With 94 million Americans Out of the Work Force, Why Do We Have 25 Million Foreign Guest Workers?

Some hyperbole, but the public educational system spends too much time indoctrinating and teaching to pass performance tests instead of teaching useful facts and how to think critically.

Explain this indoctrinating. Shouldn't they be able to pass performance tests?

There have been countless posts on this board showing the means of indoctrination.
What is it with liberals and information retention?

You guys use the word indoctrination as a synonym of education.

Here's the straight line logic of why there are so many illegals working. Let's see if you can follow this.

Corporations are HIRING foreign workers. FOR LESS. Now your next question may be "why would a corporation want to pay less?"

If that is your question, find a rope and a strong tree branch.

Trying to brainwash children into accepting gay marriage or politics of any kind is indoctrination.
It has no place in our public education system.

Who is doing that? Not in my school.

So you're still in school?

There have been countless posts on this board showing the means of indoctrination.

Here's the straight line logic of why there are so many illegals working. Let's see if you can follow this.

Corporations are HIRING foreign workers. FOR LESS. Now your next question may be "why would a corporation want to pay less?"

Trying to brainwash children into accepting gay marriage or politics of any kind is indoctrination.

Were you ever?

I didn't drop out alike you apparently did. I am a teacher, so yes, I am still in school, every school day and then some!

I didn't drop out alike you apparently did. I am a teacher, so yes, I am still in school, every school day and then some!
Ahhh. . . you're one of them. We know you. There were certain teachers. . . .

Who do you think brainwashed you with that Bloom's taxonomy bullshit if it wasn't the government bureaucracy?

Gatto And Goldberg Saved My Sanity
How I Wised Up - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Gatto points to three important milestones in the transformation of schools: Designing Education for the Future, the Behavioral Science Teacher Education Project, and Blooms’ Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. (History, Pre-Publication Edition, pgs 40—43) He explains how education was redefined after the Prussian fashion; “State education agencies would henceforth act as on-site federal enforcers, ensuring the compliance of local schools with central directives. Each state education department was assigned the task of becoming ‘an agent of change’ and advised to ‘lose its independent identity as well as its authority’ in order to ‘form a partnership with the federal government’.”

Gatto explained that The Behavioral Science Teacher Education Project "identified the future as one ‘in which a small elite’ will control all important matters, one where participatory democracy will largely disappear. Children are made to see, through school experiences, that their classmates are so cruel and irresponsible, so inadequate to the task of self-discipline, and so ignorant they need to be controlled and regulated for society’s good. Under such a logical regime, school terror can only be regarded as good advertising. It is sobering to think of mass schooling as a vast demonstration project of human inadequacy, but that is at least one of its functions."

Bloom’s Taxonomy, “Using methods of behavioral psychology, children would learn proper thoughts, feelings, actions, and have their improper attitudes brought from home ‘remediated’…Bloom’s epic spawned important descendent forms: Mastery Learning, Outcomes-Based Education, and School to Work government-business collaborations. Each classified individuals for the convenience of social managers and businesses, each offered data useful in controlling the mind and movements of the young, mapping the next adult generation.”

Labeling schooling as “An Enclosure Movement For Children,” Gatto says that “The secret of American schooling is that it doesn’t teach the way children learn, and it isn’t supposed to. School was engineered to serve a concealed command economy and an increasingly layered social order; it wasn’t made for the benefit of kids and families as those people would define their own needs… dynamics which make forced schooling poisonous to healthy human development…Work in classrooms isn’t significant work; it fails to satisfy real needs pressing on the individual; it doesn’t answer real questions experience raises in the young mind; it doesn’t contribute to solving any problem encountered in actual life. The net effect of making all schoolwork external to individual longings, experience, questions, and problems is to render the victim listless…Growth and mastery come only to those who vigorously self-direct. Initiating, creating, doing, reflecting, freely associating, enjoying privacy — these are precisely what the structures of schooling are set up to prevent, on one pretext or another.”

About literacy: “Reading, and the rigorous discussion of that reading in a way that obliges you to formulate a position and support it against objections, is an operational definition of education in its most fundamental civilized sense. No one can do this very well without learning ways of paying attention: from a knowledge of diction and syntax, figures of speech, etymology, and so on, to a sharp ability to separate the primary from the subordinate, understand allusion, master a range of modes of presentation, test truth, and penetrate beyond the obvious to the profound messages of text. Reading, analysis and discussion is the way we develop reliable judgment, the principle way we come to penetrate covert movements behind the façade of public appearances. Without the ability to read and argue, we’re just geese to be plucked.” (Pg. 56)

The simple fact of the matter is, my son, and most involved parents, have their kids get more novels read during the summer time than they have time to read during the school year now. When I was in school, by the time I hit high school, I had already been introduced to Dickens and Shakespeare. Most schools have banned Mark Twain. His school has introduced him to none of these. In fact, he hasn't read a single classic that I am aware. Public schools are a mess in this age.

