WWI was a pointless war, 20M dead, brought about by stupid alliances, like the one we have with NATO

those who dont learn from history are bound to repeat the mistakes of the past

Trump voters need to consider this comment ^^^.
They did. That's why they didn't want Boogie Nights Bill back in the White House.

I suppose, given their fiscal history since Pres. Clinton, they have every year since increased the annual deficit adding to the national debt, wherein he embarrassed them by reducing the deficit last couple of years.

usgs_line.php

The retard obozo spent almost a trillion dollars and the unemployment went up .

Just like FDR and his bullshit new deal..

If you really believe this, your ignorance is absolutely amazing.

The leaders and generals in WWI should have been tried, convicted, and executed for gross incompetence.

Most of that stems from revisionist history from right after the 2nd world war from people looking for scapegoats to blame for the 2nd.

The Generals were as usual trying to fight the last war early on in the current war, and discounted the lessons of the late US civil war with regards to entrenchment being a viable method of clogging up a war of maneuver.

Defensive firepower was supreme for the first time since castles were in use. The machine gun replaced stone walls as the major factor in the battle between offense and defense.

The armored vehicle was the offense's response.
And aviation. I agree.....good to see someone else besides myself see that the beginning of trench warfare was actually the last year of the American Civil War.

They did. That's why they didn't want Boogie Nights Bill back in the White House.

I suppose, given their fiscal history since Pres. Clinton, they have every year since increased the annual deficit adding to the national debt, wherein he embarrassed them by reducing the deficit last couple of years.

usgs_line.php

The retard obozo spent almost a trillion dollars and the unemployment went up .

Just like FDR and his bullshit new deal..

If you really believe this, your ignorance is absolutely amazing.

Facts get the best of you?

It was obozo signing into law 80% of bush jr tax cuts.

.it was world war II that saved the middle class in America.

The leaders and generals in WWI should have been tried, convicted, and executed for gross incompetence.

Most of that stems from revisionist history from right after the 2nd world war from people looking for scapegoats to blame for the 2nd.

The Generals were as usual trying to fight the last war early on in the current war, and discounted the lessons of the late US civil war with regards to entrenchment being a viable method of clogging up a war of maneuver.

Defensive firepower was supreme for the first time since castles were in use. The machine gun replaced stone walls as the major factor in the battle between offense and defense.

And aviation. I agree.....good to see someone else besides myself see that the beginning of trench warfare was actually the last year of the American Civil War.

I did forget about aviation. I still believe mechanized armor had a greater impact with regards the offense/defense balance on the ground.

Aviation's biggest impact was on naval warfare and strategic warfare.

I recall some quote of Bismark about not being able to learn anything from the American Civil War due to it being fought by "armed mobs on either side"

I did forget about aviation. I still believe mechanized armor had a greater impact with regards the offense/defense balance on the ground.

I recall some quote of Bismark about not being able to learn anything from the American Civil War due to it being fought by "armed mobs on either side"

WTf?

Hans-Ulrich Rudel was the ultimate tank killer in WWII that dude killed over 500 tanks alone.

Wrong! WWI was started by ethnic rivalries, among other reasons, that NATO has prevented for the past 70 years.
Germany and Japan were going to do what they did regardless of alliances. Hitler did not think Britain and France would HONOR their alliance with Poland so he invaded.

If alliances had been honored earlier...Hitler would have been stopped when he invaded Czechoslovakia.

In fact had NATO and the UN not existed...The Soviet Union would have gobbled up European states piecemeal until ANOTHER World War would have occurred.

Uhm retard this is WWI

Wait! Pearl Harbor wasn't World War I?!
Sure and it was bombed by the Germans.

germans.gif

WTf?

Hans-Ulrich Rudel was the ultimate tank killer in WWII that dude killed over 500 tanks alone.

Over many many years, and while it contributed, other tanks and anti-tank guns were by far the bigger tank killers in the war.

CAS was a big part of the allied war plan, but without it you would still have large tank on tank battles.

Remove aviation from naval warfare, and you are back to the battleship era. Remove aviation from strategic warfare and you don't have strategic warfare.

This is as stupidly simplistic as saying that the civil war was about slavery and nothing else.

Mostly it was secret, patchwork, and vague and informal alliances, along with decades of provocation and animosity surrounding competing imperial ambitions, that led to a general polarization of Europe and ultimately to WWI.

WTf?

Over many many years, and while it contributed, other tanks and anti-tank guns were by far the bigger tank killers in the war.

CAS was a big part of the allied war plan, but without it you would still have large tank on tank battles.

Remove aviation from naval warfare, and you are back to the battleship era. Remove aviation from strategic warfare and you don't have strategic warfare.

Your changing the goal posts, if he was an American it would make poppy boyington look like a girl scout.

WTf?

Your changing the goal posts, if he was an American it would make poppy boyington look like a girl scout.

No, you are jumping into a discussion and changing the parameters.

Plus Pappy boyington was an air to air guy, and you are going on and on about air to mud.

usgs_line.php
That has as much to do with Clinton as the good economy now and Trump.

Explain yourself - maybe you don't know the difference between the deficit and the debt.

Wrong! WWI was started by ethnic rivalries, among other reasons, that NATO has prevented for the past 70 years.
Germany and Japan were going to do what they did regardless of alliances. Hitler did not think Britain and France would HONOR their alliance with Poland so he invaded.

If alliances had been honored earlier...Hitler would have been stopped when he invaded Czechoslovakia.

In fact had NATO and the UN not existed...The Soviet Union would have gobbled up European states piecemeal until ANOTHER World War would have occurred.

Uhm retard this is WWI

I was wondering where and why he was bringing up Hitler, who was an Austrian corporal in WWI.

WTf?

No, you are jumping into a discussion and changing the parameters.

Plus Pappy boyington was an air to air guy, and you are going on and on about air to mud.

It's like anti-submarine warfare from an aircraft. Tanks and subs have no real way to defend themselves.

WRONG! NATO is the reason there has not been another World War since 1945. Its the reason the world survived the Cold War and Soviet Unions attempts to take over the world.

Had the United States been apart of the Allies prior to the start of World War I and had troops deployed in France and Belgium prior to 1914, the Germans would never have risked invading Lux., Belgium or France. Germany would have left Austria-Hungary alone to deal with its conflict with Serbia. Austria-Hungary would have settled its differences with Serbia diplomatically with investigations and negotiation. It would not risk war with Russia without Germany which attacking Serbia would entail. Its called DETERRENCE! Strong Alliances like NATO make war less likely! Weaken NATO, and you weaken deterrence, and make war more likely!

Forum List

Back