14 year old boy to get year in jail for wearing NRA T-shirt

I assume this many pages in its been established that he is not "getting jail time for wearing an NRA t-shirt".

Every NRA member should proudly serve a year in jail to support their second amendment rights

Shows commitment to a cause

Every control freak gun grabber should serve 10 for conspiracy to violate the civil rights of gun owners.

All talk no action
Why aren't NRA members willing to sacrifice for their cause?

Martin Luther King went to jail for his cause.....why wouldn't an NRA member?

How the fuck would I know what an NRA member would or would not do?

I don't give a shit about them but I do give a shit about people conspiring to violate my rights.

I assume this many pages in its been established that he is not "getting jail time for wearing an NRA t-shirt".

this time maybe....

the very fact that our schools are bringing in the cops to arrest and handcuff children is indicative of a serious problem.....and it's NOT because some child wore an unapproved t-shirt...

this time maybe....

the very fact that our schools are bringing in the cops to arrest and handcuff children is indicative of a serious problem.....and it's NOT because some child wore an unapproved t-shirt...

Right, it's because he refused to follow the established policy and change shirts or turn it inside out. He was never put in jail and was released to his mother after 30 min, as is typical in juvenile cases.

Do I think the kid should be charged with a crime? No.
Do I think the school had the right to tell him to change his shirt? Yes.

Do I think you guys are being particularly histrionic when claiming that the kid is going to be locked up? Abso-fucking-lutely.

You don't think he should be charged with a crime, because he's done nothing wrong.

But you think the school has the right to tell him to change his shirt, because he's done something wrong.

That is a contradiction, and thus fails logic.
------------------------
Let's go to logic 101.

Statement X = True
Statement Y = False

Statement ~X = False (not X)
Statement ~Y = True (not Y).

A = and
V = or
--> = if ... then (conditional)
<--> = if and only if (bi-conditional)

T = True, F = False.

T A T = T, T A F = False, F A T = False, F A F = false
T V T = true, T V F = true, F V T = True, F V F = false

Now that we've got that out of the way:

Statement X = He did something wrong.

Your claim is X A ~X = true

However, if X = True, then ~X = False, therefore the statement

X A ~X = T A F

Which is always false.

True (and) False = False.

That is a contradiction.

Fuck off Statist pig.

Anyone with a 5th grade education can tell the difference between laws and school policies. And you.....?

Let's see what the schools dress code is first, which every student and parent signs at the beginning of the school year.

If the schools dress code has anything about "Controversial" content, this student is wrong because the Second Amendment is controversial.

I don't know why it's controversial, but it is. I doubt it's in the dress code though, so we'll see what comes of this.

Is the dress code being enforced equally, among all students? Make sure you read the last paragraph of the below quote:

"How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all"

Now, what is the difference between the two? How does one determine whether a law is just or unjust? A just law is a man-made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God. An unjust law is a code that is out of harmony with the moral law. To put it in the terms of St. Thomas Aquinas: An unjust law is a human law that is not rooted in eternal law and natural law. Any law that uplifts human personality is just. Any law that degrades human personality is unjust. All segregation statutes are unjust because segregation distorts the soul and damages the personality. It gives the segregator a false sense of superiority and the segregated a false sense of inferiority. Segregation, to use the terminology of the Jewish philosopher Martin Buber, substitutes an "I-it" relationship for an "I-thou" relationship and ends up relegating persons to the status of things. Hence segregation is not only politically, economically and sociologically unsound, it is morally wrong and awful. Paul Tillich said that sin is separation. Is not segregation an existential expression 'of man's tragic separation, his awful estrangement, his terrible sinfulness? Thus it is that I can urge men to obey the 1954 decision of the Supreme Court, for it is morally right; and I can urge them to disobey segregation ordinances, for they are morally wrong.

Let us consider a more concrete example of just and unjust laws. An unjust law is a code that a numerical or power majority group compels a minority group to obey but does not make binding on itself. This is difference made legal. By the same token, a just law is a code that a majority compels a minority to follow and that it is willing to follow itself. This is sameness made legal.

---Martin Luther King

That is correct....he got a one day suspension...and was arrested for causing a disturbance. But it would appear that many here do not have a problem with an NRA member disturbing the school process.....just blame the teachers if the kids don't learn. :D

That is correct....he got a one day suspension...and was arrested for causing a disturbance. But it would appear that many here do not have a problem with an NRA member disturbing the school process.....just blame the teachers if the kids don't learn. :D

Read the post above yours.

If the school has a stated policy of no gun images then the kid is in the wrong.
If they do not have such policy, then they should make one if that is what they want to do.
This is typical boneheaded thinking of school administrators who allowed this to escalate. If they were that concerned then if the child refused then I would have given him a choice of turning it inside out or sitting alone in a room all day and not allowed to make up for graded materials on that day.
But no, once again some power whore school admin escalates the situation to absurdity.

this time maybe....

Its school policy to call the police should a situation escalate. If parents don't like that policy than they should change it.

this time maybe....

Its school policy to call the police should a situation escalate. If parents don't like that policy than they should change it.

we have no idea why or how much this incident 'escalated'.....why is it grownup administrators can't handle the protestations of a 14 year old....?

this time maybe....

we have no idea why or how much this incident 'escalated'.....why is it grownup administrators can't handle the protestations of a 14 year old....?

They did

Welcome to obama's America.

Keeping those young whippersnappers in line
Nothing teaches you to respect authority like a year in jail

"I got my mind right boss......I got my mind right"

They did

oh i forgot.......government control is mandatory.....mustn't do things by oneself anymore....

i bet they didn't call the parents...(until after)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back