Why we love Trump....

Why you love Trump: Fear, fear, fear....

"During and after World War II, psychologists conceived of the authoritarian personality as a pattern of attitudes and values revolving around adherence to society’s traditional norms, submission to authorities who personify or reinforce those norms, and antipathy—to the point of hatred and aggression—toward those who either challenge in-group norms or lie outside their orbit. Among white Americans, high scores on measures of authoritarianism today tend to be associated with prejudice against a wide range of “out-groups,” including homosexuals, African Americans, immigrants, and Muslims. Authoritarianism is also associated with suspiciousness of the humanities and the arts, and with cognitive rigidity, militaristic sentiments, and Christian fundamentalism.

When individuals with authoritarian proclivities fear that their way of life is being threatened, they may turn to strong leaders who promise to keep them safe—leaders like Donald Trump. In a national poll conducted recently by the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams, high levels of authoritarianism emerged as the single strongest predictor of expressing political support for Donald Trump. Trump’s promise to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants out and his railing against Muslims and other outsiders have presumably fed that dynamic.

As the social psychologist Jesse Graham has noted, Trump appeals to an ancient fear of contagion, which analogizes out-groups to parasites, poisons, and other impurities. In this regard, it is perhaps no psychological accident that Trump displays a phobia of germs, and seems repulsed by bodily fluids, especially women’s. He famously remarked that Megyn Kelly of Fox News had “blood coming out of her wherever,” and he repeatedly characterized Hillary Clinton’s bathroom break during a Democratic debate as “disgusting.” Disgust is a primal response to impurity. On a daily basis, Trump seems to experience more disgust, or at least to say he does, than most people do.

The authoritarian mandate is to ensure the security, purity, and goodness of the in-group—to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out. In the 1820s, white settlers in Georgia and other frontier areas lived in constant fear of American Indian tribes. They resented the federal government for not keeping them safe from what they perceived to be a mortal threat and a corrupting contagion. Responding to these fears, President Jackson pushed hard for the passage of the Indian Removal Act, which eventually led to the forced relocation of 45,000 American Indians. At least 4,000 Cherokees died on the Trail of Tears, which ran from Georgia to the Oklahoma territory.

An American strand of authoritarianism may help explain why the thrice-married, foul-mouthed Donald Trump should prove to be so attractive to white Christian evangelicals. As Jerry Falwell Jr. told The New York Times in February, “All the social issues—traditional family values, abortion—are moot if isis blows up some of our cities or if the borders are not fortified.” Rank-and-file evangelicals “are trying to save the country,” Falwell said. Being “saved” has a special resonance among evangelicals—saved from sin and damnation, of course, but also saved from the threats and impurities of a corrupt and dangerous world.

When my research associates and I once asked politically conservative Christians scoring high on authoritarianism to imagine what their life (and their world) might have been like had they never found religious faith, many described utter chaos—families torn apart, rampant infidelity and hate, cities on fire, the inner rings of hell. By contrast, equally devout politically liberal Christians who scored low on authoritarianism described a barren world depleted of all resources, joyless and bleak, like the arid surface of the moon. For authoritarian Christians, a strong faith—like a strong leader—saves them from chaos and tamps down fears and conflicts. Donald Trump is a savior, even if he preens and swears, and waffles on the issue of abortion.

In December, on the campaign trail in Raleigh, North Carolina, Trump stoked fears in his audience by repeatedly saying that “something bad is happening” and “something really dangerous is going on.” He was asked by a 12-year-old girl from Virginia, “I’m scared—what are you going to do to protect this country?”

Trump responded: “You know what, darling? You’re not going to be scared anymore. They’re going to be scared.” "

The Narcissist

Trump ran on trade and immigration.

Both are valid issues, and if you want to discuss them, address them, don't try to just dismiss them as fear, because you want to.

To a degree...yes

Trump ran on the lie that he could bring back coal jobs and jobs from China
He also ran on the lie that he would build a wall

Fool me once.....
He just tore down a wall, a blue one, a year ago. In another year another, a Mexican one, is going to be built.

