Zone1 your subjective truth is not necessarily Truth, period

Don't waste your time writing to ME because I'm not reading anything from you anymore. I've had it (ha ha) with your hideous attitude toward people who....

are not you.

And thank God I'm not

View attachment 1006910
Oh, I will continue writing to you, because you will be corrected when you spout things that are not true and are only intended to inflame divisions in the Body. Go ahead and put me on ignore. That will do two things:

1. What I say in response to you will go unchallenged by you, and everyone will see that.
2. You will still see things I write when people quote me.

Are you sure that's the world you want to live in?

But it is. If you just sit on your hands and do nothing for Christ and his Kingdom, how can you say you love Jesus?

Jesus said "If you love Me you will keep My commandments"

And His commandments involve that 4 letter word: WORK.

It is WORK to care for the needy, those who do not have what many Americans take for granted. It is WORK dealing with heretics (I'm not sure I want to continue with that particular work.. may be hopeless). It is work to go to Mass when maybe you don't like the priest much and etc...... etc..
Jesus opened the Way of Salvation, a Way of living, a Way of eternal life.

Think of it as life being work, of doing. We can do everything in the ways of the world, or we can do everything/live in the way of salvation. Jesus opened that choice to all. What it all boils down to is that Protestants say they do work because they are saved and claim that Catholics do work to earn salvation. They go on and on and on and on and on...ad nauseam.

You haven't a clue what I even mean. You still think I am talking about works when I am talking about salvation. Do you see salvation as work? Is that the problem, that you believe salvation is synonymous with work?
Of course not, and you know that. I believe salvation is a faith thing, and that's clearly laid out in the Bible. OBEDIENCE to Christ's commands is expected. After all, they are commands, are they not? You keep saying salvation is for those who choose to join God's work, yet the Bible is clear that God imputed righteousness to those with faith and no works. I have yet to see you say that salvation is for those who have faith, full stop.

Last edited:

Think of it as life being work, of doing. We can do everything in the ways of the world, or we can do everything/live in the way of salvation. Jesus opened that choice to all. What it all boils down to is that Protestants say they do work because they are saved and claim that Catholics do work to earn salvation. They go on and on and on and on and on...ad nauseam.
You castigate Protestants for going on and on about Catholics. Do you not understand that you do the same thing to Protestants? Do you see me making sweeping claims about Catholics? I try to avoid doing so, yet I see you constantly making such statements about Protestants. Why is that?

They don't even bother to find out what Catholics really believe.. and then they become a keyboard warrior defending Jesus against the evil Catholics, never realizing that the Catholic Church is the ONE Christ founded.. and not caring in any case..

Well, Jesus said there'd be days like this.. ("You will be hated by all because of My name")

But it is. If you just sit on your hands and do nothing for Christ and his Kingdom, how can you say you love Jesus?
That's been my point all along. You can't help yourself when you are born again, it shines through in everything you say and do. You CAN, however, devote yourself to a lifetime of works that gain you precisely nothing with God because you refuse to live in relationship with Him.
Jesus said "If you love Me you will keep My commandments"
That's what I've been saying, you can't help yourself and you WILL start keeping the commandments that contain all the others, Love God and love your neighbor.
And His commandments involve that 4 letter word: WORK.

It is WORK to care for the needy, those who do not have what many Americans take for granted. It is WORK dealing with heretics (I'm not sure I want to continue with that particular work.. may be hopeless). It is work to go to Mass when maybe you don't like the priest much and etc...... etc..
It is joyful work to care for the needy, because God puts His love for them in your heart. It's joyful work dealing with heretics because you get the opportunity to spread the truth. It's joyful work to go to Church even when you don't like the pastor all that much because you don't go for him, you go for Jesus, and you know He will bless you if that pastor is obedient.

They don't even bother to find out what Catholics really believe.. and then they become a keyboard warrior defending Jesus against the evil Catholics, never realizing that the Catholic Church is the ONE Christ founded.. and not caring in any case..
Jesus founded ALL churches that call on His name and obey Him. Are you going to claim the churches founded by the Apostles in Africa and Asia are not true churches? Thus far, you've studiously ignored them.
Well, Jesus said there'd be days like this.. ("You will be hated by all because of My name")
Being disciplined is not much fun, is it?

Of course not, and you know that. I believe salvation is a faith thing, and that's clearly laid out in the Bible. OBEDIENCE to Christ's commands is expected. After all, they are commands, are they not? You keep saying salvation is for those who choose to join God's work, yet the Bible is clear that God imputed righteousness to those with faith and no works. I have yet to see you say that salvation is for those who have faith, full stop.
Salvation is a thing?

You castigate Protestants for going on and on about Catholics. Do you not understand that you do the same thing to Protestants?
No.I.do.not. I've never opened a thread about Protestants. My interactions with Protestants is about defending the Catholic faith, pointing out the differences, not attacking theirs. That is not "doing the same thing to Protestants."

No.I.do.not. I've never opened a thread about Protestants. My interactions with Protestants is about defending the Catholic faith, pointing out the differences, not attacking theirs. That is not "doing the same thing to Protestants."
If something is in error and leads people to Hell, it should be attacked

Forum List

Back