18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

Florida teen charged in relationship with minor mulls plea deal - TODAY.com

The plea deal offered would keep her out of jail, however it would mean she would be a convicted felon, have to wear an ankle monitor for 2 years, have to register as a sex offender, and have to attend meetings with actual sex offenders.

The family has until tomorrow to decide to accept or go to trial.

I'd fight it if I were her parents.

I'm not sure what Id do .... Worse case, fighting could lead to her spending time in prison, but being a convicted felon and a registered sex offender ruins her life as well. ...

This needs to be visable and get the word out...put the younger girl's parents on the stand.

I'd fight it if I were her parents.

I'm not sure what Id do .... Worse case, fighting could lead to her spending time in prison, but being a convicted felon and a registered sex offender ruins her life as well. ...

This needs to be visable and get the word out...put the younger girl's parents on the stand.

Why? what did they do wrong but try to protect thier child from a lesbian predator. :cool:

How hard is it to tell young adults not to have sex with underage children? Is it that they can't understand? Or, that we expect them to be so biologically driven that they shouldn't be expected to understand?

I was driven so mad with desire that I lost all reason is never going to be a valid defense to any crime. If we keep treating children as animals when they are still malleable, it should not be a surprise that they grow into fully adult animals.

How has that worked over the centuries?

It actually worked quite well. At one time pretty much everyone knew what jailbait was. Men were not only put in prison, but had some of the victim's fathers, uncles and brothers to make criminal prosecution unnecessary. Rape a 14 year old could get a man horsewhipped, in public, with a cheering crowd. Or, married. That happened too.

Now we have female rapists, because female on female rape is supposed to be an acceptable evolution of sexual predators.

Why? what did they do wrong but try to protect thier child from a lesbian predator. :cool:

One of Hunt's assertions is that the parents knew of the relationship and fully approved.

A predator? :lol:

Well if it goes to trial I assume they'd have to call the 15 year old to testify... Idk about her parents...

Are the parents on trial for something? What are the charges against them? Trying to keep a predator away from their daughter. That's what they did wrong.

"Judge my parents wouldn't let me have sex with an older girl".

Yeah, use that.

I think trying to label this girl as a predator is silly. There is zero evidence she dated younger teens in the past.

Hell I'm not even sure you can label her a lesbian, this is her 1st girlfriend.

How many victims would it take for her to be a predator?

This is one of the reasons why the Boy Scouts should never allow gay scouts into their ranks. It just gives predators more access to children.

Well if it goes to trial I assume they'd have to call the 15 year old to testify... Idk about her parents...

Are the parents on trial for something? What are the charges against them? Trying to keep a predator away from their daughter. That's what they did wrong.

Yeah, use that.

If the teen chooses to go to trail, really the only thing she could argue is she doesn't deserve the felony charges but lesser charges. Maybe they'd argue this is a vendetta because the 15 year olds parents don't like gay people.

That is for the court to decide, is it not?

A court will decide whether or not Hunt is guilty of lewd and lacivious battery on a minor. There is no defense. When found guilty, or pleads guilty, she will receive the same treatment any other sexual predator. While not a cure, since there is no real cure for sex offenders, it might help her control her urges.

A court will decide whether or not Hunt is guilty of lewd and lacivious battery on a minor. There is no defense. When found guilty, or pleads guilty, she will receive the same treatment any other sexual predator. While not a cure, since there is no real cure for sex offenders, it might help her control her urges.

:rolleyes:

You have serious skill in turning a molehill into a mountain.

I believe it is written somewhere in the thead that the relationship started when one was 13 and the other 17. In any case, in all honesty, for those who have children, how happy, content, and/or comfortable would you be with your 13-14, even 15, year old child being in a serious, romantic/sexual relationship with a kid 3-4 years older? I would not be at all happy about it, and I don't think it is healthy. Same age, or 1-2 years age difference would be what I would consider as healthy and reasonable. I am very familiar with teenagers and a high school freshman as opposed to a senior: there is a lot of difference in maturity and 'life experience.'

BTW I remember reading about a study that showed the earlier young women have sex, the more likely they are to get married young, have children, often before marriage, end up as young, single, divorced mothers, and to forego higher education. No matter how mature or cool a teenage girl feels about being sexually free at a young age, it doesn't bode well for her future. I am not moralistic about this. My position and perspective have to do with the mental and emotional health of the child and of his or her prospects for the future.

I don't think it's about how much we as parents would approve. It's about whether 2 felony charges and 15 years in jail is an appropriate punishment for a girl who dated a fellow high school student.

One thing I want to note is people quoting "2 felony counts and 15 years." That is probably the worst case scenario based on the charges brought. I guarnatee, like any other situation similar to this, if she plead out she would get much more reduced charges, likely a misdemeanor and minimal if any jail time.

She broke the law. Best course is to get some deal and be done with it.

I agree. I think they could plea bargain to a low grade felony with reduced misdemeanor treatment after successful completion of probation, counseling, and community service. Perhaps even the possibility of expunging her record after a period of time. Punishment beyond that in this case is overkill IMHO.

:rolleyes:

You have serious skill in turning a molehill into a mountain.

President of the US having oral with an Intern half his age... Hero of the Democrat Party. Female teenager doing the same thing with another teen 7/9th her age... sexual predator guilty of lacivious battery for which there is no cure.

Last edited:

Yeah, use that.

So...the accusers don't have to testify? The accused doesn't get to face her accusers anymore? Doesn't get to cross examine them anymore?

Forum List

Back