Yeah and the Mexicans won't be paying for it.
Who cares, as long as it keeps murderers and rapists out. God knows we've got enough of our own.

Why you love Trump:

In December, on the campaign trail in Raleigh, North Carolina, Trump stoked fears in his audience by repeatedly saying that “something bad is happening” and “something really dangerous is going on.” He was asked by a 12-year-old girl from Virginia, “I’m scared—what are you going to do to protect this country?”

Trump responded: “You know what, darling? You’re not going to be scared anymore. They’re going to be scared.” "

The Narcissist
Exactly! Reminds me of Gen. Patton's quip, "The point of war is not to die for your country, but to make sure the other bastard dies for his."

That's why we love Trump.

Trump had bone spurs
He couldn't do either

"During and after World War II, psychologists conceived of the authoritarian personality as a pattern of attitudes and values revolving around adherence to society’s traditional norms, submission to authorities who personify or reinforce those norms, and antipathy—to the point of hatred and aggression—toward those who either challenge in-group norms or lie outside their orbit. Among white Americans, high scores on measures of authoritarianism today tend to be associated with prejudice against a wide range of “out-groups,” including homosexuals, African Americans, immigrants, and Muslims. Authoritarianism is also associated with suspiciousness of the humanities and the arts, and with cognitive rigidity, militaristic sentiments, and Christian fundamentalism.

When individuals with authoritarian proclivities fear that their way of life is being threatened, they may turn to strong leaders who promise to keep them safe—leaders like Donald Trump. In a national poll conducted recently by the political scientist Matthew MacWilliams, high levels of authoritarianism emerged as the single strongest predictor of expressing political support for Donald Trump. Trump’s promise to build a wall on the Mexican border to keep illegal immigrants out and his railing against Muslims and other outsiders have presumably fed that dynamic.

As the social psychologist Jesse Graham has noted, Trump appeals to an ancient fear of contagion, which analogizes out-groups to parasites, poisons, and other impurities. In this regard, it is perhaps no psychological accident that Trump displays a phobia of germs, and seems repulsed by bodily fluids, especially women’s. He famously remarked that Megyn Kelly of Fox News had “blood coming out of her wherever,” and he repeatedly characterized Hillary Clinton’s bathroom break during a Democratic debate as “disgusting.” Disgust is a primal response to impurity. On a daily basis, Trump seems to experience more disgust, or at least to say he does, than most people do.

The authoritarian mandate is to ensure the security, purity, and goodness of the in-group—to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out. In the 1820s, white settlers in Georgia and other frontier areas lived in constant fear of American Indian tribes. They resented the federal government for not keeping them safe from what they perceived to be a mortal threat and a corrupting contagion. Responding to these fears, President Jackson pushed hard for the passage of the Indian Removal Act, which eventually led to the forced relocation of 45,000 American Indians. At least 4,000 Cherokees died on the Trail of Tears, which ran from Georgia to the Oklahoma territory.

An American strand of authoritarianism may help explain why the thrice-married, foul-mouthed Donald Trump should prove to be so attractive to white Christian evangelicals. As Jerry Falwell Jr. told The New York Times in February, “All the social issues—traditional family values, abortion—are moot if isis blows up some of our cities or if the borders are not fortified.” Rank-and-file evangelicals “are trying to save the country,” Falwell said. Being “saved” has a special resonance among evangelicals—saved from sin and damnation, of course, but also saved from the threats and impurities of a corrupt and dangerous world.

When my research associates and I once asked politically conservative Christians scoring high on authoritarianism to imagine what their life (and their world) might have been like had they never found religious faith, many described utter chaos—families torn apart, rampant infidelity and hate, cities on fire, the inner rings of hell. By contrast, equally devout politically liberal Christians who scored low on authoritarianism described a barren world depleted of all resources, joyless and bleak, like the arid surface of the moon. For authoritarian Christians, a strong faith—like a strong leader—saves them from chaos and tamps down fears and conflicts. Donald Trump is a savior, even if he preens and swears, and waffles on the issue of abortion.

