Young males are struggling, and the reasons for that are obvious

I didn't ignore your point I just tweaked it to resemble another similar situation. If the feelings of racist parents don't matter why should the feelings of homophobic ones matter?
It's not a crime to be either, character flaw yes, but nothing there to ignore parental wishes...

It's not a crime to be either, character flaw yes, but nothing there to ignore parental wishes...
Yet you recoiled when I asked you about parents who don't want black people reading to their children. Racism and bigotry might be your right but indoctrinating your children with them should be considered neglect.

Yet you recoiled when I asked you about parents who don't want black people reading to their children. Racism and bigotry might be your right but indoctrinating your children with them should be considered neglect.
Well, that's your opinion. But, the fact is that it isnt...

I think that's exactly right, and I would add this is now including the whole "trans" thing -- which, I'm also guessing, is playing a role in this specific issue. This movement seeks to force normalization and acceptance, and that just flies in the face of human nature. Somehow they don't realize that the way they are choosing to do this only creates resentment and makes things worse.

And again, it's that same lack of understanding that opened the door to Trump and Trumpism.
Trump got the same percentage of the vote as Romney did...

Also, while Trump cranked the usual GOP Racist Dogwhistles up to 11, he really didn't spend any time talking about LGBTQ issues... probably because he knew he'd be going back to NYC after Hillary beat him. He just outsourced that shit to Pence.

So pretty soon, you won't be able to be a Transphobe or a homophobe in polite company.

Just like you can't be a misogynist or a racist in polite company now.

Why do you see this as a bad thing, Vichy Mac?

So pretty soon, you won't be able to be a Transphobe or a homophobe in polite company.

Just like you can't be a misogynist or a racist in polite company now.

Why do you see this as a bad thing, Vichy Mac?
That's a fine goal. But government shouldn't be used as a tool for forcing such changes. That's a big part of why things are so fucked right now. Both parties are all-in on using state power to fight the culture wars.

What are you talking about? The only real issue in your world would be for getting with the program. There is constant resistance to that and endless venom. Tens of trillions of dollars spent, and trillions of dollars of lawsuits awarded over the decades. This cannot and will not last. And we are suffering today.

What are you talking about? The only real issue in your world would be for getting with the program. There is constant resistance to that and endless venom. Tens of trillions of dollars spent, and trillions of dollars of lawsuits awarded over the decades. This cannot and will not last. And we are suffering today.
What are you talking about? 😄

We can start with the ones that equate to neglect. 😁
Well, that's pretty subjective, isn't it? But let's start with the principle behind my question. Do you think government should be in charge of suppressing unpopular biases and opinions?

You're the one denigrating one's skin color....racist.

Well, that's pretty subjective, isn't it? But let's start with the principle behind my question. Do you think government should be in charge of suppressing unpopular biases and opinions?
I think that's a straw man. I think that's what the religion right wants to do because they have a religious objection to homosexuality. I think the government should protect children from harm, including harmful neglect and the standard should be proving neglect to a reasonable jury of your peers. I think I have a better chance of proving neglect in the teachings of racism and homophobia than they do in proving neglect in acceptance.

And now you’re lying about a “list”.

Investigating threats of violence isn’t an “overreaction”. You just don’t want criminals identified because they’re on your side.
Freaked out lib public educators consider any dissent by parents as a “threat”

Do you think government should be in charge of suppressing unpopular biases and opinions?
I think that's a straw man.
Does that mean you're going to dodge the question?
I think that's what the religion right wants to do because they have a religious objection to homosexuality.
Yep. Many different groups are invested in fighting the culture wars via politics and government. Should we indulge them?
I think the government should protect children from harm, including harmful neglect and the standard should be proving neglect to a reasonable jury of your peers.
Uh huh, yeah - "it's for children!" - but it sounds like you think teaching kids ideas and opinions that you don't like should be considered neglect. And illegal.

I think that's a straw man. I think that's what the religion right wants to do because they have a religious objection to homosexuality. I think the government should protect children from harm, including harmful neglect and the standard should be proving neglect to a reasonable jury of your peers. I think I have a better chance of proving neglect in the teachings of racism and homophobia than they do in proving neglect in acceptance.
Nature has an objection to queers. You can't fool Father Nature.

Forum List

Back