1st Capitol rioter to stand trial gets 7 years, the longest sentence for a Jan. 6 defendant so far

"Reffitt’s son, Jackson Reffitt, previously discussed on CNN how he turned in his father to the FBI. The son has since left the family’s home, essentially disappearing and living in what the Justice Department calls an undisclosed location. His sister said in court on Monday that her father and brother had long had a strained relationship because of political tension."

" The daughter also had testified about her father to a grand jury, according to Monday’s proceedings."

“He’s not a violent person. He just says things. He talks a lot. … That’s just him being a drama queen,” she said at the hearing. “I wasn’t in fear, I guess. It was annoying in a way.”

This is a case of government using one's own kid to punish a man for his political views, clearly. Notice how most of the media buries his daughter's testimony?
So you think it’s okay to threaten to kill your kids.

So you think it’s okay to threaten to kill your kids.
Apparently one of the kids did not feel threatened, only the one that disagreed with his father's political views, (the one that stabbed his father in the back) felt 'threatened.' This is a family dispute between a father and his son. Apparently the father did not actually shoot and kill his children. It's shameful they are trying to use it to put this man in jail for 7 years.

I recall a personally employed civilian bodyguard for Ted Kennedy arrested trying to get into the Senate office building armed with several weapons including one fully automatic. The charges were dropped.

Apparently one of the kids did not feel threatened, only the one that disagreed with his father's political views, (the one that stabbed his father in the back) felt 'threatened.' This is a family dispute between a father and his son. Apparently the father did not actually shoot and kill his children. It's shameful they are trying to use it to put this man in jail for 7 years.
Actually it is a felony. It’s gross that you’d stick up for someone who threatened to kill his own children. Is this a contest as to how pathetic you can get?

I have no issue with him spending time in jail, but seven years is ridiculous. According to what I'm reading, this man never committed any physical violence. Give him six months, maybe a year, but seven, no. This smells of political persecution to me.
Never happy, are you?
The left keeps screaming about guns while they continue to elect prosecutors who refuse to prosecute gun crimes.

Actually it is a felony. It’s gross that you’d stick up for someone who threatened to kill his own children. Is this a contest as to how pathetic you can get?
No, according to SCOTUS that would not constitute a 'true threat' mainly because one party did not believe the threat was credible (the daughter). This was nothing more than a family spat fueled by political rhetoric.

No, according to SCOTUS that would not constitute a 'true threat' mainly because one party did not believe the threat was credible (the daughter). This was nothing more than a family spat fueled by political rhetoric.
The daughter wasn’t the only one involved. The son felt threatened. Therefore it was a true threat.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Yeah, c'mon Marener, do Kidd's research for him. He's waiting...

The daughter wasn’t the only one involved. The son felt threatened. Therefore it was a true threat.
The son disagreed with his father's political views. They had been at odds with each other. The son had a motive to blow it up bigger than what it was, the daughter did not feel threatened even though she too disagreed with her father's political views. He wasn't convicted of attempted murder anyway so the point is now moot.

"Reffitt’s son, Jackson Reffitt, previously discussed on CNN how he turned in his father to the FBI. The son has since left the family’s home, essentially disappearing and living in what the Justice Department calls an undisclosed location. His sister said in court on Monday that her father and brother had long had a strained relationship because of political tension."

" The daughter also had testified about her father to a grand jury, according to Monday’s proceedings."

“He’s not a violent person. He just says things. He talks a lot. … That’s just him being a drama queen,” she said at the hearing. “I wasn’t in fear, I guess. It was annoying in a way.”

This is a case of government using one's own kid and family issues to punish a man for his political views, clearly. Notice how most of the media buries his daughter's testimony?
His political views went through the gate. He should have been shot.

This is a case of government using one's own kid and family issues to punish a man for his political views, clearly. Notice how most of the media buries his daughter's testimony?
And the judges name.

Forum List

Back