The Narcissist

Both are valid issues, and if you want to discuss them, address them, don't try to just dismiss them as fear, because you want to.

To a degree...yes

Fool me once.....
He just tore down a wall, a blue one, a year ago. In another year another, a Mexican one, is going to be built.

What happened to building a wall on "Day 1"????

He doesn't even have funding in this years budget and we know Mexico aint paying for it

Where is that rule written? What people voted for Trump is of vital interest to America.

Here is where it is written.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun
  1. behavior that conforms to accepted standards of morality or respectability.

It is immoral to smear good people like you just did.

If you want to know or discuss people who voted for Trump, do so, without being a vile piece of shit about it.

Broadly speaking, a racist combines negative prejudicial biases with sufficient power to leverage action against targeted groups. Trump’s words and behaviors demonstrate considerable prejudicial bias, and, as president of the United States — arguably the most powerful office in the contemporary world — he has indeed leveraged action against various groups.

THe example you posted to support your vile accusations, I already addressed. Why did you not reply to THAT post?

Instead you choose to make another, vague and unsupported and vile accusation.

AND you defined down racism in such a way as to excuse those whom you know are racist, but who you don't want to call on their racism.

Trump had a negative opinion on a judge. He said nothing that you lefties had not been saying over and over again for a year.

And yet, here we are, and you are still using it as "evidence" that he is racist.

Until you are called on it, then you drop it, and just go back to making vague, unsupported and vile accusations.

That makes you the bad guy. Do you understand that?
Its not unsupported, art of the deal ghost writer says Trump is afraid of blacks.
And there is more.

Wow. So you're down to "some guy said so"?

Eddie posted a, for what passes for you libs, a serious example of Trump's "racism" and I crushed it.

I note that you didn't even try to save it.

You people smear good people with vile accusations, because you are the bad guys.

Hows this smear you pompous ass correll?;
Where is that rule written? What people voted for Trump is of vital interest to America.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

If you want to know or discuss people who voted for Trump, do so, without being a vile piece of shit about it.

Broadly speaking, a racist combines negative prejudicial biases with sufficient power to leverage action against targeted groups. Trump’s words and behaviors demonstrate considerable prejudicial bias, and, as president of the United States — arguably the most powerful office in the contemporary world — he has indeed leveraged action against various groups.

THe example you posted to support your vile accusations, I already addressed. Why did you not reply to THAT post?

AND you defined down racism in such a way as to excuse those whom you know are racist, but who you don't want to call on their racism.

Trump had a negative opinion on a judge. He said nothing that you lefties had not been saying over and over again for a year.

And yet, here we are, and you are still using it as "evidence" that he is racist.

Until you are called on it, then you drop it, and just go back to making vague, unsupported and vile accusations.

Its not unsupported, art of the deal ghost writer says Trump is afraid of blacks.
And there is more.

Eddie posted a, for what passes for you libs, a serious example of Trump's "racism" and I crushed it.

You people smear good people with vile accusations, because you are the bad guys.

How many years have you wasted Mr good people correll?

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

Where did I say Trump was a racist? So do you think Trump is a good president? I mean smart, persuasive, educated and so on? If so, that is your opinion and I have mine. Did you vote for Trump?

Eddie said racist. You said worse.

Trump a good president?

Well his challenging of Political Correctness is a very valuable contribution to society. His immigration policy despite being hampered by the courts is showing encouraging signs.

But overall, way to early to say.

"Smart?" Obviously. Remember how they laughed at him for even trying to flip Michigan?

Retired general launches remarkable attack on Donald Trump: 'I have wasted 40 years of my life'
how many years have you wasted mr good guy correll?

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

And there is more.

One guy Correll?

