Women have the right to control their own bodies.

And if they controlled them a little better, we wouldn't need abortions.
I am all for women being in control of THEIR bodies. You want a boob job, tummy tuck, butt lift, go for it. The pro-"choice" advocates pretend the fetus is an unnecessary piece of fat.

And the pro-lifers pretend the fetus is a full-fledged person. More importantly, they pretend that a pregnant woman's womb is public property.
The human fetus is a human being. Take an elementary biology class. Duh.
I understand the biology just fine. The question is whether a fetus is a separate legal person, with rights that should be protected by the government.
Where do the rights of a baby begin?
‘The Court in Roe carefully considered, and rejected, the State's argument "that the fetus is a `person' within the language and meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment." 410 U. S., at 156. After analyzing the usage of "person" in the Constitution, the Court concluded that that word "has application only postnatally." Id., at 157.

[…]

…an abortion is not "the termination of life entitled to Fourteenth Amendment protection." Id., at 159. From this holding, there was no dissent, see id., at 173; indeed, no member of the Court has ever questioned this fundamental proposition. Thus, as a matter of federal constitutional law, a developing organism that is not yet a "person" does not have what is sometimes described as a "right to life." [n.2] This has been and, by the Court's holding today, remains a fundamental premise of our constitutional law governing reproductive autonomy.’

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pa. v. Casey, 505 U.S. 833 (1992)

A child’s rights manifest once it is born; prior to birth, an embryo/fetus has no rights, it is not a ‘baby,’ and not entitled to Constitutional protections.

Women just get stuck holding the bag. They don't get pregnant by themselves. Could we could include another party that perhaps should control themselves a little better, too?
You gotta open them legs first. Unless it is rape, they have the ultimate control. Sperm is cheap, eggs are precious.
Every sperm is sacred, a potential new life if allowed to follow it’s natural course in the right environment. That makes masturb action mass murder. M en need to learn to control their hands.
Me dumpin a nut in a sock and you lettin the guy who bought you three 'Jaeger Bombs' dump one in you have two drastically different outcomes.

Is a fetus alive? Yes or no
You mean a ten week old fetus? No, not outside the womb.
maxresdefault.jpg
So, you believe that a ten week old fetus is dead? Medical science says otherwise.
Medical science also does not call it a baby.
What else would you call it? At the moment of conception you had your own uniques human DNA which is exactly the same as you have now. It contained all the information of the person you would become, your hair color, your eye color, etc. You are as different today from the baby you were at the moment of your birth as that newborn baby was from the way it was at the moment of conception. For the first nine months of your life you were nurtured inside of your mother's body and then you were nurtured outside of her body for years more. Birth was no more than a marker of your progress from the moment of your conception to who and where you are today.

We all know it is a baby. We ask a pregnant woman about her baby, not about her fetus. The only time we call it a fetus is when we decide to kill it in an effort to dehumanize our intended victim to ease our consciences. If a woman wants an abortion, she should the character to acknowledge she wants to kill another human being.
Ever notice how liberals, when given a choice, always choose death for a fetus, then protest when a convicted murderer is about to be executed?
This is a lie and false comparison fallacy.

So find another thread to read, Old Man, if this one doesn't float your boat.

No, this one is fine. It's somewhat entertaining to see, yet again, this back and forth going nowhere discussion. Each side is firmly entrenched and immovable.

And what, you didn't like my thought on what can happen if Roe v Wade is overturned?
I'm not sure what all this "leave it to the states" stuff is about. There is nothing wrong with federal legislation to leave abortion to hell alone.
Abortion (or healthcare for that matter), is not a federal government jurisdiction. It SHOULD be a state issue.
But they just love state rights when it involves something like Marijuana.
And yet another false comparison fallacy.

Women just get stuck holding the bag. They don't get pregnant by themselves. Could we could include another party that perhaps should control themselves a little better, too?
You gotta open them legs first. Unless it is rape, they have the ultimate control. Sperm is cheap, eggs are precious.

Any man who isn't man enough to take responsibility for what he does with his penis, should be castrated. That should decrease the abortion rates and clean up the gene pool. Why any man thinks a woman is responsible for his actions, I've no idea.
All that babel means fuck all logically. Keep your legs shut...whore...and you won't have to worry about men "taking responsibility".
Real simple. Ain't no one's fault but the woman who allows the man in.

What question was that?
maxresdefault.jpg
So you think life begins outside the womb? So then if a man kills a pregnant woman, he cannot be charged with double homicide, right? As stated in another person's post (sorry to abscond with your idea)
Perhaps you should ask a lawyer.
So, a lawyer gets to decide when life begins?
No, individuals decide for themselves when life begins.

The law prohibits the state from interfering with that decision.

LOLOL

I'm not a liar simply because you're an imbecile.

