Will Republicans end social security?

Will Republicans end social security?

• Yes, at least try

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 71.8%

• Total voters
I think you'll survive a 20% cut to your benefits.

2. Why? They wouldn't do it to current seniors. They'd do it to people like me who are 10 years away from collecting.

3. One way to "save" the program is make me/you work 2 or 5 more years. You having to work 5 more years won't cause chaos to the nation.
This easiest way and the fairest is to uncap income levels for SS and Medicare taxation and cap payouts for millionaires.

This easiest way and the fairest is to uncap income levels for SS and Medicare taxation and cap payouts for millionaires.
Explain uncap income levels and explain cap payouts for millionaires. I think they already cap out beyond a certain amount. Please explain these two things.

This SS issue is just like abortion. For years I've debated with two kinds of Republicans. Honest ones like you who admit they will end social security and liars like most Republicans who either don't believe or won't admit Republicans want to destroy those programs.

Republicans didn't care about the people in the 2000's who they destroyed their lives as they sent their good paying jobs overseas. Reniged on pensions and went bankrupt. Hurt a lot of people who will never recover. We've forgotten about those people already. Just like America will forget about the people who got fucked by Reaganomics/Bushanomics/Trumponomics.

He’s making the point that on the Reagan era (which we still live in) the middle class had gotten hosed
But his point is proven wrong, the separation started before Reagan.

The fact that you chickens have no balls to confront anyone, you bitch and cry and then sit on your asses and do nothing. Bunch of hot air, idiots.

1699559746681.png

It's obvious. I won't address this again.
Thanks. So you can't simply explain it. Are you saying rich people should at some point reach a limit that they stop paying into SS? I think that already happens.

And after you explain what doing those two things mean, how will they fix the problem?

Maybe you just talk for the sake of talking? I'm trying to open up a dialog and have a conversation. Maybe you'd rather go back to bashing/loving Trump?

It wasn't discussed during the elections but does any one doubt SS is going to be put on the chopping block?

No way one usmb Republican will say they like and want to keep SS.

And if they want to at least tell us in 2019 so we can vote on it.
No.

Greg

If you listen to what Republicans say about the programs, you're wrong. You're counting on Democrats having control of one of the houses or White House in order to veto federal legislation that makes cuts to ss.

Aren't you listening to republicans here? Or National Republicans? The ponzi scheme is going broke. Forget the fact the borrowed from it. DEMOCRATS DID TOO they'll say. Yea, so put it back. Put it all back. Pertend Saddam is living in the SS fund lock box and he has WMD's. Now suddenly you can find some money. Roll back Reagan, Bush and Trump's tax breaks. We can't afford them rich people.

Poor uneducated Republicans need to realize class warfare exists. I googled it and someone on Quora put it perfectly.

It was launched in earnest by Ronald Reagan, and continues to this day, relentlessly destroying the once prosperous Working Class. The rich and the corporations, who own most of the wealth that exists in the country, are relentlessly attacking every decent working class person in their insatiable attempt to take everything for themselves and leave nothing for anyone else.

The rich are winning.

They are winning because we have put them in charge of the government. When the government is run by a cabal of rich individuals, it is an oligarchy. When the government is controlled by corporations, it is Fascism. We have both in the US, and they write the rules for their own benefit, which is why they are winning.

Haven't I said the beginning of the end happened when Reagan won? Don't I always post this from an op ed I love?

Reagan promptly cut income taxes on the very rich from 70% down to 27%. Corporate tax rates were also cut so severely that they went from representing over 33% of total federal tax receipts in 1951 to less than 9% in 1983 (they’re still in that neighborhood, the lowest in the industrialized world).

The result was devastating. Our government was suddenly so badly awash in red ink that Reagan doubled the tax paid only by people earning less than $40,000/year (FICA), and then began borrowing from the huge surplus this new tax was accumulating in the Social Security Trust Fund. Even with that, Reagan had to borrow more money in his 8 years than the sum total of all presidents from George Washington to Jimmy Carter combined.

Forum List

Back