Only after she said enough stupid things that it was painfully obvious to the McCain team that the Titanic was more seaworthy than Palin.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk
And then it became apparent that more people liked Palin than liked McCain.
Oops.
You really get your gay ass handed to you every time, dontcha?

Palin is a big part of the reason why McCain lost to President Obama by 7.26% in 2008.

Poll after poll after poll showed that once here true stupidity was revealed, far more than 2/3 of most polling respondents did not want to have her as VP, fearing what damage she could do were McCain to croak in office.

Enjoy your weird fantasies, sheygetz.
McCain lost because of McCain. You suck at political analysis.

Actually, no. You are way out of your league, here, and have no idea how much data flowed that showed that Palin sunk and already damaged ship.
You are right, McCain was campaigning in grocery stores when Palin came along and gave him a slight bump. Crowds were nowhere near Obama's but she did okay until she started doing interviews. People began to think about McCain's age and her being first in line of succession and attitudes toward her changed in a big hurry.
The press labeled her as an idiot. Once the meme started that was it.
Granted, Palin doesnt interview well but the level of vehemence against her was unprecedented.
But ultimately, as always, it is the candidate who carries the election. Bush won with Quayle on his ticket, Nixon won with Agnew. McCain lost because of McCain.

Oops.

Palin is a big part of the reason why McCain lost to President Obama by 7.26% in 2008.

Poll after poll after poll showed that once here true stupidity was revealed, far more than 2/3 of most polling respondents did not want to have her as VP, fearing what damage she could do were McCain to croak in office.

Actually, no. You are way out of your league, here, and have no idea how much data flowed that showed that Palin sunk and already damaged ship.
You are right, McCain was campaigning in grocery stores when Palin came along and gave him a slight bump. Crowds were nowhere near Obama's but she did okay until she started doing interviews. People began to think about McCain's age and her being first in line of succession and attitudes toward her changed in a big hurry.
Yes, and polling from 2008 points to two major turning points after Labor Day 2008, the de facto Fall campaign kickoff: polling after the market melted down, and polling after Palins 2 disastrous interviews.

Proof? Nah, you got nothing.

My favorite dogs are black labs, precisely because they are incredibly good with kids. They will let a kid do all kinds of things to them, and they can take it. And if a kid goes too far, a black lab will just get up and move. They will not harm a kid.

Wonderful, wonderful dogs.

The last black lab I had was an Einstein. If he had started talking, it would not have surprised me in the slightest.

The black lab, german shepherd mix I have now is the dumbest dog I have ever had. But he is an outstanding police dog. Basically, he's a dumb cop. :)
See, now YOU I actually believe. That's the experience most people with kids and dogs have. Mine is a husky mix and great with the kids. I make sure my kids understand her signs when she doesn't like something they're doing. Palin haters seizing on this picture as proof she's an awful person just reeks of desperation.
Its not desperation - it partisanship. Partisans see EVERYTHING that the other side dies as evil and terrible. She could have been petting the dog and giving it a treat and it would still be horrible. It really isn't a matter of reason - its all about justification.
It would not have been terrible if she were petting the dog. She wasn't though, she was allowing the kid to walk on it.

Oops.

Granted, Palin doesnt interview well but the level of vehemence against her was unprecedented.
But ultimately, as always, it is the candidate who carries the election. Bush won with Quayle on his ticket, Nixon won with Agnew. McCain lost because of McCain.
It's not she didn't interview well. It's that her knowledge base, a base of things to know that are absolutely essential for any pol running for high office, had more holes than swiss cheese. A Republican Vice-Presidential candidate who had no idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was, when even the sitting President of her own Party clearly enumerated it and there was considerable press buzz about it? Please, that is absolutely bottom of the barrel.

It's not she didn't interview well. It's that her knowledge base, a base of things to know that are absolutely essential for any pol running for high office, had more holes than swiss cheese. A Republican Vice-Presidential candidate who had know idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was, when even the sitting President of her own Party clearly enumerated it and there was considerable press buzz about it? Please, that is absolutely bottom of the barrel.

Remind me how Obama got grilled on foreign policy in 2008. Yeah, he didnt.

It's not she didn't interview well. It's that her knowledge base, a base of things to know that are absolutely essential for any pol running for high office, had more holes than swiss cheese. A Republican Vice-Presidential candidate who had know idea what the "Bush Doctrine" was, when even the sitting President of her own Party clearly enumerated it and there was considerable press buzz about it? Please, that is absolutely bottom of the barrel.

It was just awkward to watch. She had nowhere to hide.

Yes, and polling from 2008 points to two major turning points after Labor Day 2008, the de facto Fall campaign kickoff: polling after the market melted down, and polling after Palins 2 disastrous interviews.

I am going to enjoy this. You get one more chance to save a shred of your dignity. Take that chance.

I am going to enjoy this. You get one more chance to save a shred of your dignity. Take that chance.

Translation: ich nicht gornit habe.

Remind me how Obama got grilled on foreign policy in 2008. Yeah, he didnt.

Foreign Policy was high on the agenda in 2008? who knew?

Hillary will run, if her health holds.

Whether she can beat Jeb or Chris or Rand will be the problem. Anyone else she and she will take 55% of the vote.

She's not even getting the nomination

It is hers if she wants it. Warren and Webb in the wings. Bush will get the GOP nod and will have the far right turn their back on him. GOP loses again.
Warren isn't even on most people's radar
Nor should she. She is not going to run.

Whether she can beat Jeb or Chris or Rand will be the problem. Anyone else she and she will take 55% of the vote.

It is hers if she wants it. Warren and Webb in the wings. Bush will get the GOP nod and will have the far right turn their back on him. GOP loses again.

imbecilic post number 2,967

I find it really doubtful that Warren will run.

The Democrats really need to get away from the idea/belief of Republicans fumbling the election with conservatives not supporting some candidate or the GOP putting up someone way too far right to win. The Democrats have REALLY popular policy ideas that voters downright love sometimes, in others they certainly have majority support. I really think they just need to focus on winning on their own accord and stop pointing negative fingers at the GOP all the time.

imbecilic post number 2,967

By my count: 4,896

Forum List

Back