Search Results
Donald Trump is a textbook racist - LA Times
www.latimes.com/.../op.../la-oe-pearson-trumps-textbook-racism-20171004-story.htm...
Oct 4, 2017 - Civil rights advocates, social scientists and regular citizens have all called out PresidentTrump as a racist in recent weeks. The president's ...

and the orange anus's big fat beautiful tax cut for billionaires is in doubt....Still a few smart folks in congress I hope

and the orange anus's big fat beautiful tax cut for billionaires is in doubt....Still a few smart folks in congress I hope

Yeah, well, your "tax cuts for billionaires" argument was shot down on the previous page. We don't tax billionaires because we don't tax based on wealth in this country. So you're going to have to find dumber people to sell that line to. Sorry!

The Narcissist

To a degree...yes

Fool me once.....

Yeah and the Mexicans won't be paying for it.

Oh, they will be paying, one way or another.

If they are smart, it will be with a check.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

And there is more.

You lefties falsely paint Trump as a racist for saying the same thing you lefties said for a year, and then you paint his supporters as being racist for supporting him as though your lie was true.

Your pretense that you don't know how this works, is noted and dismissed.

You might be stupid, but you are not that fucking stupid.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

And there is more.

[/QUOTE]

None. My point stands, since you failed to refute it, and have given up on even addressing it.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

Where did I say Trump was a racist? So do you think Trump is a good president? I mean smart, persuasive, educated and so on? If so, that is your opinion and I have mine. Did you vote for Trump?

Trump a good president?

Well his challenging of Political Correctness is a very valuable contribution to society. His immigration policy despite being hampered by the courts is showing encouraging signs.

"Smart?" Obviously. Remember how they laughed at him for even trying to flip Michigan?

Retired general launches remarkable attack on Donald Trump: 'I have wasted 40 years of my life'
how many years have you wasted mr good guy correll?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that. HIs unsupported opinion has already been noted and dismissed.

If he made a valid point in there somewhere you are welcome to post it.

Otherwise fuck him.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

And there is more.

One guy Correll?

Search Results
Donald Trump is a textbook racist - LA Times
www.latimes.com/.../op.../la-oe-pearson-trumps-textbook-racism-20171004-story.htm...
Oct 4, 2017 - Civil rights advocates, social scientists and regular citizens have all called out PresidentTrump as a racist in recent weeks. The president's ...

The act of using a strawman is an admission that you could not refute the previous post, truthfully.

Earlier you posted, what you thought was an actual example of racism by TRump and I crushed it like a little bug and made you look like a fool.

That you failed to even try to defend your earlier claim shows that you know that.

That you have given up on posting what you think are real examples of racism by Trump and have resorted to the Logical Fallacy of Argumentum Ad Populum,

shows that you know that he is not really a racist.

THat makes you a vile liar and a bad person.

Yeah, well, your "tax cuts for billionaires" argument was shot down on the previous page. We don't tax billionaires because we don't tax based on wealth in this country. So you're going to have to find dumber people to sell that line to. Sorry!
And you want us to believe billionaires make no money ?? No millions a year ,,no interest on those billions ?

And there is more.

You lefties falsely paint Trump as a racist for saying the same thing you lefties said for a year, and then you paint his supporters as being racist for supporting him as though your lie was true.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

And there is more.

None. My point stands, since you failed to refute it, and have given up on even addressing it.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

Trump a good president?

how many years have you wasted mr good guy correll?[/QUOTE]

Otherwise fuck him.[/QUOTE]
Look Correll remember Clinton lying under oath?? Not wanting to admit what he did to the world?? Well IMO you and most other republicans are as racist as trump is BUT of course you can't admit it That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it And you dismiss the general but support the vile trump ?? WTF is wrong with you?

And there is more.

And there is more.

de·cen·cy
ˈdēsənsē/
noun

Trump a good president?

Otherwise fuck him.[/QUOTE]
Look Correll remember Clinton lying under oath?? Not wanting to admit what he did to the world?? Well IMO you and most other republicans are as racist as trump is BUT of course you can't admit it That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it And you dismiss the general but support the vile trump ?? WTF is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

You are sticking to an opinion that you can't support and when you tried I crushed your best example with ease.

