Yes, I'm a Conservative, But SOME Rent Control IS Necesary

Comfortable, charming and affordable living one mile from the Villages. This 2/1 cozy single wide has a new HVAC, foam over metal roofing, 3 storage sheds, huge covered carport (12x24),a front and back enclosed lanai. She is snuggled on a corner lot, all fenced, already established with a well and septic. This home is yours when you buy, meaning no HOA's, lot rents or someone to tell you what to do with your fur baby! Incredible value for the locale. ALL measurements are approximated and must be verified by agent and buyer. Schedule a view today!

Most of these have HOA's or lot rents. I haven't figured out how to filter those out yet. Real Estate Agents could do that if you contact them. So you would be owning instead of renting so NO ONE can raise your prices again.

Perhaps some on this thread could help look around for Protectionist instead of being assholes.

Actually, it is just the OPPOSITE of that. Current events have made such that opposition to rent control is what has passed. That might have been OK for a few years ago, but Biden and his nationwide illegal alien floods have created an altogether new scenario, in which some rent control is now absolutely necessary, to PROTECT Americans >>

Unless the following scenario is OK with you - All Available rental housing rents are jacked up to astronomical levels. AMERICANS (including those with full-time jobs) are forced out of their homes with nowhere to move to. All previously available rentals are now occupied by illegal aliens crammimg 10 people into a single 2 bdrm apartment or house. Streets are filled with homeless Americans living in tents. Illegals have housing.

Why don't you look into a HUD property for seniors?

No. We have Republican governor, and a statewide ban on rent control. (but those are common in both red & blue states). Doesn't seem to matter about the party. Republicans and Democrats both seem to be oblivious to America's new # 1 CRISIS. Housing.
Life is filled with choices. You choosing to live where costs are high is one of those choices. Where I live lots of good jobs and you can rent a 3 bedroom home with land for $700.

That might have been OK for a few years ago, but Biden and his nationwide illegal alien floods have created an altogether new scenario, in which some rent control is now absolutely necessary, to PROTECT Americans

We need to seal the border and deport 20 million illegal aliens.....to start.

Rent control is just a bad idea.

I posted a link to the HUD site but didn't post to the seniors site. Not sure if that is the same.

I don't know for sure, but I think HUD has properties for over 62 or disabilities. Friend of mine from FL moved into a nice one in Atl. I think her rent is 1/3 her social security check up to $1300, untilities included and less medical/dental expenses.

Anyway, that's what she told me.

Twenty million at 100 per bus load is like 200,000 busses.

We’d better get started on this program.
Why bus them? They walked in, they can get marched out at bayonet.
1636296469835.jpeg

If you want to reduce the illegal immigrant problem, start seriously going after the companies that hire them. Make a few pay big fines and send some CEOs to jail and the reason for the immigrants coming in will evaporate.
Unfortunately for those of that point of view, there is no express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution. Only right-wingers are hypocrites about a federal vaccine mandate.

Unfortunately for those of that point of view, there is no express Immigration clause in our federal Constitution. Only right-wingers are hypocrites about a federal vaccine mandate.

Federal vaccine mandate?? WTF? How does that relate to the topic.

Oh, and whether it is mentioned in the US Constitution or not, it is against the law to hire illegal immigrants.

What you call "original post" was pertaining to an apartment complex that I (and hundreds of others) was forced out of when the landlord raised our rent (for a 1 bedroom apt) from $550/mo. to $900/mo. A 64% increase.

To escape from that, I moved to another place where the rent was much cheaper. Now 2.5 years later, the same thing is happening again. Now, a new owner has taken over here also, and is raising the rent from $600 to $850 (42% increase).

The new owners in the previous complex did not come to their senses. Instead, they tolerated some period of massive vacancies, and now have full occupancy with college students cramming 5 or 6 of them into a 2 bedroom apt, and illegal aliens doing the same thing with 10-12 people per apartment. Whole local society has gone to the dogs.

Well, partly a sign of the times. My home value is up over 65% since I bought it three years ago. Rents in my beach community have gone up equally over the same period of time. But do you REALLY have illegal alien neighbors cramming a dozen illegal aliens into a two bedroom apartment? :rolleyes-41:

I used to be a landlord. I had very specific rules about the number of people allowed to live in my homes and condos written right into the lease. In fact, my tenants were obligated to inform me if they even had a houseguest for over two weeks. I'm sure your leases are the same, so if you're not just making a political point (as I suspect) then you should probably report them.

Btw, I do agree with you about rent control. I never once raised the rent on any of my places until somebody moved out. Most landlords (or even property management companies) would rather keep a good tenant than see them move out and take their chances with somebody else who might be their worst nightmare. *Watch the Michael Keaton movie Pacific Heights - trailer below

My final point is this: The next time you rent, find a place that doesn't involve a property management company and one where you work directly with an owner. PM companies for the most part SUCK.

Last edited:
Federal vaccine mandate?? WTF? How does that relate to the topic.

Oh, and whether it is mentioned in the US Constitution or not, it is against the law to hire illegal immigrants.
lol. Being Legal to the Law not just hypocritical in border threads.

You just post nonsense when ever you get flustered, don't you. Have you ever been tested for autism? Maybe Aspergers?
You need more than fallacy to make that stick, "incompetent right-wingers who need more control than women in abortion threads."

You need more than fallacy to make that stick, "incompetent right-wingers who need more control than women in abortion threads."

The way you post with topics that have nothing to do with the discussion I think I am closer to right than wrong. You continually bring up border issues when discussing your New & Improved Unemployment Compensation. And now in a thread about rent control you suddenly bring up vaccine mandates. There is some neurological connection not being made in your head.

Forum List

Back