Will Mitt Romney vote with the Democrats now?

Republicans seem to have their panties in a wad over Romney voting against criminal activities
One other thing...trump is going to be recorded by history as the most exonerated president in history.

History will ignore partisan politics and decide whether demanding personal favors in return for military aid was a proper use of Presidential powers.
Trump was never exonerated. Mueller found not enough evidence to support charging him with working with Russia, although Trump did explore the possibility, and while there was evidence to charge Trump with obstruction, DOJ policy was that a sitting potus is not indicted, and it's up to congress.

Regarding the Ukraine and Biden, over 50 senators are on record that what Trump did was wrong.

Pierre has made himself an outcast. The Dems aren't going to suddenly respect him now that he tried to split the baby and vote Guilty on 1, and Not Guilty on 2. Nobody trusts a man who tries to make everyone happy by splitting the difference.

You might kind of have a point.

We are ONLY in this mess because in 2012, Mitt Romney was so afraid that Trump running a third party effort that he embraced the man's Birther conspiracy theories instead of doing the stand up thing and denouncing them as the racism they were.

In short, he elevated this toad and now we are all paying for it.

I do find it hilarious that the guy ALL of you insisted would make a great president in 2012 - ignoring the fact he belonged to a cult and made his money fucking over working folks - is now persona non-grata because he opposed Trump by half measures.

Rarely do I see somebody commit suicide by doofus but you are an exception. Romney has many admirable qualities that would never be accepted on the left. He's straight, he believes in monogamy and he believes in hard work. All of those come together to create a fragrant blossom of vampiric garlic repellent to liberals.

Romney was the one that raised an eyebrow at Russia long before the left did. Obama-wan-kenobe scoffed at such things so his adoring throngs followed suit and mocked Romney just before they turned around a few years later and embraced his ideas wholesale.

Unfortunately Romney's hunger for recognition is so overpowering that it outshines his business acumen and common sense. He looks more or less like a political Oliver Twist standing in front of the altar of national adoration with a request:

"Please sir I want some more"... And has signaled quite definitively that his values are up for sale in return some of that "more"...

That is why he has fallen into ridicule and that is why he is no longer offered respect in conservative circles. He has no moral anchor and his hunger for recognition is almost completely transparent to the casual observer.

Jo

Pierre has made himself an outcast. The Dems aren't going to suddenly respect him now that he tried to split the baby and vote Guilty on 1, and Not Guilty on 2. Nobody trusts a man who tries to make everyone happy by splitting the difference.

We are ONLY in this mess because in 2012, Mitt Romney was so afraid that Trump running a third party effort that he embraced the man's Birther conspiracy theories instead of doing the stand up thing and denouncing them as the racism they were.

I do find it hilarious that the guy ALL of you insisted would make a great president in 2012 - ignoring the fact he belonged to a cult and made his money fucking over working folks - is now persona non-grata because he opposed Trump by half measures.

Rarely do I see somebody commit suicide by doofus but you are an exception. Romney has many admirable qualities that would never be accepted on the left. He's straight, he believes in monogamy and he believes in hard work. All of those come together to create a fragrant blossom of vampiric garlic repellent to liberals.

Romney was the one that raised an eyebrow at Russia long before the left did. Obama-wan-kenobe scoffed at such things so his adoring throngs followed suit and mocked Romney just before they turned around a few years later and embraced his ideas wholesale.

Unfortunately Romney's hunger for recognition is so overpowering that it outshines his business acumen and common sense. He looks more or less like a political Oliver Twist standing in front of the altar of national adoration with a request:

"Please sir I want some more"... And has signaled quite definitively that his values are up for sale in return some of that "more"...

That is why he has fallen into ridicule and that is why he is no longer offered respect in conservative circles. He has no moral anka and his hunger for recognition is almost completely transparent to the casual observer.

Jo
Or he had the stones to vote to convict because what Trump did was wrong - and other republicans agree on that - and he didn't want Trump to claim "I was totally vindicated."

Republicans seem to have their panties in a wad over Romney voting against criminal activities
One other thing...trump is going to be recorded by history as the most exonerated president in history.

History will ignore partisan politics and decide whether demanding personal favors in return for military aid was a proper use of Presidential powers.
Trump was never exonerated. Mueller found not enough evidence to support charging him with working with Russia, although Trump did explore the possibility, and while there was evidence to charge Trump with obstruction, DOJ policy was that a sitting potus is not indicted, and it's up to congress.

