$20.2 Billion per year for Air Conditioning

[
Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.

Are you claiming it was well funded under Bush?

Oh, for those interested here's a nice chart with NASA's budget. It's actually remained at the same level in 2007 constant dollars since the 1990's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

Considering that Obama wound down the expensive and dangerous space shuttle program, the budget he's left for NASA is actually pretty generous.

The real problem with NASA is that after Challenger blew up, they doubled down on stupid. So instead of spending money on the replacement vehicle, they kept trying to breathe life into the ones they had. Then Colubmia blew up. More expense for a vehicle that should have already been retired. That allowed the Europeans and Russians to catch up with practical vehicles.

Last edited:
Synth,

What is purpose of this thread?

Do you have a problem with troops in the desert having Air Conditioning in their living areas or what?

I have a problem with our troops being in their desert.

Me too after 10 years of useless nation building. We need to get out and do some American building.

Part of building America is funding our edge in science and technology. ;)

[
Who gutted NASA, again?

Oh, yeah -- Obama.

Are you claiming it was well funded under Bush?

Oh, for those interested here's a nice chart with NASA's budget. It's actually remained at the same level in 2007 constant dollars since the 1990's.

Budget of NASA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering that Obama wound down the expensive and dangerous space shuttle program, the budget he's left for NASA is actually pretty generous.

The real problem with NASA is that after Challenger blew up, they doubled down on stupid. So instead of spending money on the replacement vehicle, they kept trying to breathe life into the ones they had. Then Colubmia blew up. More expense for a vehicle that should have already been retired. That allowed the Europeans and Russians to catch up with practical vehicles.

The one thing Obama is doing right is funding space-x and the dream chaser. These could be replacements.

The problem I'm having is why are we debating the jim web-telescope. This thing is nearly done anyways and should without a question be a go.

Last edited:
I thought you said you'd been to hot places?

Un-air conditioned shelters, like those you want to see in Afghanistan, are HOTTER than outside temperatures.

To claim otherwise is asinine.
Not true. The buildings native to these places are designed to maximize airflow and temperature.
But the air-transportable buildings we take to places where the existing structures either are not suitable or don't exist are not.

This thread is yet another of a seemingly endless series of Synthia fail.
The military is now incapable of building on site? Do they need KBR to wipe their asses for them, too?

But the air-transportable buildings we take to places where the existing structures either are not suitable or don't exist are not.

This thread is yet another of a seemingly endless series of Synthia fail.
I disagree.

Any thread that discusses how my tax dollars are wasted on non-sense, is a good thread to me.
Here you go:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/301469-state-department-spent-630000-on-facebook-likes.html
Find a respectable source for that and I will join in saying that's a disgusting waste.

If it's only found on wingnut websites, then it's most likely twisted and spun.

Forum List

Back