Yeah, conservatives are probably right. We don't need an infrastructure bill...

Then you should support a stand alone bill which is intended to restore and repair road, bridges and other real infrastructure projects in the country. Not billions and billions more for a variety of social programs.
We passed a $1.2 trillion stand alone bill
Roads, bridges, rail, ports, waters systems, power grid
Almost every Republican voted against it

All substandard bridges are eligible for federal funds
Why? Let the people who own it and use it pay for their own upkeep instead of scamming the federal taxpayers. Where is all their money that was supposed to go to fix and maintain this bridge? dems and other pols stealing again.

Why? Let the people who own it and use it pay for their own upkeep instead of scamming the federal taxpayers. Where is all their money that was supposed to go to fix and maintain this bridge? dems and other pols stealing again.
Why we have failing infrastructure
Local governments run on low taxes
Investing tax dollars in repairing existing infrastructure does not get you re-elected

Sure, I have the bliss of truth while you have white privilege anger.

Why would I be angry?

People who carry themselves the way that you do are genuinely horrible representatives for your own cause. People who carry themselve the way that you do are the gift that keeps on giving. You're literally a liability to the very cause that you proport to promote.

Heck, I'm not angry at all. In fact, I enjoy helping you count your name as many times as you want to make a note of it. I'm kind of sadistic in that way. Heh heh...

Why would I be angry?

People who carry themselves the way that you do are genuinely horrible representatives for your own cause. People who carry themselve the way that you do are the gift that keeps on giving. You're literally a liability to the very cause that you proport to promote.

Heck, I'm not angry at all. In fact, I enjoy helping you count your name as many times as you want to make a note of it. I'm kind of sadistic in that way. Heh heh...
You 're what?

Hilarious

Why would I be angry?

Given your criteria are the following a good representative for it.

donald trump
sarah palin
ted cruz
josh howley

That looks to me like a two-lane local road, why is funding repairs/replacement a federal matter? The Pittsburgh city council should be funding maintenance on its own roads and bridges.
Especially since the bridge was reported to be in "very poor" condition in 2011. Three years ago, a photo was tweeted out that showed the bridge's cross-bracing was badly corroded and had pulled away from the beam in several places.

BridgeCollapse-7-1643395673.jpg

The bridge should have been closed immediately. MINIMUM, the weight limit (a staggering 52,000lb) should have been SEVERELY lowered-there is no way in hell an articulated bus (probably 30-35,000lbs empty) should have been on this old, poorly-maintained, badly-deteriorated bridge!

If it was a hazard, why was it open to traffic?

Incompetence and complacency.

Apparently that bridge passed a safety inspection late last year.

Why can't government tell if a bridge will collapse?

The inspector should be facing prison time.

Maybe the inspection was flawed.
Maybe they should be replaced before they fail and people are hurt or killed.

Notably...the bridge the collapsed one REPLACED dated to 1901.

Especially since the bridge was reported to be in "very poor" condition in 2011. Three years ago, a photo was tweeted out that showed the bridge's cross-bracing was badly corroded and had pulled away from the beam in several places.

BridgeCollapse-7-1643395673.jpg

The bridge should have been closed immediately. MINIMUM, the weight limit (a staggering 52,000lb) should have been SEVERELY lowered-there is no way in hell an articulated bus (probably 30-35,000lbs empty) should have been on this old, poorly-maintained, badly-deteriorated bridge!
Yeah, 2011 there was no way repubics would have approved the money for infrastructure.

Forum List

Back