With all the GOP cuts to education, Republicans put the future of our country at risk.

Americans have gutted their public education system in favour of charter schools and it's not working.
Charter schools are working. Ever seen the film 'Waiting For Superman'? If not, do so. The Charter school system in Washington was working SO well that Liberals tried to kill it.

The public school systems are plagued by bureaucracy, unions that pay teachers NOT to teach, standardized testing indoctrination B$, etc. In our kid's school district they brought in the Principal of the school district form Atlanta that was engaged in the largest cheating scandal in US history. He was one of the few that escaped criminal charges and going to jail. The minority board rammed the decision down the throats of the majority opposing community (whites and blacks). Within weeks he began bringing in teachers and administrators from that scandal. He began to abuse teachers, threaten them, and the books showed he and his newly acquired teachers were 'raping' the school treasury/budget.

AFTER A YEAR, The State Board of education was called in - teachers were in tears talking about how they were being treated and being threatened with being fired if they spoke out, the budget was reviewed and 'impropriety' was found. The board was reluctantly forced to fire the teachers he brought in and - under threat of his investigation - was forced to 'retire' him. Out of defiance, however, they hired him for an entire additional year at a huge salary to be the 'advisor' for the next Principal. At the other public school my other child was attending gang activity and drug were being dealt in the bathrooms. And that's just here... There are reports of teachers NOT being able to be fired in New York who sit in rooms and read the paper all day because they are not allowed to teach but have to be paid.

If the government could or wanted to produce a good 'product' then our schools wouldn't be so jacked up, our kids would have a better success rate, the corruption in the administrations wouldn't exist, our kids would have a more educationally conducive SAFE environment, and in a private system useless teacher would be fired. Don't blame charter schools that do offer better education for the Federal Govt's inability to make public schools a success.

Cutting education is dumb
Cutting infrastructure is dumb
Cutting r&d is dumb
Cutting science is really dumb

All very dumb and a policy for failure! I can't support a party that believes that investing in our own country is evil. The republican party should be disbanded and laughed at as a joke.

The EVIL part is all those GOVT teachers/employess on $4K/mo retirement at age 50 while we are expected to accept $1200/mo at age 67 for 50 years of work AND we pay into the system. Don't get me upset. It is supposed to be Holiday times...........sigh.

Where are these benefits available? Or is it something you "heard" was true?

ain't nobody got time fo dis crap!

Average CalPERS Pension Up To 5 Times Greater Than Comparable Social Security Payouts - California Policy Center

LOL. Then you should have worked smarter and harder. I get double that on SS and also earn 75K at my job per year. Of course, I have one of those jobs for which industry is begging for people. There are, as one poster already mentioned, 5.4 million jobs going begging in this nation. Jobs in which you get dirty, need a 4 year apprentice program, and often are mentally challenging as well.

That was an example only. Not far off from avg SSI payment I would suspect? Yep, lots of plumbers, welders, electrician, truck drivers needed but College degrees in Poetry don't cut it.

I thought if you made X amount (while on SSI) your payments should be reduced? The maximum benefit depends on the age you retire. For example, if you retire at full retirement age in 2015, your maximum benefit would be $2,663

Not SSI. Try again!

http://californiapolicycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/20150102_Fellner_PvsSS-1.jpg

I heard AVG CHI teacher pay is like 75K. 9 months work. go on UI for three. School results are dismal. Some areas have two retired.........one working (same for some local police/fire across country). Much of the provided food is thrown out.

How long do you people think this sort of stuff can continue?

Teachers do not work 9 months and they are not eligible for unemployment. You heard someone spreading misinformation.
The fact is the US spends more per capita on education than any other industrialized country in the world, and we have very little to show for it.

Maybe money isn't the problem and union teachers are.

The US is #56 in education spending on a list of nearly 200 countries. And a good part of the reason why your education spending is that high is because health insurance for school board employees is the most expensive in the world.

Americans have gutted their public education system in favour of charter schools and it's not working. It's time to pay teachers a living wage, buy computers and adequate supplies for all schools, not just those in wealthy areas, and stop blaming teachers. If you want good people, you need to pay them.

LOL......
U.S. education spending tops global list, study shows

How does that study account for costs such as transportation, (which most countries do not provide), compensation of teachers, retirement plans, healthcare costs, administrative costs, etc.?

You cannot get a much worse apples to oranges comparison than what happens when you try to compare the US to any other country. We are usually 15 to 50 times larger by comparison.

LOL. Then you should have worked smarter and harder. I get double that on SS and also earn 75K at my job per year. Of course, I have one of those jobs for which industry is begging for people. There are, as one poster already mentioned, 5.4 million jobs going begging in this nation. Jobs in which you get dirty, need a 4 year apprentice program, and often are mentally challenging as well.

