You don't need much meat.....just a little...

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO
you don't need to eat any meat at all.

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO
It's easy to do correctly

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.
blues, good for you. I'm good with who I am. I love my meat, I will do what I want. welcome back to america.
Where did I ever tell anyone what to eat?

I will correct false assumptions when they arise but I don't care what anyone else does
seems you are forcing an agenda here. stay with what you like and we'll stay with what we like. I promise, I won't make any attempt to tell anyone what to eat.

No it's you who think I am forcing an agenda.

All I ever said was meat is not necessary. I will correct false assumptions though.

WHat are you so defensive about?
people believing they should force their way on others. stay in your world.

Please quote the exact words.

But you won't because you can't.

So stop fabricating arguments and attributing them to me

All I ever said is meat is not a neccessity in a healthy diet.
Meat is a necessity or doctors would not prescribe things just for dumb vegitarians

What do Doctors prescribe just for vegetarians? Because my Doctor took me off off my blood pressure meds and didn't precribe anything else at my annual physical last month
B12 calcium iron zinc omega 3s and others, these are not found in vegees

B12 isn't made by livestock either.

In fact B12 is the product of bacteria in the soil and livestock are given B12 supplements along with their antibiotics and steroids now.

And in fact there are many plants that contain zinc. A cup of oatmeal contains 21% of the daily recommended value for zinc

Spinach is loaded with iron

Chia seeds flax brussel sprouts and other plants contain omega 3 fatty acids

Do you not realize that everything you think you get eating meat is contained in all the plant matter that the animal eats?

In fact a cow has to be fed 6 kg of plant protein to make 1 kg of dietary protein.

And as I said I haven't been prescribed anything by my doctor because I have given up animal products but rather was taken off my blood pressure medication.

Then the zinc was added to the oatmeal like D is added to milk

We don't need to add vitamin d to milk all we have to do is get outside in the sun.

And is zinc added to wild rice, quinoa, squash and pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, black beans, etc etc etc?

Where do you think the iron , zinc or any other mineral you get from meat comes from?

It comes from the plants fed to the animals
The sun only produces D at a certain point in the sky, and cold climates never do get out there

Most of the crops grown in the world are fed to livestock so we could easily feed everyone without meat.

But why are you making up arguments and attributing them to me?

I never said anything about the entire population going vegan even though it is entirely possible

Haha... okay so you are counting grass as edible vegetation for humans?? Hilarious.
There is a whole world outside of America. Here, yes, we unfortunately feed livestock foods they were never meant to eat just to fatten them up quickly. That is franken-food. And that is not related to what I am saying.
In order to be vegan, you MUST eat vegetation and grains that are grown far-far-far away from your immediate environment. All of those veggies/fruits/grains consume mass energy to both produce and ship. HUUGE swaths of land to grow. Vegetation is NOT the answer for the future.
Insects?.... that is a whole other possibility.

No but grain is.

And a cow has to be fed 6kg of vegetable matter to make 1 kg of protein that is eaten as meat.

The grain we grow in this country to feed livestock could feed 800 million people.

It would take less land not more to feed people a vegan diet.
But no grain has meat amines

We covered this already

There is no such thing as a meat amino acid.

There are 9 essential amino acids and all of them can be provided by a vegan diet.

Most of the crops grown in the world are fed to livestock so we could easily feed everyone without meat.

I never said anything about the entire population going vegan even though it is entirely possible

Haha... okay so you are counting grass as edible vegetation for humans?? Hilarious.
There is a whole world outside of America. Here, yes, we unfortunately feed livestock foods they were never meant to eat just to fatten them up quickly. That is franken-food. And that is not related to what I am saying.
In order to be vegan, you MUST eat vegetation and grains that are grown far-far-far away from your immediate environment. All of those veggies/fruits/grains consume mass energy to both produce and ship. HUUGE swaths of land to grow. Vegetation is NOT the answer for the future.

No but grain is.

And a cow has to be fed 6kg of vegetable matter to make 1 kg of protein that is eaten as meat.

The grain we grow in this country to feed livestock could feed 800 million people.

Geez... are you not aware that feed corn is not the same corn we eat?
And also... people can't just live off of corn. You know how many hectacres it would be to grow enough corn to feed 7.5 billion people? 800 million???.... that is nothing. There is 7.5 billion worldwide.

We eat far too much meat in this nation....I'm not complaining but it's the truth. There are plenty of protein sources that can sustain us with less expense and much less strain to our physical being than meat causes.

Years ago I knew a vegan who suffered from protein deficiency and he refused to take his doctor's advice to have one or two buffalo burgers a month...." That's all you need " he said....but because my friend was a religious Vegan he held out. Eventually he developed a horrible open sore on his nose that made it impossible for him to do his job as a department administrator who had to face dozens of people every day....so after checking with his Maharishi or whoever the hell his spiritual counselor was he decided to do two buffalo burgers a month..... Voila! His sore healed up is a matter of a few weeks and to this day this is all the meat he consumes..

JO

I have been following a fellow named Marcus Rothkranz who is a vegan and a prolific health writer
he is 50 and looks like he's 27. He does say however that should you choose to be a vegan you must do it correctly. That I believe.

