.....Would pardons be warranted?....

"Trump suggests that if he is reelected, he will pardon Jan. 6 Capitol rioters"

CONROE, Texas — Former president Donald Trump suggested Saturday night he will pardon the rioters charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol if he is elected president in 2024.

Trump, who has teased but not confirmed another run for president, has repeatedly criticized the prosecution of individuals who violently stormed the Capitol to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election as president. But his comments at a Texas rally on Saturday marked the first time he dangled pardons, an escalation of his broader effort to downplay the deadly events of Jan. 6.

Some of those involved in the riot held out hope for a Trump pardon before he left office 14 days later, but none were granted.

“If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly,” he said near the end of a lengthy campaign rally in Conroe, a city about 40 miles north of Houston. “We will treat them fairly, and if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly.”
-------------------------------------------------------------
The above was from this morning's Washington Post.

With so many already pleading guilty and now with some really serious scheibe coming down (11 charged with 'seditious conspiracy')...what's the thinking about pardons?
Is it a reality?
Is it just meat-to-the-base talk? A campaign dance-step?
Do any deserve pardons?
Pardons for a start.

Prison time for Pelosi & several others for a finish.

Ashli Babbitt: Say her name.

CONROE, Texas — Former president Donald Trump suggested Saturday night he will pardon the rioters charged in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection at the Capitol if he is elected president in 2024.

Trump, who has teased but not confirmed another run for president, has repeatedly criticized the prosecution of individuals who violently stormed the Capitol to protest the certification of Joe Biden’s election as president. But his comments at a Texas rally on Saturday marked the first time he dangled pardons, an escalation of his broader effort to downplay the deadly events of Jan. 6.

Some of those involved in the riot held out hope for a Trump pardon before he left office 14 days later, but none were granted.

“If I run and I win, we will treat those people from January 6 fairly,” he said near the end of a lengthy campaign rally in Conroe, a city about 40 miles north of Houston. “We will treat them fairly, and if it requires pardons, we will give them pardons because they are being treated so unfairly.”

With so many already pleading guilty and now with some really serious scheibe coming down (11 charged with 'seditious conspiracy')...what's the thinking about pardons?
Is it a reality?
Do any deserve pardons?
Pardon? Medal of Honor.

Yep. I sure do. If I go against my country and try to overthrow an election, I am sure I would be. It won't happen though. I still support the oath I took as an officer, but not necessarily a gentleman.
Good to know you support the prosecution of Pelosi and the Democrats. :)

Let's follow the Dem's lead, we can arrest and jail thousands of Dems when they occupy. For example here are activists occupying Pelosi's office. Now we can arrest and jail all Dems doing this, everywhere!

Dr5IYYAXgAIzkRs
And there's the thread win.

Pelosi's lucky she'll die in a jail cell and not gunned down execution style like Ashli Babbitt.

And there's the thread win.

Pelosi's lucky she'll die in a jail cell and not gunned down execution style like Ashli Babbitt.

Activists occupy congress, get arrested.

Activists (D) occupy congress, Pelosi and Dems rush to the cameras to celebrate and approve it.

The double standard and hypocrisy is off the scale.

Sedition.

Conspiracy.

Treason.

Murder.

Ashli Babbitt: Say her name.
She didn't shoot Babbit, so if that is what you are referring to, rule out murder. She wasn't part of the cospiracy to overthrow the election to trump. Would have to know what she said to decide on Sedition. Treason is iffy, but would not rule it out, offhand, still need more specificity than a thrill going up the back of your leg.

Is it a reality?
Do any deserve pardons?
This was not just a riot, this was a attack on the government of the United States, it was an attack on every American whether they realize it or not. They cannot be pardoned, this is an unforgivable act. By even suggesting this, the perpetrator of this act, is trying to say he is above the law.

guess it depends…case by case bases and who applies
Unfortunately that's not what trump implied. He implied it was unjust the way they were treated. If foreign terrorists did this to our nation, people would be screaming for them to be executed. These malignant Americans were treated with kid gloves.

Unfortunately that's not what trump implied. He implied it was unjust the way they were treated. If foreign terrorists did this to our nation, people would be screaming for them to be executed. These malignant Americans were treated with kid gloves.
maybe you are reading too much into what he said. i didn’t take it that way at all

Is it a reality?
Do any deserve pardons?
What you have is a moot point. Trump, if re-elected, can pardon whoever he likes. Keep in mind it will be his last term.

I wonder if you'll have the same regard for posterity next January when the House continues or reopens those investigations and subpoenas come down for lots of those who need to answer questions about the lead-up to 1/6 but who the current committee failed to call? I'm thinking you'll have an excuse - provided by your media drones - as to why the Republicans are wrong for looking deeper but the Dems were righteous to do so. Ever hear the old saw about there always being TWO SIDES to every story/issue?
That's true in most cases, but when one case is based on nothing but lies it doesn't exist.

But being it was not a terrorist act. Not even close. Wardrobe change, drama queen. The only act of terror was pulled off by the Capitol police.

Forum List

Back