Zimmerman gets 250k for his $500 gun

PredFan , for real bro. Do you really not think George bares any responsibility for that confrontation happening? Okay, you think Martin attacked him first. Fine, that's a different question.

Let's look at it from a different angle. Let's suppose that you are your daughter were walking down the street one night and noticed a guy following you. Let's say you confronted this guy, wanting to know why he was following you and your daughter. Now let's suppose things devolved into a fight and you ended up shooting this guy and killing him.

Now let's say the police arrest you , do you claim that the other guy actually started it because he was stalking you and your daughter? Of course you do.
probably the best analogy i've seen.

and i'm sorry, but i believe that those incapable of seeing it from that perspective are stuck on race.

On the other hand, there are also many liberals who aren't seeing it from the angle of they are two different things happening here.

1. You have a right to confront someone who you feel is stalking you. So , if Trayvon felt Zimmerman was stalking him, he had a right to stop and ask him.

2. What you don't have a right to do is to hit someone if you confront them and don't like the way they respond to being confronted. IOW you can't hit someone who is stalking you and claim self defense. It doesn't work that way because no reasonable person would fear for their safety simply on the basis being stalked.

Now , well never know, but it's doubtful this is what transpired, but just for fun. IF Trayvon was attempting to make a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman for stalking, in THAT case , he would have the right to attempt to subdue him , but you better be damned sure the guy is guilty of the crime you are accusing him of if you make a citizen's arrest. So I doubt that was the case here.

Put simply, this is just another case where many people on BOTH sides have thrown facts right out the fucking window and formed an opinion.
and if zimmerman put his hands on martin? or charged up on him? but like you said, we'll never know.

PredFan , for real bro. Do you really not think George bares any responsibility for that confrontation happening? Okay, you think Martin attacked him first. Fine, that's a different question.

Let's look at it from a different angle. Let's suppose that you are your daughter were walking down the street one night and noticed a guy following you. Let's say you confronted this guy, wanting to know why he was following you and your daughter. Now let's suppose things devolved into a fight and you ended up shooting this guy and killing him.

Now let's say the police arrest you , do you claim that the other guy actually started it because he was stalking you and your daughter? Of course you do.

and i'm sorry, but i believe that those incapable of seeing it from that perspective are stuck on race.

On the other hand, there are also many liberals who aren't seeing it from the angle of they are two different things happening here.

1. You have a right to confront someone who you feel is stalking you. So , if Trayvon felt Zimmerman was stalking him, he had a right to stop and ask him.

2. What you don't have a right to do is to hit someone if you confront them and don't like the way they respond to being confronted. IOW you can't hit someone who is stalking you and claim self defense. It doesn't work that way because no reasonable person would fear for their safety simply on the basis being stalked.

Now , well never know, but it's doubtful this is what transpired, but just for fun. IF Trayvon was attempting to make a citizen's arrest of Zimmerman for stalking, in THAT case , he would have the right to attempt to subdue him , but you better be damned sure the guy is guilty of the crime you are accusing him of if you make a citizen's arrest. So I doubt that was the case here.

Put simply, this is just another case where many people on BOTH sides have thrown facts right out the fucking window and formed an opinion.
and if zimmerman put his hands on martin? or charged up on him? but like you said, we'll never know.
If and buts......= bs

No responsibility at all. You can't claim stalking or else every neighborhood watch program would be ended. Even if you could claim it, it's no reason for Martin to attack Zimmerman.

In your made up scenario, it would not end in a fight because if I noticed someone following me, I'd confront him and get to the bottom of it. That person would ask me what I was doing, I would tell him and then be on my way. Martin did no such thing, in fact Martin actually made it home, then went out and hunted GZ down. That is what the witnesses said in court. So your scenarios would not have happened. The only way I would have shot him is if he attacked me or my daughter. GZ wasn't going to attack Martin, only question him.

And your final point is moot.
again, you do not know what zimmerman did or did not do, nor do you know his intentions.

No responsibility at all. You can't claim stalking or else every neighborhood watch program would be ended. Even if you could claim it, it's no reason for Martin to attack Zimmerman.

In your made up scenario, it would not end in a fight because if I noticed someone following me, I'd confront him and get to the bottom of it. That person would ask me what I was doing, I would tell him and then be on my way. Martin did no such thing, in fact Martin actually made it home, then went out and hunted GZ down. That is what the witnesses said in court. So your scenarios would not have happened. The only way I would have shot him is if he attacked me or my daughter. GZ wasn't going to attack Martin, only question him.

So, to be clear you know that if you confronted someone it wouldn't end in a fight? Do you have next week's lotto numbers as well?

The only way it would end in a fight is if the stalker attacked me. Yes I know that for a fact. You asked a serious question, I gave you a serious answer and all you can do is respond childishly. Figures.

So, to be clear you know that if you confronted someone it wouldn't end in a fight? Do you have next week's lotto numbers as well?

The only way it would end in a fight is if the stalker attacked me. Yes I know that for a fact. You asked a serious question, I gave you a serious answer and all you can do is respond childishly. Figures.
what makes you think that couldn't happen?

To me the physical evidence suggests that George's story about who hit who is correct. Plus, the guy is obviously a cowardly blowhard. I can TOTALLY believe Martin hit him first and was kicking his ass and he had to go for his gun rather than attempting to hit the kid back.

And THAT is why he wasn't guilty of any of the charges preferred. But CLEARLY he stalked that kid.

