🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

1 in 6 Draw Welfare in Predominantly Red States

Heard of a guy in East Texas who had 100% disability and was making more than 200K a year running several night clubs.

SSI is a scam for many in East Texas, yes.
Under ssi laws you can't work but you can own anything.
Untrue, you can make money while on SSI around 14k a year before they start deducting from SSI, and in 9 months of over the limit SSI stops completely.
My SSI checks are more then 14k a year easy.
Mine also, but if I earn more than 14k, It will be reduced and if I do it for 9 months it goes away..

Go ahead. Get rid of social security. Tens of millions who need it because of the ridiculous moronic low wages they received would work until death. Says something ominous and rotten about the SUPPOSED greatest nation on earth. Emphasis on supposed. The land of the rich for the rich...america.
The government is trying to make sure you die before getting benefits. WTF do you think they keep raising the retirement age for? They won't even let you use a 401k before they think you should have died.

The thing is if we want to keep these programs, they need to keep increasing contributions or it will eventually fail. I can't remember the last time they raised our SS or Medicare deductions. No program can survive if it keeps paying out more and more every year, and no additional funds coming in.
Dead on. Congress has to refund the monies that it has taken from the programs. The fix is easy.

Go ahead. Get rid of social security. Tens of millions who need it because of the ridiculous moronic low wages they received would work until death. Says something ominous and rotten about the SUPPOSED greatest nation on earth. Emphasis on supposed. The land of the rich for the rich...america.
The government is trying to make sure you die before getting benefits. WTF do you think they keep raising the retirement age for? They won't even let you use a 401k before they think you should have died.

The thing is if we want to keep these programs, they need to keep increasing contributions or it will eventually fail. I can't remember the last time they raised our SS or Medicare deductions. No program can survive if it keeps paying out more and more every year, and no additional funds coming in.
Dead on. Congress has to refund the monies that it has taken from the programs. The fix is easy.
Except there's no money

Who benefit's from these funds? Not you the individual. They take a portion of your pay over your entire working life for what they claim is you but then make sure you never get it. Why do we want to keep these programs?

Why not give it back to the people that paid it?

You are libertarian, right?

Pretty much. So?

Republicans will do nothing for the poor.

HUH?
It's Republicans (and a few DemonCrat elites) whom are funding the poor. Republican church groups all over the nation bend over backwards helping "the poor".
DemonCrats by and large don't DO shit for "the poor" they simply talk about it and demand more from Republicans in helping "the poor".
The Left assures the poor that they are not in control of their own destiny. They convince the poor that their situation was predetermined and that they themselves can do nothing about it. The Left teaches complacency and acclimation in poverty by providing the excuses and coddling.
The Right seeks to convince the poor that they are in charge and they can do something about their situation. They use proven methods, which force true resolve and change through teaching accountability and responsibility.
If this nations district leaders weren't all ghetto minded trash themselves and poverty stricken districts were ran by Ben Carson types we'd see major changes in our numbers...which would mean less votes for DemonCrats.
This is all simple shit.
A government which relies on church charities to feed the poor has abdicated its responsibility.

Funny, The right are hypercrites...

Why do they vote to fuck themselves over? Oh'yess, because of god, guns and abortion. lol Hell, they don't really fight for freedom as they support being the most imprisoned nation on gods earth.

Cutting your throats is dumb.

HUH?
It's Republicans (and a few DemonCrat elites) whom are funding the poor. Republican church groups all over the nation bend over backwards helping "the poor".
DemonCrats by and large don't DO shit for "the poor" they simply talk about it and demand more from Republicans in helping "the poor".
The Left assures the poor that they are not in control of their own destiny. They convince the poor that their situation was predetermined and that they themselves can do nothing about it. The Left teaches complacency and acclimation in poverty by providing the excuses and coddling.
The Right seeks to convince the poor that they are in charge and they can do something about their situation. They use proven methods, which force true resolve and change through teaching accountability and responsibility.
If this nations district leaders weren't all ghetto minded trash themselves and poverty stricken districts were ran by Ben Carson types we'd see major changes in our numbers...which would mean less votes for DemonCrats.
This is all simple shit.
A government which relies on church charities to feed the poor has abdicated its responsibility.

The church doesn't even do 1/50th what government can and really can't. They maybe able to provide a meal but the other 90% of the time the person hungry or homeless is fucked.

Government must do it.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

That must have been some time ago. My one tenant just got it last year, and it took her about three months before her first check. She didn't even hire a lawyer, she did it all herself.
Took me about a year and that was about 15 years ago.
What the hell? It took my wife four years.
Took my mother 2 years. I applied once and was denied....just left it at that...2 years later applied was denied,appealed and was approved several months later. As it is literally my entire check goes to pay the rent.
Private landlords do well in capitalist countries.

Pretty much. So?
Thank you. I will factor that in.

Last edited:
Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

My sister went legally blind when her retinas started detaching. It still took years for her get SS disability.

Are there people gaming the system? Maybe. But the real problem is that since the labor market is controlled by employer need and not workers needs, a lot of these people could work somewhere, it's just no one wants to hire them.

I am sincerely sorry for your sister and the years to get SS disability. Clearly a function of bureaucratic inefficiency. As per your comment on the labor market, the market is not controlled by the employer. The employer reacts to the market. Show me an employer devoid of egregious government regulation, unreasonable Union demands, and arbitrary wage demands that is choosing not to hire.

Again, I don't think anyone wants to deny a legitimately disabled person some benefits but when the government doesn't saddle up for any of the claims, it looks as though people are taking advantage. Especially in the red states.

Are there people gaming the system? Maybe. But the real problem is that since the labor market is controlled by employer need and not workers needs, a lot of these people could work somewhere, it's just no one wants to hire them.

I am sincerely sorry for your sister and the years to get SS disability. Clearly a function of bureaucratic inefficiency. As per your comment on the labor market, the market is not controlled by the employer. The employer reacts to the market. Show me an employer devoid of egregious government regulation, unreasonable Union demands, and arbitrary wage demands that is choosing not to hire.
As long as a person's labor can be exploited by a company, he will get hired.

Pretty much. So?
Thank you. I will factor that in.
Ok then. I'm looking forward to your epic reply.

Funny, The right are hypercrites...

Why do they vote to fuck themselves over? Oh'yess, because of god, guns and abortion. lol Hell, they don't really fight for freedom as they support being the most imprisoned nation on gods earth.

Cutting your throats is dumb.

The larger the government--the smaller the citizen. Any government that's large enough to give you everything you want is large enough to take everything you have.

HUH?
This is all simple shit.

Where is it written the government is in charge of feeding the poor?

HUH?
This is all simple shit.

Where is it written the government is in charge of feeding the poor?
In a democracy, the electorate deserve the government policies they get.
In civilized countries, social programs are written in party manifestos.

Who benefit's from these funds? Not you the individual. They take a portion of your pay over your entire working life for what they claim is you but then make sure you never get it. Why do we want to keep these programs?

If you are a middle-class person and live the average lifespan, you get more than what you put in. But Democrats and Republicans alike don't want to get rid if these programs. As for myself, I would rather have that money and invest it myself, but since I'm in the minority, then if people want these programs, they have to fund them.

Government fears that if they keep taking more for these programs to sustain them, the people will turn against them and demand we see an end to them. So they let these funds drain and drain and drain, and when there is no money left for those after us, it's their problem.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back