THat makes your accusations unsupported and unfair smears.

And that you are comfortable smearing good people without cause, makes you the one with something wrong with you.

And there is more.

And there is more.

Trump a good president?

Otherwise fuck him.
Look Correll remember Clinton lying under oath?? Not wanting to admit what he did to the world?? Well IMO you and most other republicans are as racist as trump is BUT of course you can't admit it That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it And you dismiss the general but support the vile trump ?? WTF is wrong with you?[/QUOTE]

You are sticking to an opinion that you can't support and when you tried I crushed your best example with ease.

And that you are comfortable smearing good people without cause, makes you the one with something wrong with you.[/QUOTE]

Trump is good people??
Ripping off 1000's the pat 30 years
Donald Trump Will See You in Court - Bloomberg
Donald Trump Will See You in Court
6 days ago - He claims he never gets sued. These 203 cases show who sues Trump, who Trump sues, and why.

And there is more.

Trump a good president?

Otherwise fuck him.
Look Correll remember Clinton lying under oath?? Not wanting to admit what he did to the world?? Well IMO you and most other republicans are as racist as trump is BUT of course you can't admit it That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it And you dismiss the general but support the vile trump ?? WTF is wrong with you?

And that you are comfortable smearing good people without cause, makes you the one with something wrong with you.[/QUOTE]

Trump is good people??
Ripping off 1000's the pat 30 years
Donald Trump Will See You in Court - Bloomberg
Donald Trump Will See You in Court
6 days ago - He claims he never gets sued. These 203 cases show who sues Trump, who Trump sues, and why.[/QUOTE]

Your words, bad person.

"IMO you and most other republicans are as racist as trump is "

And that you are comfortable smearing good people without cause, makes you the one with something wrong with you.

I snatched this from my home forum from DFB...

It's so good..........

It's about Trumps lack of decorum, dignity and statesmanship.

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #NeverTrumpers) constantly ask me if I’m not bothered by Donald Trump’s lack of decorum. They ask if I don’t think his tweets are “beneath the dignity of the office.”

Here’s my answer:

We Right-thinking people have tried dignity. There could not have been a man of more quiet dignity than George W. Bush as he suffered the outrageous lies and politically motivated hatreds that undermined his presidency.

We tried statesmanship. Could there be another human being on this earth who so desperately prized “collegiality” as Ronald Reagan?

We tried propriety – has there been a nicer human being ever than Mitt Romney?

And the results were always the same. This is because, while we were playing by the rules of dignity, collegiality and propriety, the Left has been, for the past 60 years, engaged in a knife fight where the only rules are those of Saul Alinsky and the Chicago mob.

XXXX - Mod Edit -- Shortened for "fair use" .. Read the USMB Posting Guidelines Deno

It is nothing but the incessant use of fake news (read: propaganda) that keeps the Left alive. Imagine, for example, if CNN had honestly and accurately reported then-candidate Barack Obama’s close ties to foreign terrorists (Rashid Khalidi), domestic terrorists (William Ayers), the mafia (Tony Rezko) or the true evils of his spiritual mentor, Jeremiah Wright’s church.

Imagine if they had honestly and accurately conveyed the evils of the Obama administration’s weaponizing of the IRS to be used against their political opponents or his running of guns to the Mexican cartels or the truth about the murder of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and the Obama administration’s cover-up.

So, to my friends on the Left — and the #NeverTrumpers as well — do I wish we lived in a time when our president could be “collegial” and “dignified” and “proper”? Of course I do. These aren’t those times. This is war. And it’s a war that the Left has been fighting without opposition for the past 50 years.

So, say anything you want about this president - I get it - he can be vulgar, he can be crude, he can be undignified at times. I don’t care.

Mod Edit to include the proper link to source. (pretty sure this is it).. Don't post potentially copyrighted material without a link to the primary source site.

Evan Sayet - He Fights
There you have it. For the Trumpbots, Reagan was a failure. It's honest. They're stupid. Well played. LOL

Forum List

Back