I learned enough on my own to retire at 46.

Q: With 94 million Americans Out of the Work Force, Why Do We Have 25 Million Foreign Guest Workers?

A: So that your wages stay low...

Hmmmmm, seems like Americans are asking questions :D

Who do you think brainwashed you with that Bloom's taxonomy bullshit if it wasn't the government bureaucracy?

Gatto points to three important milestones in the transformation of schools: Designing Education for the Future, the Behavioral Science Teacher Education Project, and Blooms’ Taxonomy of Educational Objectives. (History, Pre-Publication Edition, pgs 40—43) He explains how education was redefined after the Prussian fashion; “State education agencies would henceforth act as on-site federal enforcers, ensuring the compliance of local schools with central directives. Each state education department was assigned the task of becoming ‘an agent of change’ and advised to ‘lose its independent identity as well as its authority’ in order to ‘form a partnership with the federal government’.”

Gatto explained that The Behavioral Science Teacher Education Project "identified the future as one ‘in which a small elite’ will control all important matters, one where participatory democracy will largely disappear. Children are made to see, through school experiences, that their classmates are so cruel and irresponsible, so inadequate to the task of self-discipline, and so ignorant they need to be controlled and regulated for society’s good. Under such a logical regime, school terror can only be regarded as good advertising. It is sobering to think of mass schooling as a vast demonstration project of human inadequacy, but that is at least one of its functions."

Bloom’s Taxonomy, “Using methods of behavioral psychology, children would learn proper thoughts, feelings, actions, and have their improper attitudes brought from home ‘remediated’…Bloom’s epic spawned important descendent forms: Mastery Learning, Outcomes-Based Education, and School to Work government-business collaborations. Each classified individuals for the convenience of social managers and businesses, each offered data useful in controlling the mind and movements of the young, mapping the next adult generation.”

Labeling schooling as “An Enclosure Movement For Children,” Gatto says that “The secret of American schooling is that it doesn’t teach the way children learn, and it isn’t supposed to. School was engineered to serve a concealed command economy and an increasingly layered social order; it wasn’t made for the benefit of kids and families as those people would define their own needs… dynamics which make forced schooling poisonous to healthy human development…Work in classrooms isn’t significant work; it fails to satisfy real needs pressing on the individual; it doesn’t answer real questions experience raises in the young mind; it doesn’t contribute to solving any problem encountered in actual life. The net effect of making all schoolwork external to individual longings, experience, questions, and problems is to render the victim listless…Growth and mastery come only to those who vigorously self-direct. Initiating, creating, doing, reflecting, freely associating, enjoying privacy — these are precisely what the structures of schooling are set up to prevent, on one pretext or another.”

About literacy: “Reading, and the rigorous discussion of that reading in a way that obliges you to formulate a position and support it against objections, is an operational definition of education in its most fundamental civilized sense. No one can do this very well without learning ways of paying attention: from a knowledge of diction and syntax, figures of speech, etymology, and so on, to a sharp ability to separate the primary from the subordinate, understand allusion, master a range of modes of presentation, test truth, and penetrate beyond the obvious to the profound messages of text. Reading, analysis and discussion is the way we develop reliable judgment, the principle way we come to penetrate covert movements behind the façade of public appearances. Without the ability to read and argue, we’re just geese to be plucked.” (Pg. 56)

The simple fact of the matter is, my son, and most involved parents, have their kids get more novels read during the summer time than they have time to read during the school year now. When I was in school, by the time I hit high school, I had already been introduced to Dickens and Shakespeare. Most schools have banned Mark Twain. His school has introduced him to none of these. In fact, he hasn't read a single classic that I am aware. Public schools are a mess in this age.

I try to engage you people in meaningful discussion but all you want to do is expose the fact that your knowledge of the educational process extends about a half inch past your nose.

Gatto created his own cottage industry and has made tons of money spouting his easily disproved line of reasoning and suckering education bashers into buying his books and hiring him for speeches.

I learned enough on my own to retire at 46.

I could have retired at 41, but thanks to Bill Clinton I had to change careers.

We have over 94 million Americans out of the work force.
Labor Force Participation Rate Dropped to 62.8% In April: 94,044,000 Out

The number of Americans not in the labor force last month totaled 94,044,000, 562,000 more than in March -- and the labor force participation rate dropped to 62.8 percent (near a 38-year low), following four straight months of slight improvement.

