching "Dancing With The Stars?"

1-Batman-Begins-quotes.gif

No offense but you only gave some examples of how we're failing. I assumed the thread was supposed to be about why. Why is it some people understand the concept of prison and punishment and others don't? Why is it some of us realize the importance of authority and discipline in school and others don't? All through our societal culture things are divided between the left and right and sometimes it seems the left establishes it's position on the sole basis of rejecting the right. It doesn't matter if their view today contradicts a view from yesterday, they justify it because it's opposite of whatever the right is for. Why is that?

Prayer and the Pledge need to be put back in to schools. I'm sorry if that offends or ruffles secular feathers but this isn't about religion. It's about respecting and maintaining a level of decency and providing a solid moral foundation.

• Banned
No offense but you only gave some examples of how we're failing. I assumed the thread was supposed to be about why. Why is it some people understand the concept of prison and punishment and others don't? Why is it some of us realize the importance of authority and discipline in school and others don't? All through our societal culture things are divided between the left and right and sometimes it seems the left establishes it's position on the sole basis of rejecting the right. It doesn't matter if their view today contradicts a view from yesterday, they justify it because it's opposite of whatever the right is for. Why is that?

Prayer and the Pledge need to be put back in to schools. I'm sorry if that offends or ruffles secular feathers but this isn't about religion. It's about respecting and maintaining a level of decency and providing a solid moral foundation.
I think the WHY part falls in with allowing such practice as cons running a jail or kids running a school. They are in those places because they can't or won't function within normal limits.

I think the WHY part falls in with allowing such practice as cons running a jail or kids running a school. They are in those places because they can't or won't function within normal limits.
NEVER.gif

Ironically, most "white enclaves" are populated by rich liberals who want to maintain a pretense of tolerance and inclusion. In reality, they would fight to the death before allowing their children to attend inner city public schools.

Ironically, most "white enclaves" are populated by rich liberals who want to maintain a pretense of tolerance and inclusion. In reality, they would fight to the death before allowing their children to attend inner city public schools.
Another liberal case of good enough for you but not me.

Democrats run the schools and keep the prisons fully stocked from their inner cities, there you have it"

In my city (in Australia) the innercity is nicer and the outer regions are rough.

Some cities are rough everywhere.
America had that at one times as well. But the party's switched areas of power and the fall began.

I reject your premiss that the schools are failing .

The problem is that everyone has an interest in schools "failing " . No one wins if they are "doing great !"

It's the parents who are failing. Our piss poor schools are only a symptom of that larger disease.

It's the parents who are failing. Our piss poor schools are only a symptom of that larger disease.

To an extent. They are also a symptom of the over intrusive government creating problems just to provide poor solutions.

The parents elect the government.

But they don't have a choice. They have to vote Democrats so they aren't paupered.

I just don't get why they vote for the dumbest candidate in the primary.

Forum List

Back