Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

Would you Prefer that your kids go to a Majority White or Majority Black School?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I wouldn't send my kids to any Public school in this country for a couple of reasons. One is the kids that are home schooled are smarter and more well adjusted to people show here in these stats.

6-homeschoolers-not-odd.jpg

2-homeschooling-by-the-numbers.jpg

3-homeschooler-national-average-percentile-scores.jpg

And ,this video also have some really good reasons not to send your Kids to Public School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMhURei8N6Q
Sure home schooling can work well for some people. However, today 60% of the families have two working parents. In addition there are over 12 million families with only one parent. In these cases, home schooling is rarely possible. In most states about 6 hours/day of class is required or is recommended. In addition there's field trips, periods for social interaction, sports or physical education, providing for classes that the parent is unable to teach at home, and assessment testing. Then there's preparation of class material and reports that must be done for the state.
Also, many parents simply do not have the skills needed to teach the various subjects.

For most families, home schooling is not the answer.
Neither do most teachers.

"I think the outcome of the poll is clear. Knowing nothing about the academics of the school itself, most people would want their children to go to the majority white school."

I am sure that whites feel that way.

Ignorance in this forum is often a matter of perception and opinion, except when one categorizes an entire race of people as many often do here, this thread being an example of exactly that.

That being stated, I am well aware of what the Feds do.

Speaking for myself, if any children that I am responsible for had the best opportunity at any school no matter what the racial make up is, I would see to it that they had the opportunity to go to that school.

On another note, I would not want them to experience what I did being bused to a predominately white school in the 60's where the majority of the teachers and adminstrators were at best, apathetic towards my success, and for the most part resented my presence there.

The high school that I attended was predominantly black, and although the school was most likely under funded, it was not reflected in the quality of work that those educators put forth.

I was surrounded by caring teachers and administrators who went the extra mile to help me.

Some were white, some were Hispanic and some were black, but they were committed to the students.

Well, with all your blather, you managed to dance around the question demonstrating that while you know the Feds racially profile all public schools, you do not know why.

Would you like to guess?

Call it what you wish, I don't really care. The question was would I want my children to attend a predominately black or white school, and I answered the question how I chose to, if you don't like my answer, that is your problem, not mine. As opposed to playing a 64 question game here if you have something to state about the Feds, spit it out, or go bother someone else.

While you cannot answer the question: Why do Feds racially profile public schools, you've actually accomplished a lot.

You've demonstrated that you have an opinion about the public school system.

And that opinion is formed entirely independent of information that the Feds meticulously collect to ensure that schools are integrated.

Respondents of the poll who claim not to care about the racial make up of the school their children attend, like yourself, also have admitted that integration is unnecessary and immaterial.

:eusa_clap:

George Wallace would be proud.

"I think the outcome of the poll is clear. Knowing nothing about the academics of the school itself, most people would want their children to go to the majority white school."

I am sure you're have no data to support your opinion.

Most parents choose to send their kids to their local public school regardless of whether it's predominately black or white. Cost and convenience are the primary factors in determining where kids go to school not race or even the quality of the school.

The poll assumes that an all black school = poor education or violence when neither is true. I have seen all Black schools even in lower income areas that are turning out great students. I wouldnt want my child going to an all white school no matter what the academic record or where it was at. My wife went to an all white school k-12 and she hated it. I've heard the same from other Black and Mexican people that attended all white schools.

Most parents choose to send their kids to their local public school regardless of whether it's predominately black or white. Cost and convenience are the primary factors in determining where kids go to school not race or even the quality of the school.

Wrong.

Many Parents use the Profiling Data that Feds generate to identify schools where there are majorities of blacks, then they avoid those schools, either choosing to live in areas which are predominately white, or sending their children to private schools which are predominately white.

Its called "White Flight."

Look it up.

Use the internet.

The poll assumes that an all black school = poor education or violence when neither is true. I have seen all Black schools even in lower income areas that are turning out great students. I wouldnt want my child going to an all white school no matter what the academic record or where it was at. My wife went to an all white school k-12 and she hated it. I've heard the same from other Black and Mexican people that attended all white schools.

The poll assumes no such thing.

