$20.2 Billion per year for Air Conditioning

Eisenhower didn't have to deal with keeping modern electronics working!
Oh, the AC is for the equipment? The offices aren't air conditioned?
How often have you walked around in 120+ degree heat, wearing body armor and a field pack?

Never?

Then how about you shut the fuck up?

Oh, so the AC is for outside?

Yes, dave, I have been in 120 heat. In Sharm el Sheik, Egypt, and in Panama City, Panama.

When you come inside to a 80-90 degree room from the 120 outside, it feels rather cool.

Last edited:
Most of the first world normally funds its technological and science sectors if it wishes to remain so. We're going the wrong way of the third world...

Obama is right as we do need to get out of these wars. They're useless....Let's build America for once.

I've never claimed I was in Kuwait. For the Middle East, I was in Türkiye, Egypt, Morocco, Israel. And I was told I was standing in Syria, but I don't believe it.
Really. Then why did you mention the ITT guys in Kuwait once? I believe it was on Neutral Underground.

Nevertheless, you know it's hot in the Middle East. So why don't you give a shit about our troops?
The ITT guys were in Incirlik, Türkiye.

Edit to add: yeah, it's hot in southern Türkiye, too.

When I was in Croatia in 1993(?) we were in tents - no AC. Just blower fans.

I'm just asking about priorities, when NASA has been gutted, and more people are being denied basic services.
Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.

Oh, the AC is for the equipment? The offices aren't air conditioned?
How often have you walked around in 120+ degree heat, wearing body armor and a field pack?

Never?

Yes, dave, I have been in 120 heat. In Sharm el Sheik, Egypt, and in Panama City, Panama.

When you come inside to a 80-90 degree room from the 120 outside, it feels rather cool.
Indeed. So why do you want to deny a bit of relief from the heat to our troops?

Really. Then why did you mention the ITT guys in Kuwait once? I believe it was on Neutral Underground.

Nevertheless, you know it's hot in the Middle East. So why don't you give a shit about our troops?

I'm just asking about priorities, when NASA has been gutted, and more people are being denied basic services.
Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.
Either the money appropriated by the Republican House, or it's not.

Obama has no funds at his disposal.

All he can do is urge the Republican House to fund it.

Never?

No. Un-air-conditioned offices are 80-90 degrees.

Synth,

What is purpose of this thread?

Do you have a problem with troops in the desert having Air Conditioning in their living areas or what?
I have a problem with paying for the quartering and maintenance of troops (and armed "contractors") whose presence in Iraq serves the interests of the oil industry -- which should be paying the bills for that service. We had no business invading that country in the first place.

If you think our actions against and presence in Iraq are serving your interests and mine, please explain why.

Last edited:

Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.

And this is where reality rears its ugly head.

Planetary Scientists Protest 'Disastrous' 2014 NASA Budget Cuts | Space.com
The Obama administration unveiled the budget plan April 10, requesting $17.7 billion for NASA — $50 million less than the agency got in 2012. The budget must be approved by Congress before it becomes official. Under the budget proposal, planetary science would receive $1.217 billion in 2014. Discounting the $50 million earmarked for producing plutonium-238, which fuels deep space vehicles (this used to be paid for by the Department of Energy), and $20 million for asteroid detection in service of a future manned asteroid mission, this represents a $268 million cut from planetary science funding levels approved by Congress for 2013, advocates said.​

This was Obama's idea. There is no rational way to blame Republicans for this one.

But that doesn't mean you won't stop doing it.

I thought you said you'd been to hot places?

Un-air conditioned shelters, like those you want to see in Afghanistan, are HOTTER than outside temperatures.

To claim otherwise is asinine.

Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.

