WISCONSIN:'Constitutional crisis'...Senate Orders Arrest Of Missing Democrats

The Wisconsin 14 are heroes and have shown great resolve in their battle of wills against this tyrant.

Don't back down. Walker will cave or be replaced.

I made this point before in a post to you on this topic, maybe not in this thread, how does their lamming it make them heros?

You see heres the inverse 'logic'...the republicans back in march last year don't show up at the house to make a quorum for the health care vote, they all lam it to Canada....would they be heros too?

I am starting to feel sorry for Gov Walker

He started out with the entire Republican machine telling him to get tough, make an example of those unions, pull collective bargaining and all the other states will follow you.

Once things turned sour, they threw him under the bus......nobody returns his calls

Walker is painfully in over his head

He thought that being Governor meant that he can do what he wants. The political reality is that he got slapped down and is now trying to strong-arm a resolution

The public has clearly come out on the side of collective bargaining and Walker is trying anything to get out of this mess he created

sorta like obama and obama care eh? :lol:

No, love it or hate it, 'Obamacare' is intended to help most average people. Wanker is simply conducting a class warfare, just like the billionaires who bought his seat are telling him to.

Shame on you for the analogy.

shame on you sir for foisting that logical fallacy.

the subject matter is not germane, as in Obama care vis a vis collective bargaining etc.

He started out with the entire Republican machine telling him to get tough, make an example of those unions, pull collective bargaining and all the other states will follow you.

Once things turned sour, they threw him under the bus......nobody returns his calls

Prove the assertion or continue talking out of your ass sewerboy.

Elected officials in Wisconsin are eligible for recall one year after assuming office.

It aint rocket science.

so the anseer is to recall the gov. because, the Democrats left the state to avoid a vote? seriously?

okay, so what penalty do the democrats pay?

Walker has gone from Golden Boy to pariah in his own party

Even wonderkin Chris Christie is embracing collective bargaining. He saw what happened to Walker

what "investigation"
there doesnt need to be one

hmmmm, the article said that the tapes of the Assembly and their actions of how they brought the vote up and rammed it through, were going to be reviewed.

You know what confuses me? Why is it ramming it through when it is something you do not like, but a well thought out, transparent, and open process when it is something you like?

The debate went on for weeks, the Democrats offered amendments that were designed to dilute the bill, and they were all voted down by the Republican majority. I have not really delved into the details, so they might have pulled a few shenanigans along the way, I would be willing to examine any evidence you actually have that they blocked any attempts the Democrats made to offer ammendments, did not give them time to read the bill, or even said that the only way anyone would know what was in the bill was if it passes. Until then, I will just point out that elections have consequences.

well said.

and, lets remember that the dems in a lame duck session tried to ram through labor contracts in November 2010 before walker took office. They had been without a contract since june of 09...why the rush...well, we know why.

they didn't get what they wanted, so they took off, clearly the system is only viable and only 'works' when it works for them and they get what they want.

Even wonderkin Chris Christie is embracing collective bargaining. He saw what happened to Walker

:lol: talk about misleading statements....wow.

source?

and there ya go DC...

he is reading what he wants as to what Christie said and as usual, is excluding the key point, par for the course.

Walker is painfully in over his head

He thought that being Governor meant that he can do what he wants. The political reality is that he got slapped down and is now trying to strong-arm a resolution

The public has clearly come out on the side of collective bargaining and Walker is trying anything to get out of this mess he created

No, love it or hate it, 'Obamacare' is intended to help most average people. Wanker is simply conducting a class warfare, just like the billionaires who bought his seat are telling him to.

So, the question arises when you make a foolish assessment like this one: how, exactly, do those evil rich people benefit from PUBLIC sector unions being limited?

The Wisconsin 14 are heroes and have shown great resolve in their battle of wills against this tyrant.

Don't back down. Walker will cave or be replaced.
Your ilk is used to being coddled I see. Like a bunch of toddlers that won the war of wills against parents that could be bullied by constant screaming when they should have had the shit spanked out of them instead.