Anyone could have voted to prefer that their kids go to a Majority Black School.

Yet ZERO did. Not even the most rabid LW wacko, values "Diversity" more than a Good Education, which is the obvious answer for anyone.

Anyone could have voted to prefer that their kids go to a Majority Black School.

Yet ZERO did. Not even the most rabid LW wacko, values "Diversity" more than a Good Education, which is the obvious answer for anyone.

You are not knowledgeable regarding the poster Pubic. He is a virulent racist. What kills your assumption is that some voted for a majority white. My original assumption is correct in light of those 2 facts.

You are not knowledgeable regarding the poster Pubic. He is a virulent racist. What kills your assumption is that some voted for a majority white. My original assumption is correct in light of those 2 facts.

The poll says nothing about either white or black schools' quality of education or level of voilence, thus your assertation that:

poll assumes that an all black school = poor education or violence when neither is true​

is incorrect.

The poll makes NO SUCH ASSUMPTION.

The fact that there are votes for sending their kids to a majority white school only confirms the reality of "white flight."

The poll says nothing about either white or black schools' quality of education or level of voilence, thus your assertation that:

poll assumes that an all black school = poor education or violence when neither is true​

is incorrect.

The fact that there are votes for sending their kids to a majority white school only confirms the reality of "white flight."

The poll does make that assumption. I am familiar with the OP. It is not a benign poll as you seem to think it to be. I agree it confirms the reality of white flight. Did I say otherwise?

is incorrect.

The poll does make that assumption. I am familiar with the OP. It is not a benign poll as you seem to think it to be. I agree it confirms the reality of white flight. Did I say otherwise?

I suppose you can "interpret" anything, however far you need to stretch.

When I bought my first house I did not pick based on racial makeup, I picked one I could afford, it was decent but you know not fancy at all. Then around the time my kids started going to school the USG started forcing immigration onto Florida. The USG sent what seemed like millions of island based foreigners to come live in south florida. The first time it was cubans and that wasn't too bad, not really. The second group however was from Hati. Immediately nearly every nearby apartment vacancy was filled with refugees from hati. Every single parent group from Hati, it appeared, was unable to read or write, unable to find work, and the neighborhood turned to hell in a hand basket. The schools turned violent, the classes became unruly, the teachers left, the cops were overwhelmed, drugs being sold on every corner, trash strewn everywhere, the neighborhood was completely destroyed in a years time. It took years to "spread" them out better and clean up the neighborhood. It took about a decade of concerted effort by the rest of the surrounding communities before that neighborhood became somewhat live-able for an American family again. To bad it was a nice house, my first house.

Fortunately for me I got an invite to move to TX.

Last edited:

is incorrect.

I suppose you can "interpret" anything, however far you need to stretch.

From the OP. Evidently you missed it.

Well if good records are your standard then the likelihood that you chose a majority white is much higher, unless, you chose the best school out of a black dominated locality which is usually like picking the sweetest smelling turd in the toilet bowl. In the end you still have a bunch of crap. There are exceptions to this, but not many of them. In any case, if you knew nothing else but the demographics of two schools I am willing to bet that you'll choose the majority white over the majority black school every time.

Wrong.

Many Parents use the Profiling Data that Feds generate to identify schools where there are majorities of blacks, then they avoid those schools, either choosing to live in areas which are predominately white, or sending their children to private schools which are predominately white.

Look it up.

Use the internet.

He's right.

Wrong.

Look it up.

Use the internet.

He's right.

No

Starting in the 1950s, many people living in New Orleans began moving to the suburbs – mostly white people. Research suggests that the reasons for this are many, and unfortunately, they are mostly based in racism.

White Flight

Wrong.

Look it up.

Use the internet.

He's right.

No

Starting in the 1950s, many people living in New Orleans began moving to the suburbs – mostly white people. Research suggests that the reasons for this are many, and unfortunately, they are mostly based in racism.

White Flight

I said you were right dude lol.

I went to a predominately Hispanic junior high (PS 187) and a mostly Asian and black high school (Brooklyn Tech), which was the third best public high school in all of NYC. 187 wasn't a good school but I wouldn't mind my kid going to Brooklyn Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back