I've been followed...stepped into the subway shop called the cops.....cop shows up says go on your way while I detain and question the other guy......end of story........wow that was hard

No, but it does mean people with a life accept the verdict and move on with said life.

That being said, I'll say this, I believe George should have been culpable at some level and wasn't for one reason. Juries are getting tired of what they see to be overzealous prosecutions and are using the only tool they have to reject such. Acquittals. Sometimes even in cases where there is SOME level of culpability, juries are saying "fuck this, these prosecutors need to start going after REAL criminals"

GZ reasonably could have been charged with second degree manslaughter or excessive use of force, but the jury was not givne those options, were they?

Personally, I dont see GZ as guilty of a god damned thing other than being an unlucky bastard.

Oh, of the options presented to the jury, you're damned right he wasn't guilty. If I were the prosecutor, I would have charged him with stalking. A first degree misdemeanor under Florida law.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Six months in jail would not have been out of line for George's part in causing an incident that need not to have happened.
which he absolutely did. aggravated stalking might not be out of line either.

I agree, but the evidence DOES suggest that the jury ruled correctly on the charges proffered.
agreed. the state did not make their case.

i think there is a problem with the law though when you can follow someone looking for confrontation and end up getting off scott-free because you killed the only other witness.

self defense or not that type of behavior should be punished.
Self defense or not? You must be worthless then.

Again, assume he did hit you first, but you killed him, so he isn't there to defend himself. So we have the word of you and your daughter.. I ask again, wouldn't you claim he started the entire thing, FIRST by following you, then by hitting you when provoked? And yes, I believe Trayvon hit Martin first, but that is irrelevant b/c we don't KNOW for a fact.

What we DO know is that if George hadn't been following Martin, Martin wouldn't have confronted him. We absolutely know that.

To me the physical evidence suggests that George's story about who hit who is correct. Plus, the guy is obviously a cowardly blowhard. I can TOTALLY believe Martin hit him first and was kicking his ass and he had to go for his gun rather than attempting to hit the kid back.

And THAT is why he wasn't guilty of any of the charges preferred. But CLEARLY he stalked that kid.
see i can see it the other way. he thought he was being a badass and knew he had a gun. he put his hands on martin and quickly found out he'd bit off more than he could chew.

let's be honest, zimmerman has shown himself to be something of a hot head.

but we will never know for sure.

No, Zimmerman got some justice. Not for defending himself against Martin, but for having his life destroyed for no reason.
How is that justice?

Well, in many ways actually but he can't get a job because of the racist violent leftists that will threaten anyone who hires him. Now, at least for a little while, he won't have to.

Typical RWNJ, always whining, never taking responsibility for your own acts.

gz can't get a job because he went hunting one night, followed, stalked and killed someone who was minding their business.

The trial was a crime in itself, as is the "permission to murder" law. But, even though gz got away with murder, he did not get away with the killing.

Deal with it.

Again, assume he did hit you first, but you killed him, so he isn't there to defend himself. So we have the word of you and your daughter.. I ask again, wouldn't you claim he started the entire thing, FIRST by following you, then by hitting you when provoked? And yes, I believe Trayvon hit Martin first, but that is irrelevant b/c we don't KNOW for a fact.

What we DO know is that if George hadn't been following Martin, Martin wouldn't have confronted him. We absolutely know that.

No. I would say, and correctly, that he attacked me and I had to protect myself.

All of the witnesses and forensic evidence supports GZ's claim the Martin hit him first. There is no evidence at all that GZ ever hit Martin. Fact.

It is absolutely irrelevant that GZ followed Martin.

No, Zimmerman got some justice. Not for defending himself against Martin, but for having his life destroyed for no reason.
How is that justice?

Well, in many ways actually but he can't get a job because of the racist violent leftists that will threaten anyone who hires him. Now, at least for a little while, he won't have to.

Typical RWNJ, always whining, never taking responsibility for your own acts.

gz can't get a job because he went hunting one night, followed, stalked and killed someone who was minding their business.

The trial was a crime in itself, as is the "permission to murder" law. But, even though gz got away with murder, he did not get away with the killing.

Deal with it.

Oh look! The lying racist shows up. Go fuck yourself with a cactus, retard.

Where is your proof that he had to defend himself again Zimmerman? There is plenty of physical evidence that points to the opposite, hence the "not guilty" verdict.
there is proof that at one point martin had the upper hand, that is all.
There is more evidence than that. Either you don't know the facts or you're ignoring them.
there is no evidence that shows martin attacked zimmerman. no witnesses, no evidence. none.

what is hard about that?
Zimmerman knuckles didn't have a mark on them. Trayvons knuckles showed many signs of hitting zimmerman. Trayvon didn't have a single mark on his face or anywhere, while Zimmerman had many signs of being attacked.

Youre using the word "stalking", but following isn't stalking. Quit trying to distort the facts.

I posted a link to the Florida Stalking Statute. What you think, feel, or believe is irrelevant. Zimmerman CLEARLY could have been charged with stalking.

For God's sakes man, a kid is dead because George followed him until the situation escalated into a gun being drawn.
Apparently the state disagrees with your silly interpretation, hence the reason he was never charged with stalking.

No. I would say, and correctly, that he attacked me and I had to protect myself.

All of the witnesses and forensic evidence supports GZ's claim the Martin hit him first.
there are no witnesses or forensic evidence supporting the claim that martin hit zimmerman first.

Forum List

Back