14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

The irony of this whole thing is there is a statue of a man holding a rifle right in front of the school as you enter.

i don't know what kind of ruckus he caused but why is it so many school administrators today resort to arrests by the police and charging young students with crimes and sending them to prison.....when did this become the norm....?

also i don't know what the school rules are regarding the wearing of printed messages but if other students are allowed to make political statements on clothing i don't see his being out of line....

or maybe it was the picture of the GUN (oh horrors!) that made the school administrators wet their pants....it's time to bring some common sense back into our public schools....

i don't know what kind of ruckus he caused but why is it so many school administrators today resort to arrests by the police and charging young students with crimes and sending them to prison.....when did this become the norm....?

also i don't know what the school rules are regarding the wearing of printed messages but if other students are allowed to make political statements on clothing i don't see his being out of line....

or maybe it was the picture of the GUN (oh horrors!) that made the school administrators wet their pants....it's time to bring some common sense back into our public schools....

1: Because parents teach their children to have nothing but contempt for school authorities, the students are far more agressive and even violent toward administrators and teachers. In order to prevent a violent altercation, the school authorities are compelled to call the police.

2. Because most schools nowadays, in the US, have a zero tolerance policy about guns: a result of the many school shootings.

3. Common sense is that if you go to a public school, you follow the school rules or go to school somewhere else.

Since the story gave no real details all those that want to slice their wrists over this may.

Every NRA member should proudly serve a year in jail to support their second amendment rights

Shows commitment to a cause

Every school, public or parochial, I've ever been involved with have never allowed printed messages on shirts. NRA shirts are especially provacative in light of recent school shootings, etc..

Some of you Repubs need sensitivity training.

Like true Patriots, NRA members should proudly serve time in jail to support their cause

Last edited:
Let's see what the schools dress code is first, which every student and parent signs at the beginning of the school year.

If the schools dress code has anything about "Controversial" content, this student is wrong because the Second Amendment is controversial.

I don't know why it's controversial, but it is. I doubt it's in the dress code though, so we'll see what comes of this.

1: Because parents teach their children to have nothing but contempt for school authorities, the students are far more agressive and even violent toward administrators and teachers. In order to prevent a violent altercation, the school authorities are compelled to call the police.
a few might but i'm sure most don't....i see the problem due more to the distancing of parents from real school input.....because big government and school unions have taken over....and they are now dictating what does or doesn't go on.....

2. Because most schools nowadays, in the US, have a zero tolerance policy about guns: a result of the many school shootings.
like i said.....we need common sense in this matter...

3. Common sense is that if you go to a public school, you follow the school rules or go to school somewhere else
yet i doubt you support school vouchers so they can go somewhere else...

Every school, public or parochial, I've ever been involved with have never allowed printed messages on shirts. NRA shirts are especially provacative in light of recent school shootings, etc..

Give me a year in jail to think that one over...

Of course gun enthusiasts don't mind their kids taking the heat for their gun causes. His parents should be ashamed.

I could see a problem with a shirt with a picture of some guy shooting kids in a school being worn by some kid in Newtown or Columbine, but a shirt with "Protect your rights" and a picture of a gun being worn in West Virginia or Kentucky?

People need to stop making mountains out of mole hills in this country. There's way to much over exaggeration going on and it needs to stop.

Since schools came into being, schools have always made rules regarding student's clothes, behavior, scholastic endeavors and so forth. Many of the rules were made under the state's loco parentis laws. But as more and more students and parents challenge these school rules, with law suits and so forth schools have been relying more and more on police enforcement of its rules. It's a bind for schools, if they have rules and try to enforce them they can be sued, if they do not have rules and enforce them they can be sued. Perhaps the states should abolish loco parentis and allow the students to use their so called constitutional rights to do as they want, when they want, how they want, and use local police forces to take on the role of enforcing just the local and state laws?

I could see a problem with a shirt with a picture of some guy shooting kids in a school being worn by some kid in Newtown or Columbine, but a shirt with "Protect your rights" and a picture of a gun being worn in West Virginia or Kentucky?

People need to stop making mountains out of mole hills in this country. There's way to much over exaggeration going on and it needs to stop.

It doesn't have to be that explicit to be extremely offensive.

Let them concentrate on learning, not guns and killing. Our kids are smarter than that.

Of course gun enthusiasts don't mind their kids taking the heat for their gun causes. His parents should be ashamed.

yeah those bad bad gun enthusiasts.....of course you liberals never allow your politics to show up in the schools....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_l8KK3gGxQ]School Kids Taught to Praise Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Every NRA member should proudly serve a year in jail to support their second amendment rights

Every control freak gun grabber should serve 10 for conspiracy to violate the civil rights of gun owners.

When they gained the right to tell students that they can't wear nose rings, or saggy pants, or have brightly colored hair.

If those are the rules, those are the rules, but they have no rule that says you can't wear a T-shirt with a slogan on it.

The slogan isn't the issue, the picture of a gun is.

Not saying I agree with this rule in particular, but a school has the right to police a dress code.

Most schools I know have dress code rules against any clothing, depictions, etc. showing gang images, of a sexual nature, alcohol, drugs, or weapons. IF there is a gun on the t-shirt, it falls in that range. Most schools have stand by t-shirts for the kids to change to..make them wear their PE shirt or make them turn it inside out.

Every control freak gun grabber should serve 10 for conspiracy to violate the civil rights of gun owners.

All talk no action
Why aren't NRA members willing to sacrifice for their cause?

Martin Luther King went to jail for his cause.....why wouldn't an NRA member?

Forum List

Back