Would you go one year without makeup?

The girl in the article linked in the OP doesn't need any stinking makeup....she looks great without it.

I've never been a fan of makeup. It does look good from a distance, but if I'm siting 3 feet of closed to a lady I would rather see her than a caked on mess.

I still have nightmares from when I was a kid and Aunt Mary with her lipstick and caked on makeup wanted to give me a kiss. I tried to stay away from her the best I could.

Please, when it comes to makeup, less really is best!

Lol! That is SO funny. My ex used to call his aunties "the wall of kisses." :lol:

Like others have said though, if you only wear a little, it looks fine even close up. Most every woman wears it. Some don't, but I think they are the minority, at least here in America.

Ah.... so makeup washes off when it rains.

It is fake.

Which one do you like better? Lol!

Celebrities_Without_Makeup_12-537x470.jpg

This is the type of thing cosmetic companies use to sell their product. The first picture has bad lighting and it is out of focus. Also, the lady would look 10 times better with a smile. The second picture looks okay, but I would rather look at the real girl if I were sitting across a table from her.

Ah.... so makeup washes off when it rains.

It is fake.

Which one do you like better? Lol!

Celebrities_Without_Makeup_12-537x470.jpg

This is the type of thing cosmetic companies use to sell their product. The first picture has bad lighting and it is out of focus. Also, the lady would look 10 times better with a smile. The second picture looks okay, but I would rather look at the real girl if I were sitting across a table from her.

Well, there are plenty of other pictures of celebs with and without makeup if you just google it. IMO, some women can look beautiful without makeup too, but certainly not all women do.

Personally, I don't think I look that terrible without makeup, but I do think that I look better with it. It can really bring out your eye color and make you look less pale, etc.

Weeeeelllllll, it's been nearly 70 years now without ever using it so yeah.... I think I'm OK!:lol:

If you are ugly, makeup might help from a distance, but up close you are just ugly with makeup on.

Would you go one year without makeup?

A woman is battling her insecurities by not wearing makeup for a year.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/would-you-go-one-year-without-makeup-92654012109.html

American women would do well not to wear American made cosmetics since they're allowed to use known carcinogens. European versions haven't been allowed to use cancer-causing subtances in their makeup since the 80s. Why I haven't been using anything on my skin I shouldn't put in my mouth (since we absorb through our pores some of whatever chemical we're smearing on our skin.)

"In 2008, laboratory tests revealed that teenage girls were contaminated with potentially dangerous chemicals found in personal care and cosmetic products. Some of these chemicals have been labeled probable human carcinogens. Do products like hairspray, body wash, and blush contain ingredients that could actually endanger women's health?

Skin Can Absorb Potentially Dangerous Chemicals
Your skin may seem like a protective barrier for your body; however, the skin is not a closed organ, but is like a screen, with tiny openings called pores."

more at link,
Carcinogenic Ingredients in Your Personal Care Products?

If you are ugly, makeup might help from a distance, but up close you are just ugly with makeup on.

Well yeah. Thank you Captain Obvious. :lol: My point is that most women in America do wear some kind of makeup (even if it's minimal, perhaps even just some concealer to hide a blemish) when they leave the house, go to work, whatever.

I've seen plenty of people that do not but probably SHOULD wear makeup too. :D

When I was younger...I did the whole schpeel. Foundation, powder, eye liner, fake lashes on top of my already long lashes, blush, lipstick, blush. Then when I hit my 40's, it was just foundation, powder, blush, mascara, lipstick. After 50, I was down to just powder, blush, mascara, lipstick. At 58, I stopped wearing it all. I DO wear tinted lip gloss though...like chap stix with a tint of pink, and mineral face powder. no mascara. no liner.
Almost at 62, nothing.

"Makeup" is a broad (no pun intended) term. What does the modern term of "makeup" mean to normal non show-biz women.

So any ladies here willing to show a pic of themselves without makeup? lol. I have a pic...about 2 years old. Erased lines of course, compliments of paint shop pro ;). I am wearing a smidge of mascara for this pic and the tinted lip gloss but that's it.

I'll show mine if someone else shows theirs. ;)

"Makeup" is a broad (no pun intended) term. What does the modern term of "makeup" mean to normal non show-biz women.

See my post above yours. Makeup usually means foundation, powder, blush, mascara, lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner and maybe eyebrow pencil.

When I was younger...I did the whole schpeel. Foundation, powder, eye liner, fake lashes on top of my already long lashes, blush, lipstick, blush. Then when I hit my 40's, it was just foundation, powder, blush, mascara, lipstick. After 50, I was down to just powder, blush, mascara, lipstick. At 58, I stopped wearing it all. I DO wear tinted lip gloss though...like chap stix with a tint of pink, and mineral face powder. no mascara. no liner.
Almost at 62, nothing.

I think that a lot of times with more mature ladies, less is definitely more! :) I try to gently tell that to my mom who still adores her horrible blue eyeliner from the 1980s. :lol:

Forum List

Back