When President Obama took office in Janaury 2009, the labor force partipation rate was 65.7 percent, after hovering in the 66-67 percent range for much of the George W. Bush presidency.

The recession inherited by the Obama administration officially ended in June 2009, but the labor force participation rate continued to drop during Obama's two terms, hitting 62.4 percent in September 2015, its lowest point in 38 years.

While 25 million foreign born workers are here on guest worker visas, and this includes the illegal black market labor.
Foreign-Born Employment in U.S. Dips Slightly from Record, Still At 25,460,000 - Breitbart
The number of foreign-born people employed in the United States dipped slightly last month compared to the record high set in March, but remained above 25 million mark, according to data released Friday by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The BLS reports that 25,460,000 foreign-born people had a job in the U.S. during the month of April, a decrease of 281,000 compared to the month of March when a record 25,741,000 foreign-born people were employed in the U.S.

The BLS does not distinguish between legal and illegal immigrants, defining the foreign-born as:

Those residing in the United States who were not U.S. citizens at birth. That is, they were born outside the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam, to parents neither of whom was a U.S. citizen. The native born are persons who were born in the United States or one of its outlying areas such as Puerto Rico or Guam or who were born abroad of at least one parent who was a U.S. citizen.

And in this situation, we have declining job growth.
U.S. jobs growth slows down in April
Companies scaled back hiring in April, adding just 160,000 new jobs, in a sign the U.S. economy still hasn’t recovered from an early-year chill.

The April jobs report was well below Wall Street’s expectations. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 203,000 increase in nonfarm jobs.

The unemployment rate, meanwhile, was flat at 5%. More people dropped out of the labor force and the so-called participation rate fell for the first time in seven months. That could mean people find it a bit harder to get a job.

So WHY ARE WE BRINGING IN MORE GUEST WORKERS WHEN AMERICANS CANT GET TRAINED AND HIRED FOR THESE JOBS INSTEAD?

BECAUSE CORPORATIONS AVE BOUGHT OUR GOVERNMENT, IN MANY CASES USING MONEY WE GAVE TO BIG BANKS IN$5 TRILLION IN BANK HANDOUTS.

We gave $5 trillion to the banks, huge bailouts to various corporations and debt simply wiped off the books, and yet where are the bailouts for regular Middle Class Americans? We are paying these predatory mortgages still today, while the predators are still snorting coke and buying whores on Wall Street with that tax payer money that was then doled to them in huge million dollar bonuses. And it is wrong to raise their taxes, why? So they drug dealers and whores can stay in ridiculous wealth?

Where are the protesting Libertarian Traitors who throw a snit fit every time anyone proposes helping Americans? They love give a-ways to corporate America, because they are wannabe corporate pirates who hope one day to feast on the carcasses of their fellow Americans also, just like they see corporations doing today.

This has to end, folks. And if neocons like 'Paul Ryan the Sellout' dont like it, then throw the bastards out.

CNM-bkIWIAAP6aJ.jpg

I'm wondering with that wall he's gonna build, how the hell is he gonna get his shit lines back into this country? Got any ideas, you fuckin Trump loving moronic simp?

Tell ya what nigga. When the manufacturing playing field is leveled get back with me....

The person you call a nigga today....will be the black grand babies you shop for 2mar...remember, dark meat is a delicacy with yo women, just sayin

What the hell is a 2mar?
I dont have any children but I do know my 13 year old Niece is way too smart to date/marry a nig.
IT is so weird how the media keeps pushing interracial marriage in these 'Big Cocks for Small *****' stereotype.

White guys with Asian women, and black guys with white women as if there is an ascending order of asian, white and black men in penis size and the same order for vagina size with the women. And of course all women want a guy that is as big as they can handle in the copulation department, right?

It is so shallow and so freaking wrong it would be just hilarious were it not so tragic.

Marriage is built on love, not Donkey Kong sexual stereotypes.
dick size aside....ww love black men because nigga's are easy.....all they want from a ww is white skin.

CNM-bkIWIAAP6aJ.jpg

I'm wondering with that wall he's gonna build, how the hell is he gonna get his shit lines back into this country? Got any ideas, you fuckin Trump loving moronic simp?

Tell ya what nigga. When the manufacturing playing field is leveled get back with me....

The person you call a nigga today....will be the black grand babies you shop for 2mar...remember, dark meat is a delicacy with yo women, just sayin

What the hell is a 2mar?
I dont have any children but I do know my 13 year old Niece is way too smart to date/marry a nig.
IT is so weird how the media keeps pushing interracial marriage in these 'Big Cocks for Small *****' stereotype.

