Why Would a God Care If I Believe In Him/Her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
of course you did, I even quoted it previously....
you posted...

but what the link reports he said was

the part you did not quote contradicts what you claim he said.....

His letter says nothing of the sort.

are you saying I made up the second sentence?....because I did not.....it obviously came from the same place as the first sentence which you quoted......

I'm saying it was not included in his letter, as you can plainly see. I've only posted it twice now.

The OP question is written from a human prespective and is flawed to begin with. God cares for everyone, evil in this world separates us from God. The question itself suggests God may not care or needs a reason or action from us to care. All of these are ways to separate you from God and get you to question your faith. You are God's creation, he loves you and wants you to come to him out of free will.

I have given a straight answer....you just don't like the answer I gave.....

You never answered this question.

"If one of your children comes to you one day and says, "mom, I just don't believe this outrageous story. I'm an atheist." Do you feel your child deserves to burn in hell for eternity"

It's a simple yes or no question.

I don't recall seeing you ask that question but yes.....if that is the choice they make that is the result they have chosen.....

That just blows my mind. That's pretty shitty. But then, you do worship a God that committed genocide on the very people he created, for being imperfect, just the way he created them to be.

It's no wonder people are so messed up.

Wowza!

That just blows my mind. That's pretty shitty. But then, you do worship a God that committed genocide on the very people he created, for being imperfect, just the way he created them to be.

Wowza!

God created them perfectly, they decided to disobey and there are consequences to actions. I suspect true love cannot exist without free will, forgiveness and faith.

Yawn, I'm sorry, I fell asleep after reading two sentences. That's what I do when I feel I'm being preached at instead of just a plain old conversation.

GOD doesn't care what you think you think, because he's making the choice on if you are going to believe in him. That is called election.

You have no free will, just the illusion of freewill. You are subservient to God who does what he pleases with you.

God holy will is supreme.

Then I have nothing to worry about, and shouldn't try to do a damn thing. If I go out and murder today, God is actually doing it for me.

You are acting like a petulant child who asks questions, not because you want to know the answers, but because you want to argue with others. You only have superficial knowledge of the subject.

You mistakenly assumed that God need man to believe in Him, that He is somehow diminished by man choosing to not believe in God. That is not true because God cannot be diminished. God will save all those who He elected to save. That means that man cannot choose to believe in God through man's own effort, except that God acts on man's will and bring him to belief.

“Unconditional Election” is the “U” of “TULIP”, the Five Points of Calvinism, the Reformed Doctrine of Salvation. God unconditionally elects those whom He is going to save. Or, in the language of today’s Scripture, God chooses those whom He will bring near to Himself to make holy.

“How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You
To dwell in Your courts.
We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house,
Your holy temple.” Psalm 65:4.

“For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.” Romans 8:29-30.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6.

Last edited:

"If one of your children comes to you one day and says, "mom, I just don't believe this outrageous story. I'm an atheist." Do you feel your child deserves to burn in hell for eternity"

I don't recall seeing you ask that question but yes.....if that is the choice they make that is the result they have chosen.....

Wowza!

you choose to go to hell and you consider ME messed up?......

Wowza!

I choose to believe that if there is a God, he's not totally evil. What kind of God would throw his so-called children into forever hell-fire for simply not believing?

First of all. I never mentioned god being evil or questioned if he was evil. You have inserted THAT into the conversation.

obviously its been a part of the conversation and I did not insert it.....

Then I think I found the root of our misunderstanding. You say "obviously its been a part of the conversation" (god being evil). But at no time did I say, mention, hint or elude to evil in any way. The conversation has been about "what if we are wrong about our choices and what effect those choices have on us when we die." The fact that you went straight to defending god as not evil, when questioned on the choices of believing or not believing, tells me alot. Because it is obvious TO YOU that I was somehow insinuating god as being evil. When an honest reading of our conversation will shown that I did no such thing. Thus, it was NOT part of the conversation.

As far as my initial question. I appreciate you clarifying your answer as "yes".

Wowza!

Nobody is choosing to go to hell. We don't believe there is a hell or heaven.

Think about how silly you are. You are telling us to believe you and your inbred preachers story that was passed down,altered, edited and redacted hundreds of times, not to mention it was written over 80 year later, is full of impossible stories, etc.

You tell us this wild unbelievable story and tell us if we don't believe it we will burn in hell for eternity? Fuck you douche bag. :cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_silenced::eusa_hand:

- God's mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere heart and contrite

can you explain to me how someone who denies the existence of God goes to him with a sincere and contrite heart to accept his mercy?.......

