YouGov poll: 43% of Republicans could imagine supporting a military coup in the United States

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.

Ahh yes I agree, just like I agree Obama will fail as Bush did in Iraq for the same reasons you listed.

=)

3% of the colonists (actually fighting) was all it took to beat the best army in the world in 1776.
Oh Christ enough of your nauseating bullsht about Colonial times. You people have no concept of what is still relevant in this country.

Right...history doesn't matter..history is boring....what our ancestors did to create this country doesn't matter....

..progressives have to try to demean and diminish the accomplishments of others to soothe their insecurity.
I'm not demeaning their accomplishments. I'm saying that war has no parallel to today. Culturally, technologically, and politically our country has drastically changed. What youre saying is completely emotional.

This was right under the graph the OP shows.

The proportion of the country that would support a military takeover increases when people are asked whether they would hypothetically support the military stepping in to take control from a civilian government which is beginning to violate the constitution. 43% of Americans would support the military stepping in while 29% would be opposed.

The key word in the above is hypothetically.

hypothetically

Adverb
(comparative more hypothetically, superlative most hypothetically)

1. In a hypothetical way; as a hypothesis.
    He offered the proposition hypothetically.
  2. Used to introduce a proposition to discussion without commitment to its truth
    Hypothetically, what would you say if I proposed marriage to you?

Oh Christ enough of your nauseating bullsht about Colonial times. You people have no concept of what is still relevant in this country.

Right...history doesn't matter..history is boring....what our ancestors did to create this country doesn't matter....

..progressives have to try to demean and diminish the accomplishments of others to soothe their insecurity.
I'm not demeaning their accomplishments. I'm saying that war has no parallel to today. Culturally, technologically, and politically our country has drastically changed. What youre saying is completely emotional.

no emotion involved at all....We're on to your attempts at "cultural cleansing" to demean, diminish, revise and/or erase the accomplishments of great people.
..anyone who denies that knowledge of history is important is either joking, dishonest, or a political hyperpartisan.

I've never heard anyone in my life before say that history wasn't important and it was "nauseating bullshit"...are you joking, dishonest or a political hyperpartisan?...because son...history matters.

Ok, this is sad, this is just plain, old sad:

YouGov | Could a coup really happen in the United States?

military1.png

Wow.

"One nation, under G-d, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all".

Just to remind.

-Stat

military1.png

Wow.

Just to remind.

-Stat
So now you want to be the party of God. The same one you idiots voted out of your platform and you now call on that to keep us together? Are you high?

Luckily for us, the US military is much more patriotic than 43% of Republicans!
Yes they are and they are not sworn to protect the government.

But you didn't know that, b/c you never served.

serving in the military doesn't confer any special conditions or knowledge to anybody. Just another former employer on your resume'..

lee harvey oswald "served in the military", too...and he was pretty "special", wasn't he?

get over yourself, Audie Murphy....
For the clearly ignorant, the percent of the military that claims conservative is higher than the civilian population.

do the math, if you can

no emotion involved at all....We're on to your attempts at "cultural cleansing" to demean, diminish, revise and/or erase the accomplishments of great people.
..anyone who denies that knowledge of history is important is either joking, dishonest, or a political hyperpartisan.

I've never heard anyone in my life before say that history wasn't important and it was "nauseating bullshit"...are you joking, dishonest or a political hyperpartisan?...because son...history matters.
I never said it wasn't important. You need to listen.

military1.png

Wow.

Just to remind.

-Stat

military1.png

Wow.

Just to remind.

-Stat
So now you want to be the party of God. The same one you idiots voted out of your platform and you now call on that to keep us together? Are you high?

You don't make much sense. Are you drunk?

"YouGov poll: 43% of Republicans could imagine supporting a military coup in the United States"

What part of Constitutional Republic do many republicans not understand – they're not very good 'republicans.'

The United States is not a democracy, citizens are subject to the rule of law, not 'majority rule'; citizens' rights are inalienable, likewise not subject to 'majority rule.'

Obviously this nonsense is predicated in part on the incorrect perception by many on the right that they suffered 'defeats' at the hands of the Supreme Court during the October 2014 term; this is ignorant, ridiculous nonsense, of course, along with the inane notion that the 'will of the people' is being 'thwarted' by 'dictators in black robes.'

“[US military] officers may have a duty to sieze control of the federal government if the federal government acted against the interest of the country.”

What exactly constitutes acting 'against the interests of the country,' what conservatives perceive to be the 'country's interests' – certainly not.

Indeed, nowhere in the history, text, or case law of the Constitution is there any 'authorization' for a 'military coup,' that republicans might be ignorant of, or have contempt for, our Constitution and the Republic is not 'justification' for a 'military coup' because conservatives aren't getting their way.

I never said it wasn't important. You need to listen.

history matters, son.

Your ignorance regarding the cost of warmongering is your problem.

As far as Iraq goes if you "won" then how come ISIS is currently in charge over there?

Obviously you didn't and your silly kneejerk reaction will be to blame Obama instead.

Bill Clinton attacked Iraq before Bush did...OUCH!

Bush sr went to war against Iraq or have you forgotten all about the first gulf war?

I'm just mocking the left for pretending they had nothing to do with Bush going to war with Iraq and they themselves attacked Iraq for the same reasons Bush did. The left is an endless source of hilarity and contradictions. For example they claim Bush is a blithering idiot yet somehow he managed to convince the Democratic party to support the Iraq war lmao!

Lying to the American people is nothing to be proud of but apparently you have no problem with that.

Lying to Congress is a felony but no one in the Bush jr regime was ever held accountable for doing so.

Probably because Congress was under the feckless control of the Republicans during that dark period in our history.

Wow after 7 years of Obama's actual proven admitted lies you people have some nerve talking about lying. :laugh:

Bush jr and his regime lied this nation into an illegal war that has cost America the lives and limbs of it's finest and trillions of taxpayer dollars.

But being a dishonest extremist rightwinger you have to deflect because you lack the integrity to deal with the truth.

The British lost the war of Independence for the same reason Bush jr lost the Iraq war.

It was simply way too expensive to impose a military "peace" on a place that refused to be occupied by a foreign power.

Ahh yes I agree, just like I agree Obama will fail as Bush did in Iraq for the same reasons you listed.

=)

Which is why Obama refrained from engaging in warmongering because he is smart enough to figure out that it is a lose-lose situation.

For the clearly ignorant, the percent of the military that claims conservative is higher than the civilian population. do the math, if you can
My comment wasn't about conservative vs liberal, but about patriotic vs unpatriotic and the 43% of Republicans who apparently aren't vs a military which overwhelmingly is. How's that math, Benedict?

YAWN

actual left-wingers planted actual bombs that killed actual Americans, in the pursuit of left-wing REVOLUTION. Some of the domestic terrorists are good friends with this Progressive President.

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Forum List

Back