Regarding the Ukraine and Biden, over 50 senators are on record that what Trump did was wrong.

You have never been exonerated either....idiot.

Btw.... Since Trump is impeached forever now that he has been acquitted he is also acquitted forever isn't that correct?

Jo

Last edited:

That is why he has fallen into ridicule and that is why he is no longer offered respect in conservative circles. He has no moral anka and his hunger for recognition is almost completely transparent to the casual observer.

Jo
Or he had the stones to vote to convict because what Trump did was wrong - and other republicans agree on that - and he didn't want Trump to claim "I was totally vindicated."

The only stone that Romney has is the one passed down by Joseph Smith from his collection of hardened peyote syrup.

Jo

Last edited:

Jo

The only stone that Romney has is the one passed down by Joseph Smith from his collection of hardened peyote syrup.

Jo
Well, like Romney, you're entitled to your opinion, even if yours is that of a bigot.

You have never been exonerated either....idiot.

Btw.... Since Trump is impeached forever now that he has been acquitted he is also acquitted forever isn't that correct?

Jo
Are u drunk?

Jo

So, what you are saying is that even though Romney voted against witnesses because there wasn't enough evidence to justify witnesses, his vote to convict without enough evidence is the Highly Moral thing to do.

It is obvious that Republicans no longer want anything to do with him
As he said, he has voted with Trump policies 80% of the time.... Moscow Mitch needs him for their already small majority to get the R agenda done and was singing in praise for Romney this morning... knowing Romney has 4 more years before up for election....

Taking all of that in to consideration, I think Romney has actually put Utah back in to having some strength in the Senate again, Mitt can hold out his vote without fear and negotiate better deals for Utah citizens, for McConnell to get his vote...

and McConnell needs his vote to keep peace with the president too, and wants to keep churning those extreme right wing judges out of a simple majority Senate.... keeping Trump happy, makes that easier....

Granted, Dems can try to work back room deals with him as well, and offer committee chairmanships of his choice kind of thing...?

But my bet, is he stays with R's and uses it to the hilt for Utah....

Jo

So, what you are saying is that even though Romney voted against witnesses because there wasn't enough evidence to justify witnesses, his vote to convict without enough evidence is the Highly Moral thing to do.
I'm saying that his vote to convict prevents Trump from being able to say "total vindication." It may be that Romney really believes that a president who uses his office's powers to attempt to further his own political career is unfit to serve, and that justifies a vote to convict.

I don't think the witnesses could really add any facts. We know Trump "did it." I'm sorry the House and Senate just didn't censure Trump, because the Senate ended up is a rather vague place. I mean we all know Clinton perjured himself over a bj. We just differ on whether that is anything to even impeach a potus over. I thought it was absurd because it had nothing to do with Clinton and his oath of office. But Trump is still denying the facts of what he did. Mitt has the stones to say "oh no … you violated your oath of office."

GAPAC_Recall-romney-banner.png

Jo

I'm saying that his vote to convict prevents Trump from being able to say "total vindication." It may be that Romney really believes that a president who uses his office's powers to attempt to further his own political career is unfit to serve, and that justifies a vote to convict.

I don't think the witnesses could really add any facts. We know Trump "did it." I'm sorry the House and Senate just didn't censure Trump, because the Senate ended up is a rather vague place. I mean we all know Clinton perjured himself over a bj. We just differ on whether that is anything to even impeach a potus over. I thought it was absurd because it had nothing to do with Clinton and his oath of office. But Trump is still denying the facts of what he did. Mitt has the stones to say "oh no … you violated your oath of office."

This is all pretty simple stuff....Romney wants Trump to stop looking at Romney's part in the Ukraine money laundering scheme.

Jo

Jo

Lol.... Mitt has many things but Stones is not one of them dude.

Jo

Jo

B'loney. The majority voted not guilty and Chief Justice Roberts certified that he was acquitted.

Jo

B'loney. The majority voted not guilty and Chief Justice Robert certified that he was acquitted.

In Lefty world words don't have the same meaning that they do in the real world.
You know the old saying.... Never be an aquitterer!

Jo

Jo

B'loney. The majority voted not guilty and Chief Justice Robert certified that he was acquitted.

In Lefty world words don't have the same meaning that they do in the real world.
You know the old saying.... Never be an aquitterer!

Jo

Be a Lert! The world needs more Lerts!

Forum List

Back