White guys with Asian women, and black guys with white women as if there is an ascending order of asian, white and black men in penis size and the same order for vagina size with the women. And of course all women want a guy that is as big as they can handle in the copulation department, right?

It is so shallow and so freaking wrong it would be just hilarious were it not so tragic.

Marriage is built on love, not Donkey Kong sexual stereotypes.
dick size aside....ww love black men because nigga's are easy.....all they want from a ww is white skin.

So thats why you love bbc ha....

I try to engage you people in meaningful discussion but all you want to do is expose the fact that your knowledge of the educational process extends about a half inch past your nose.

Gatto created his own cottage industry and has made tons of money spouting his easily disproved line of reasoning and suckering education bashers into buying his books and hiring him for speeches.

If it were easily disproved, then he wouldn't have had more success than all of his peers.

He was named New York City Teacher of the Year in 1989, 1990, and 1991, and New York State Teacher of the Year in 1991.[3]
John Taylor Gatto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go ahead and hand a second grade class the book, "The Wizard of Oz" and see how many can read it.

Better yet, hand fifth grade class the book, "The Last of the Mohicans" and see how many of them can tackle it.

Both of those books was written for those age groups respectively. Today's kids can't hack those books.

In second grade they are now reading "Cat in the Hat," and "Curious George," and that's just the kids that are keeping up.

Getting fifth graders to read Harry Potter is easy, it's a snap. The vocabulary and sentence structure is sophomoric compared to "The Last of the Mohicans". I doubt the same class could handle such a book in this day and age.

I seriously doubt you have ever even read any of Gatto's work because it is a threat to your very world view.

Some hyperbole, but the public educational system spends too much time indoctrinating and teaching to pass performance tests instead of teaching useful facts and how to think critically.

I was in China a couple of months ago. I spent two weeks in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore talking to mostly investors, but also academics and government officials.

One of the things that struck me was how everyone I asked - literally, everyone - was sending their kids to high school and university in the US, the UK or Canada, but mostly the US.

Now, these were people of means. They could afford it. So it's not a real cross-section of Chinese society. But if they could get them into our education system, they were.

And they all said the same thing - it was because our system teaches kids how to think critically whereas the Chinese and Asian systems focus on rote memorization.

That surprised me since there is all this consternation in the west about our education standards being way behind those in Asia.

Last edited:
Go ahead and hand a second grade class the book, "The Wizard of Oz" and see how many can read it.

Better yet, hand fifth grade class the book, "The Last of the Mohicans" and see how many of them can tackle it.

Both of those books was written for those age groups respectively. Today's kids can't hack those books.

In second grade they are now reading "Cat in the Hat," and "Curious George," and that's just the kids that are keeping up.

Getting fifth graders to read Harry Potter is easy, it's a snap. The vocabulary and sentence structure is sophomoric compared to "The Last of the Mohicans". I doubt the same class could handle such a book in this day and age.

I seriously doubt you have ever even read any of Gatto's work because it is a threat to your very world view.

Where did you get your expertise on reading levels?

The Lexile reading level for Last of the Mohicans is 1350 which is 11th to 12th grade.

The Last of the Mohicans - Lexile® Find a Book | The Lexile® Framework for Reading

Why don't you just stick to whatever you are good at doing and leave education to the professionals?

Last edited:

I was in China a couple of months ago. I spent two weeks in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore talking to mostly investors, but also academics and government officials.

One of the things that struck me was how everyone I asked - literally, everyone - was sending their kids to high school and university in the US, the UK or Canada, but mostly the US.

Now, these were people of means. They could afford it. So it's not a real cross-section of Chinese society. But if they could get them into our education system, they were.

And they all said the same thing - it was because our system teaches kids how to think critically whereas the Chinese and Asian systems focus on rote memorization.

That surprised me since there is all this consternation in the west about our education standards being way behind those in Asia.

And those schools the elites in China send their kids to in the USA are likely the same schools that our own elites send their kids to as well; PRIVATE SCHOOLS.

What a ridiculous claim.

Tolerance of others is not a synonym for brainwashing. All this time I didn't realize that the reason the guy in my class who would walk past the slow class and go "UHHHGGG" wasn't in troble for being an asshole. It was because he wasn't allowing the teachers brainwashing us into believing they were people too work on him!:rolleyes:

So-called "foreign guest workers" is a complicated situation. It involves treaties and obscure corporate and government policies as well as current liberal minded idiocy. Another issue is the fact that the American education system has failed so miserably that they can't find enough U.S. workers to do the technical jobs that "guest workers" are invited to do. It's also possible that they work cheaper but I don't know.

Forum List

Back