Four Things You Need To Know About the Hyde Amendment & Federally Funded Abortion | American Center for Law and Justice

What is the Hyde Amendment?

... the current version includes exceptions that allow Medicaid funds to be used for abortions in cases of rape, incest, or the health of the mother – but all other federal taxpayer funding of abortion is banned.
You're a liar.
The Numbers Are In – Planned Parenthood Performed Record Number of Abortions in 2018
LOLOL

Imbecile.... try quoting the text from your own article that claims federal funds are being used to pay for abortions except for cases of rape, incest, or to save the woman's life.....

When you can't, you show everyone here that I didn't lie and that you're nothing but a mindless idiot.

:dance:
<crickets>

Crickets??

Not crickets!

Anything but crickets!!!

You know what crickets means, right...?

:dance:
There weren't over 300,000 abortions performed on women that were impregnated by rape, incest or saving the woman's life. Lying idiot.
LOL

Dumbfuck.... your article doesn't say there were 300,000 abortions at Planned Parenthood that were paid for by tax dollars. You have a serious mental deficiency.
You're a liar. You lying jackals call normal ame people crazy simply because you can't deny the facts. You're very I'll, and you're lost. You're nothing but murdering demons.

The core of prog ideology is a switch from personal accountability to govt. control, as they embrace the victim role. In this instance, the woman is a victim because men are toxic. She's not expected to comprehend cause and effect, and we're going to pay for it.

Strikes me odd that "you can't tell women what to do with their body", considering they're prevented from legal prostitution. Then there's the elephant in the room which is, what about the fetus' body?

No one is saying women have no responsibility for getting pregnant, the point is both the women AND the men involved share the responsibility of a pregancy happening. However, the person whose body is impacted by a pregnancy has the say on what happens to her body.

The woman has the final say on getting pregnant. Take responsibility.
YOU first.
It's your body. You women keep telling us it's your body, then you want to blame the man. You can't have it both ways.
I am saying the man is one half to blame. That is all.
If the woman says no, there is no blame at all.

Likewise, if a man says no, there's no blame at all.

maxresdefault.jpg
So you think life begins outside the womb? So then if a man kills a pregnant woman, he cannot be charged with double homicide, right? As stated in another person's post (sorry to abscond with your idea)
Perhaps you should ask a lawyer.
So, a lawyer gets to decide when life begins?
No, individuals decide for themselves when life begins.

The law prohibits the state from interfering with that decision.
Clayton says "No, individuals decide for themselves when life begins".
Are you suggesting in-utero interviews so babies can decide for themselves if they are alive yet?

You're a liar. You lying jackals call normal ame people crazy simply because you can't deny the facts. You're very I'll, and you're lost. You're nothing but murdering demons.

Listen, you're having a bad trip. Take a deep breath and call someone you trust. It's going to be ok. Just don't do anything stupid. Give it time. You'll be fine.

You clearly have some serious butthurt when it comes to women. Here’s a novel idea. Keep your grubby hands out of our sex life and our personal medical decisions.
You clearly have some major baggage concerning men. Here's a suggestion you've probably already heard from your shrink: Stop trying to justify your bad decisions by pretending to speak for all women.

I have no issues with men, nor do I insist on controlling their medical decisions. Speak for all women? Please. Tell that to the idiot who insists that women regard the choice of whether or not to have a child as little different than a facelift. In the meantime, leave these decisions up to us. In the end WE carry the burden, the risks, the agonizing, the penalties. And of course, the blame. Even though there is no recorded case of human parthenogenesis.

The lefties believe that they are God. Their philosophy is morality is up to the individual.

You people CONSTANTLY tell us it's none of our business. Based on that logic alone it is YOUR problem and yours alone no?
I am not "you people." I am me. One person. Stick to my arguments or talk to someone else.
Men either have a say so in the issue or they don't. Which is it?
Men have a say in who they have sex with and under what conditions they do so. They're not obliged to have sex, it's a choice they make. As such they have equal responsibility with the woman regarding any unwanted preganancy they create/

Listen, you're having a bad trip. Take a deep breath and call someone you trust. It's going to be ok. Just don't do anything stupid. Give it time. You'll be fine.
You're the worst kind of liars. You promote a culture of death. Honestly, I pity you creatures. You have no idea what's in store for you when your life is over. You will be judged.

You people CONSTANTLY tell us it's none of our business. Based on that logic alone it is YOUR problem and yours alone no?
I am not "you people." I am me. One person. Stick to my arguments or talk to someone else.
Men either have a say so in the issue or they don't. Which is it?
Men have equal responsibility, yes.
That's half the battle. No for the question that matters. If the MOTHER wants an abortion and the FATHER doesn't what do we do?

It's the woman's call given that it's her life and her health that is being put on the line.

Forum List

Back