Sure, you don't have to believe in a God to be a good person, and if there is an all knowing God, he/she will know what is in your heart.

Wowza!

Think about how silly you are. You are telling us to believe you and your inbred preachers story that was passed down,altered, edited and redacted hundreds of times, not to mention it was written over 80 year later, is full of impossible stories, etc.

You tell us this wild unbelievable story and tell us if we don't believe it we will burn in hell for eternity? Fuck you douche bag. :cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_silenced::eusa_hand:

Why do you get angry when someone tells you the truth about Hell?

I have given a straight answer....you just don't like the answer I gave.....

The question has the wrong premise. You are assuming you understand Eternal punishment when you don't have a clue about it.

Talk to the Lord. He is your Father, whether you like it or not. He will give you wisdom and teach you things you've never considered if you let Him.

And neither do you.

- God's mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere heart and contrite

can you explain to me how someone who denies the existence of God goes to him with a sincere and contrite heart to accept his mercy?.......

Sure, you don't have to believe in a God to be a good person, and if there is an all knowing God, he/she will know what is in your heart.

Mark 10:18
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."

Luke 18:19
And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."

(Because Jesus, you are God.)

The OP question is written from a human prespective and is flawed to begin with. God cares for everyone, evil in this world separates us from God. The question itself suggests God may not care or needs a reason or action from us to care. All of these are ways to separate you from God and get you to question your faith. You are God's creation, he loves you and wants you to come to him out of free will.

Of course it's a human perspective, what other perspective would I be writing from? It's actually a very reasonable question. I just haven't gotten any reasonable answers.

GOD doesn't care what you think you think, because he's making the choice on if you are going to believe in him. That is called election.

You have no free will, just the illusion of freewill. You are subservient to God who does what he pleases with you.

God holy will is supreme.

Then I have nothing to worry about, and shouldn't try to do a damn thing. If I go out and murder today, God is actually doing it for me.

You are acting like a petulant child who asks questions, not because you want to know the answers, but because you want to argue with others. You only have superficial knowledge of the subject.

You mistakenly assumed that God need man to believe in Him, that He is somehow diminished by man choosing to not believe in God. That is not true because God cannot be diminished. God will save all those who He elected to save. That means that man cannot choose to believe in God through man's own effort, except that God acts on man's will and bring him to belief.

“Unconditional Election” is the “U” of “TULIP”, the Five Points of Calvinism, the Reformed Doctrine of Salvation. God unconditionally elects those whom He is going to save. Or, in the language of today’s Scripture, God chooses those whom He will bring near to Himself to make holy.

“How blessed is the one whom You choose and bring near to You
To dwell in Your courts.
We will be satisfied with the goodness of Your house,
Your holy temple.” Psalm 65:4.

“For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.” Romans 8:29-30.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.” Ephesians 1:3-6.

This is why people don't like fundies. They pretend to be superior, and act like they have a direct line to God.

You don't know any more than I do. You may think you do, but you have no evidence to support this. There are no facts to support religion. Religion is faith based.

Why do you get angry when someone tells you the truth about Hell?

I don't know maybe it's SATAN!:badgrin:

Wowza!

I choose to believe that if there is a God, he's not totally evil. What kind of God would throw his so-called children into forever hell-fire for simply not believing?

one willing to let them make their own choices about eternity......

First of all. I never mentioned god being evil or questioned if he was evil. You have inserted THAT into the conversation.

obviously its been a part of the conversation and I did not insert it.....

Then I think I found the root of our misunderstanding. You say "obviously its been a part of the conversation" (god being evil). But at no time did I say, mention, hint or elude to evil in any way. The conversation has been about "what if we are wrong about our choices and what effect those choices have on us when we die." The fact that you went straight to defending god as not evil, when questioned on the choices of believing or not believing, tells me alot. Because it is obvious TO YOU that I was somehow insinuating god as being evil. When an honest reading of our conversation will shown that I did no such thing. Thus, it was NOT part of the conversation.

As far as my initial question. I appreciate you clarifying your answer as "yes".

/sigh.....look, that was the discussion I was engaged in......you stepped into the argument by quoting me and asking a question......I had been defending God as not evil and pointing out the stupidity of saying he was before you ever showed up......if you didn't want to be involved in that debate don't enter it......meanwhile, fuck off.....

Wowza!

then quit whining about ending up in hell.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back