That was an example only. Not far off from avg SSI payment I would suspect? Yep, lots of plumbers, welders, electrician, truck drivers needed but College degrees in Poetry don't cut it.

I thought if you made X amount (while on SSI) your payments should be reduced? The maximum benefit depends on the age you retire. For example, if you retire at full retirement age in 2015, your maximum benefit would be $2,663

Not SSI. Try again!

http://californiapolicycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/20150102_Fellner_PvsSS-1.jpg

That's still not SSI. Try OASDI.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a Federal income supplement program funded by general tax revenues (not Social Security taxes): It is designed to help aged, blind, and disabled people, who have little or no income; and. It provides cash to meet basic needs for food, clothing, and shelter.

I heard AVG CHI teacher pay is like 75K. 9 months work. go on UI for three. School results are dismal. Some areas have two retired.........one working (same for some local police/fire across country). Much of the provided food is thrown out.

Teachers do not work 9 months and they are not eligible for unemployment. You heard someone spreading misinformation.
The fact is the US spends more per capita on education than any other industrialized country in the world, and we have very little to show for it.

The US is #56 in education spending on a list of nearly 200 countries. And a good part of the reason why your education spending is that high is because health insurance for school board employees is the most expensive in the world.

Americans have gutted their public education system in favour of charter schools and it's not working. It's time to pay teachers a living wage, buy computers and adequate supplies for all schools, not just those in wealthy areas, and stop blaming teachers. If you want good people, you need to pay them.

LOL......

How does that study account for costs such as transportation, (which most countries do not provide), compensation of teachers, retirement plans, healthcare costs, administrative costs, etc.?

You cannot get a much worse apples to oranges comparison than what happens when you try to compare the US to any other country. We are usually 15 to 50 times larger by comparison.

Cost per student.

Progressives blaming their failure on others is the penultimate step before they collapse the system being described.

How do you take "I heard....." as facts?

sooooo, you are saying that if i heard on radio/TV from the liberfool MSM that the Hindenburg crashed and burned.., it is NOT A FACT??
you seem to get more stupid in every post. :up:
I heard it somewhere on a radio or a TV or something?????

You don't even know where you "heard" it from dipshit. I talked to someone who gave me their personal experience. See how that works? You tried so hard for a "gotcha" moment, you made yourself look like the dipshit we all know you are. And I never said it was a fact. It came from a Republican. But I suspect it was factual.

Cutting r&d is dumb

All very dumb and a policy for failure! I can't support a party that believes that investing in our own country is evil. The republican party should be disbanded and laughed at as a joke.

The EVIL part is all those GOVT teachers/employess on $4K/mo retirement at age 50 while we are expected to accept $1200/mo at age 67 for 50 years of work AND we pay into the system. Don't get me upset. It is supposed to be Holiday times...........sigh.

Average CalPERS Pension Up To 5 Times Greater Than Comparable Social Security Payouts - California Policy Center

So what does that have to do with teachers like me in the rest of the country, some of which are required to fund their entire retirement out of our paychecks?

Comparing California, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia. Boston. and Atlanta to public schools nationwide is a farce.

LOL......

Cost per student.

So, if I compare my school in the backwoods of a flyover state to a school in Berlin, are we going to get a valid comparison?

If you think you will, you have not studied enough statistics to formulate a reasonable response.

Cutting r&d is dumb

So what does that have to do with teachers like me in the rest of the country, some of which are required to fund their entire retirement out of our paychecks?

Comparing California, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia. Boston. and Atlanta to public schools nationwide is a farce.

You have to fund your own retirement?
Oooooohhhh Nooooooosssse!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the real world that a lot of Americans live everyday.
What makes you so special that you deserve retirement on the backs of the tax payer?

Americans have gutted their public education system in favour of charter schools and it's not working.
Charter schools are working. Ever seen the film 'Waiting For Superman'? If not, do so. The Charter school system in Washington was working SO well that Liberals tried to kill it.

The public school systems are plagued by bureaucracy, unions that pay teachers NOT to teach, standardized testing indoctrination B$, etc. In our kid's school district they brought in the Principal of the school district form Atlanta that was engaged in the largest cheating scandal in US history. He was one of the few that escaped criminal charges and going to jail. The minority board rammed the decision down the throats of the majority opposing community (whites and blacks). Within weeks he began bringing in teachers and administrators from that scandal. He began to abuse teachers, threaten them, and the books showed he and his newly acquired teachers were 'raping' the school treasury/budget.