JO

I adopted a whole food vegan diet 3 months ago and feel so good I don't think I'll ever go back to eating meat.
blues, good for you. I'm good with who I am. I love my meat, I will do what I want. welcome back to america.

I will correct false assumptions when they arise but I don't care what anyone else does
seems you are forcing an agenda here. stay with what you like and we'll stay with what we like. I promise, I won't make any attempt to tell anyone what to eat.

All I ever said was meat is not necessary. I will correct false assumptions though.

Meat is a necessity or doctors would not prescribe things just for dumb vegitarians

What do Doctors prescribe just for vegetarians? Because my Doctor took me off off my blood pressure meds and didn't precribe anything else at my annual physical last month

In fact B12 is the product of bacteria in the soil and livestock are given B12 supplements along with their antibiotics and steroids now.

And in fact there are many plants that contain zinc. A cup of oatmeal contains 21% of the daily recommended value for zinc

Do you not realize that everything you think you get eating meat is contained in all the plant matter that the animal eats?

In fact a cow has to be fed 6 kg of plant protein to make 1 kg of dietary protein.

And as I said I haven't been prescribed anything by my doctor because I have given up animal products but rather was taken off my blood pressure medication.

We don't need to add vitamin d to milk all we have to do is get outside in the sun.

And is zinc added to wild rice, quinoa, squash and pumpkin seeds, mushrooms, black beans, etc etc etc?

Where do you think the iron , zinc or any other mineral you get from meat comes from?

The sun only produces D at a certain point in the sky, and cold climates never do get out there

And you don't get vitamin d from a cow either. As you said it is added to milk.

No but grain is.

We covered this already

There are 9 essential amino acids and all of them can be provided by a vegan diet.
Lol what planet are you on

JO

JO

Meat advanced human evolution, nothing you can do about this either

So regrow your tail and keep on acting like the monkey that you are

No but grain is.

And also... people can't just live off of corn. You know how many hectacres it would be to grow enough corn to feed 7.5 billion people? 800 million???.... that is nothing. There is 7.5 billion worldwide.

And we can't grow the corn we eat instead of feed corn? We can't use acreage used for grain for something else?

The American way of eating isn't sustainable.

Our cows are fed grain we do not have enough grasslands to feed the number of animals we eat.

Not to mention that our livestock is loaded with drugs and antibiotics so they don't get sick from our farming practices.

Did you know that 80% of all antibiotics used in the world are used on livestock?

No but grain is.

And we can't grow the corn we eat instead of feed corn? We can't use acreage used for grain for something else?

The American way of eating isn't sustainable.

Our cows are fed grain we do not have enough grasslands to feed the number of animals we eat.

Not to mention that our livestock is loaded with drugs and antibiotics so they don't get sick from our farming practices.

Did you know that 80% of all antibiotics used in the world are used on livestock?

No but grain is.

We covered this already

There are 9 essential amino acids that we must ingest.

The body needs 20 different amino acids to maintain good health and normal functioning. People must obtain nine of these amino acids, called the essential amino acids, through food.

No but grain is.

We covered this already

The body needs 20 different amino acids to maintain good health and normal functioning. People must obtain nine of these amino acids, called the essential amino acids, through food.

My wife and I have been on a plant diet for 8 months.
Plants taste like paper; wait! Isn't paper made from trees!
She told the cardiologist and he got back with some spices and syrups that did the trick.

JO

JO

Not the way we eat it now.

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate? And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today

No but grain is.

We covered this already

There is a "soy sauce" on the market that has these amino acids.

It never fails to amaze and amuse me when I say that meat isn't necessary for a healthy diet that people think I am "telling them what to do" or somehow insulting them.

Whyy does that simple statement of fact make you all so defensive?

No but grain is.

We covered this already

There is a "soy sauce" on the market that has these amino acids.
Braggs Liquid Aminos.

But you don't even have to use that

JO

JO

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate? And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today
Prehistoric man began eating meat when he climbed down out of the tree with a spear and ate the carnivore that had previously eaten humans

You climb back up and hide

I like meat.

For gods sakes I've eaten nutria sausage.
We talked about Harrison Ford and his piloting skills.

You see the latest runway mishap?

Oh god no what did he do now?
Not much. Just landed his plane as another was about to land.
Yesterday he taxied across an active runway with a plane on approach. Today it's something different and sounds a lot like a story I told of what happened to me once.
I'm beginning to detect an odor and it aint the smell of roses,

I like meat.

For gods sakes I've eaten nutria sausage.
We talked about Harrison Ford and his piloting skills.

You see the latest runway mishap?

Oh god no what did he do now?
Not much. Just landed his plane as another was about to land.
Yesterday he taxied across an active runway with a plane on approach. Today it's something different and sounds a lot like a story I told of what happened to me once.
I'm beginning to detect an odor and it aint the smell of roses,
"Joe Biden Dementia"

JO

JO

Prehistoric man began eating meat when he climbed down out of the tree with a spear and ate the carnivore that had previously eaten humans

You climb back up and hide
But you won't answer the question I just asked you.

Why is that?

Here I'll ask it again

How much meat do you think prehistoric man ate?

And the meat they ate wasn't the over fattened steroid and antibiotic filled stuff you eat today

No but grain is.

We don't need another 800 million fucking people on this planet. Now I'll have that steak please. Medium rare.

Forum List

Back