The Obama administration unveiled the budget plan April 10, requesting $17.7 billion for NASA — $50 million less than the agency got in 2012. The budget must be approved by Congress before it becomes official. Under the budget proposal, planetary science would receive $1.217 billion in 2014. Discounting the $50 million earmarked for producing plutonium-238, which fuels deep space vehicles (this used to be paid for by the Department of Energy), and $20 million for asteroid detection in service of a future manned asteroid mission, this represents a $268 million cut from planetary science funding levels approved by Congress for 2013, advocates said.​

This was Obama's idea. There is no rational way to blame Republicans for this one.

I guarantee you that if the Democrats take back the House in 2014, this will be scrapped.

Obama knows how to prioritize, also, and if he is going to have to choose between NASA in his budget and people getting food and shelter, he is not going to pick NASA.

But the president's budget is nothing but a starting point for negotiations with Congress. You should know that.

You you think this Republican House will fund NASA? Of course not. So why should Obama include it, knowing who he is dealing with?

The three things that should be funded for a recovery
-Fund infrastructure--Sadly this has dropped.
-Fund technology---This isn't as favorable as you on the left or me wish it was.
-Fund science---lol

We're losing trillions in nation building and we're not focusing on improving our own nation. WTF?

Un-air conditioned shelters, like those you want to see in Afghanistan, are HOTTER than outside temperatures.

Not true. The buildings native to these places are designed to maximize airflow and temperature.

Obama kills NASA moon mission program - Washington Times

This story is no longer available - Washington Times...

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama has killed NASA’s $100 billion plans to return astronauts to the moon. The move came on the seventh anniversary of the ...

Unreal. Obama Kills Mars Space Missions – Then Invites NASA’s ...

Unreal. Obama Kills Mars Space Missions ? Then Invites NASA?s Mars Rover Engineer to Sit With First Lady at SOTU | The Gateway Pundit...

Unreal. Obama Kills Mars Space Missions – Then Invites NASA’s Mars Rover Engineer to Sit With First Lady at SOTU Posted by Jim Hoft on Tuesday, February …

Obama kills NASA | Moonage Spacedream

space.moonagewebdream.com/2010/02/01/obama-kills-nasa

This is so unbelievable it's surreal. It's so crazy that even people like Phil Platt were in denial. As of two days ago, when people started saying NASA was

Obama Kills NASA Moon Plan, Farms Out Space Ferry - …

Obama Kills NASA Moon Plan, Farms Out Space Ferry - Geopolitical Monitor...

Feb. 1 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama proposed scrapping a Bush administration plan to return astronauts to the moon by 2020 in a budget for NASA

How can you have a economic recovery if you hate education and technology? The republicans are cutting some things that make them look really stupid. And Obama isn't as pro-science as you think.

I think both side have a really screwed up world view. Blowing trillions on nation building and cutting our science programs.

Last edited:

I guarantee you that if the Democrats take back the House in 2014, this will be scrapped.

Obama knows how to prioritize, also, and if he is going to have to choose between NASA in his budget and people getting food and shelter, he is not going to pick NASA.

But the president's budget is nothing but a starting point for negotiations with Congress. You should know that.

You you think this Republican House will fund NASA? Of course not. So why should Obama include it, knowing who he is dealing with?
Yup, I called it:

"There is no rational way to blame Republicans for this one.

But that doesn't mean you won't stop doing it."

Hint for the progressivism impaired: When negotiating, you ask for MORE than you want, and whittle it down to what you actually want.

So, obviously, Obama wants even LESS for NASA.

What's 17 billion when we're spending trillions to build a shit hole in the middle east? 17 billion that gives hundreds of thousands of high paid tech jobs.

Let's get out of the middle east and get back to what we're good at.

Not true. The buildings native to these places are designed to maximize airflow and temperature.
But the air-transportable buildings we take to places where the existing structures either are not suitable or don't exist are not.

This thread is yet another of a seemingly endless series of Synthia fail.

But the air-transportable buildings we take to places where the existing structures either are not suitable or don't exist are not.

This thread is yet another of a seemingly endless series of Synthia fail.
I disagree.

Any thread that discusses how my tax dollars are wasted on non-sense, is a good thread to me.

Forum List

Back