AFTER A YEAR, The State Board of education was called in - teachers were in tears talking about how they were being treated and being threatened with being fired if they spoke out, the budget was reviewed and 'impropriety' was found. The board was reluctantly forced to fire the teachers he brought in and - under threat of his investigation - was forced to 'retire' him. Out of defiance, however, they hired him for an entire additional year at a huge salary to be the 'advisor' for the next Principal. At the other public school my other child was attending gang activity and drug were being dealt in the bathrooms. And that's just here... There are reports of teachers NOT being able to be fired in New York who sit in rooms and read the paper all day because they are not allowed to teach but have to be paid.

If the government could or wanted to produce a good 'product' then our schools wouldn't be so jacked up, our kids would have a better success rate, the corruption in the administrations wouldn't exist, our kids would have a more educationally conducive SAFE environment, and in a private system useless teacher would be fired. Don't blame charter schools that do offer better education for the Federal Govt's inability to make public schools a success.
When Charters Go Union

Charter schools’ worst nightmare: A pro-union movement may change charters forever

What Happens When Charter Teachers Join a Union?

The ignorant anti education right wingers worst nightmare. Charter school teachers want a voice. They are joining unions. Ooooh, that's gotta hurt.

Cutting r&d is dumb

You have to fund your own retirement?
Oooooohhhh Nooooooosssse!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to the real world that a lot of Americans live everyday.
What makes you so special that you deserve retirement on the backs of the tax payer?

Looking at the reduced paycheck I get and then having to pay for my own retirement, those wonderful benefits people claim all teachers get starts to look a little more like a fairy tale.

You brought up a retirement plan that is completely out of this world when compared to most teacher's plans and then you deflect when I show how you are dead wrong.

How much do you think I get paid per year after 17 years as a classroom teacher, with a Master's degree? I am betting you will be shocked.

When Charters Go Union

Charter schools’ worst nightmare: A pro-union movement may change charters forever

The ignorant anti education right wingers worst nightmare. Charter school teachers want a voice. They are joining unions. Ooooh, that's gotta hurt.

Notice how the far left drones immediately go fro their far left religious blog sites..

Oh let us have some fun with this:

Campbell Brown: Teachers Unions Go to Bat for Sexual Predators

Mexican teachers' union boss arrested for alleged embezzlement of £100m

Teachers union president arrested at Philadelphia schools protest

Teachers unions turn on Obama

I really love this post. All because of these two sentences:

Charter schools are working. Ever seen the film 'Waiting For Superman'?

That sounds like a fun game:

Vicodin is working. Ever hear the song "Over the Rainbow"?

Beheading cures headaches. Ever see the movie "Marie Antoinette"?

Immigrants are violent. Ever see the movie "Aliens"?

See?

Fun!

When Charters Go Union

This has very little to do with giving teachers a voice and everything to do with Liberals' desire to unionize everything.

Hell the President of the United States, the liberal and chief - the 'Pro Job Creation' guy, and his administration tried to sue several states - to include SC to prevent businesses from going to 'Right to work' states (which I think all 50 sates should be 'right to work' states)!

And I already mentioned how unions are a bad idea in many cases, such as the case of teachers that can't be fired being given full pay and benefits sitting in a room reading news papers all day because they aren't allowed to teach any more.

Republicans cut education nationwide - Google Search

You can do a simple Google Search "Republicans cut education nationwide" and everywhere Republicans are in charge, education is cut. That's how they pay for tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires.

At the same time:

America has 5.8 million job openings

5.8 million jobs? When Republicans are crying and whining about those not counted in the work force? You can't blame that on Obama. Republicans have been carrying on a war on education for decades. They slash and burn funding for education and then complain the money is wasted because education is this country is awful.
Duh! Couldn't part of the reason it's awful is because it's under funded????

If the country keeps voting Republicans into office to destroy American institutions one at a time, then we get what we deserve.

Republican "cuts" on education is nothing more than stopping the rise in pay of unionized "teachers" who could not care less about education of children as long as they have their undeserved three months annual vacation and guaranteed raise again next year.

Any teacher who is a willing union member is nothing more than a selfish punk who puts his/her pocketbook ahead of the children's future.

If the cost per child in the field of education were a valid indicator of success, American kids would not be lagging behind kids living and LEARNING in Estonia, Latvia, Hungary, Korea, Finland and Norway in sciences and mathematics. Or geography. Or biology. Or using your brains like playing chess.

And the REAL sad part is that the kids from the aforementioned countries - when they grow up - have to make their way in the world competing against drones created and supported by supported affirmative action.

Last edited:

LOL......

Cost per student.

So, if I compare my school in the backwoods of a flyover state to a school in Berlin, are we going to get a valid comparison?

If you think you will, you have not studied enough statistics to formulate a reasonable response.

That you actually believe thats how the study was conducted tells me a lot.

Forum List

Back