I wonder how hard it is to deal with the shocking realization that it doesn't work like that anymore.

Oh that's right... you run away.

I must say your definition of 'hero' is dismally pathetic, as well as what you consider tyrannical. Then again, I doubt you'd know real acts of heroism or a real tyrant if you saw them.

Last edited:

So, the question arises when you make a foolish assessment like this one: how, exactly, do those evil rich people benefit from PUBLIC sector unions being limited?

Hint, FAQ: go check the amount of corporate tax breaks in relation to proposed public sector cuts in Wisconsin.

OP Title:
WISCONSIN:'Constitutional crisis'...Senate Orders Arrest Of Missing Democrats

See if you can glean the key word.

Do you realize that the Sentate ordering the arrest of its members who refuse to come to work is permissible under the Wisconsin constitution, and that they are not being charged with a crime, don't you?

So, again, in words as small as I can make them, what crime is being made up?

(I had to resort to two syllable words, I hope that does not tax your brain too much.)

WOW, you folks on the right are really showing your authoritarian, totalitarian statist colors. In one fell swoop you have abdicated every single argument you've made in the past about overbearing government, the Constitution, legal rights and a nation of laws, not men. It would be totally unconstitutional under the separation of powers for members of the executive branch to arrest members of the legislature for legislative activities. But on a much more important level, the belief that any citizen of this country could be arrested and subjected to forcible detention without being charged with a crime, read their rights is what they do in a Banana Republic, the Soviet Union and Iron Curtain countries. The Democrats are outside the jurisdiction of the State of Wisconsin. Is Walker going to form and send out the posse?

State police leader says Senate resolution is ‘insanely wrong’

A resolution calling for the arrest and detention of 14 Democratic Senators if they do not show up at the Capitol today is “insanely wrong” and an “unreasonable abuse of police power,” according to James Palmer, executive director of the Wisconsin Professional Police Association (WPPA).
The WPPA is the labor union representing nearly 11,000 active and retired law enforcement officers in the state.
Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald (R-Juneau) and his Republican cohorts in the Senate approved a resolution this morning instructing police to compel the Democrats “with or without force” to go to the Capitol by 4 p.m. today
“Politics aside, encouraging the forcible detention of duly elected lawmakers because they won’t allow you to dictate with a free hand is an unreasonable abuse of police power,” Palmer said. “Due to the fact that Wisconsin officers lack any jurisdiction across state lines, does Senator Fitzgerald intend to establish a ‘lawmaker border patrol? The thought of using law enforcement officers to exercise force in order to achieve a political objective is insanely wrong and Wisconsin sorely needs reasonable solutions and not potentially dangerous political theatrics.”
Palmer told BizTimes today that a politically neutral and reasonable person looking at Wisconsin’s crisis would conclude that the Walker administration is restricting the access of Wisconsin’s people to their Capitol, and now Fitzgerald is trying to command police action against the Republicans’ political enemies.
“Exactly. That’s what they (the officers in the field) have relayed to me. They’re not comfortable with this,” Palmer said.
The 14 Senate Democrats have been absent, thereby stalling the ability of the Senate to reach a quorum needed to approve Gov. Scott Walker’s budget repair bill, which would revoke the collective bargaining rights of public employees in Wisconsin. The unions have promised to make the concessions Walker says are needed to balance the budget, but Walker and Fitzgerald are refusing to compromise.
Several polls are showing growing public support for the workers and opposition to Walker’s plan.

facism.jpg

Just so that you understand how government works, the Legislative branch cannot force the executive branch to do anything. That is called separation of powers in the real world, and indicates why Wisconsin is not a fascist state.

Who would have thought brfgn and qwb would be on the same side.

And your inference is clearly correct, qwb, the wack claims of purportedly illegal behavior by the senate dems in leaving the state is simply stupid talk.

Last edited:
Who would have thought brfgn and qwb would be on the same side.

And your inference is clearly correct, qwb, the wack claims of purportedly illegal behavior by the senate dems in leaving the state is simply stupid talk.
again, who, other than you, has said it was illegal?

Forum List

Back