21 incredible lesbians who’re loud, proud and making the world a better place

Yes its Lesbian Visibility Week and I know my friends on this board would like to celebrate this event.

Here is a list of Lesbian achievers who are making a mark in the world.

Have they missed anyone out ?

Lets have a heated debate !!
Why should anyone care about anyone's sexual orientation?

My turn

Woukd you deny life saving cancer treatment to a child because the parents want to pray it away

It wouldn't be me denying it, it would be the parents. And this is a tougher one because it does involve direct life saving treatment.

I would side on the part of the government's ability to work in the child's interest, but pretty much only in extreme cases like this.

If they don't want to get a kid anti-biotics for an ear infection, that's up to the parents. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

The thing is the number of these cases have dropped to near zero because there aren't many Christian Scientists around anymore, not as compared to the number of kids suddenly realizing they are "Trans"

In your opinion not shared by the medical community

Your opinion is noted and dismissed

300 years ago the medical community still thought the body was controlled by 4 humors, your appeal to authority is noted and dismissed.

It wouldn't be me denying it, it would be the parents. And this is a tougher one because it does involve direct life saving treatment.

I would side on the part of the government's ability to work in the child's interest, but pretty much only in extreme cases like this.

If they don't want to get a kid anti-biotics for an ear infection, that's up to the parents. A line has to be drawn somewhere.

The thing is the number of these cases have dropped to near zero because there aren't many Christian Scientists around anymore, not as compared to the number of kids suddenly realizing they are "Trans"
An infection can kill a child. My god

300 years ago the medical community still thought the body was controlled by 4 humors, your appeal to authority is noted and dismissed.
You can appeal to anything you like but society has rejected your opinions in our republic and that is unlikely to change

An infection can kill a child. My god

But it's not always life threatening.

Again, not many hard core Christian Scientists are even around these days, this stuff was more a story in the 80's and 90's, and since then the Church has said getting your kids medical treatment isn't sinful.

It makes your argument a bit moot.

Yes for some things that is true. The vast majority of Americans agree with me

You would deny life saving cancer treatment to a child because the parents want to pray it away

That is very very extremist.
I didn't say that I agreed with it... only that based on the religious freedoms provided by the Constitution, they would have a right to.

Just like parents would have a right to seek therapy for their child if they felt the child needed it.

I didn't say that I agreed with it... only thing that based on religious freedoms provided by the Constitution, they would have a right too.

Just like parents would have a right to seek therapy for their child if they felt the child needed it.
Not in the US. Religious freedom.....like every right....is not unlimited.

And thank god for that. Lol

Again, not many hard core Christian Scientists are even around these days, this stuff was more a story in the 80's and 90's, and since then the Church has said getting your kids medical treatment isn't sinful.

But it can be which is why you seek help from a doctor not a priest.

My god

The jehovas witness have similar beliefs.

Not in the US. Religious freedom.....like every right....is not unlimited.

And thank god for that. Lol
So, parents shouldn't have the right to seek therapy for their child, but should be forced to make their child undergo medical treatments... if you or the State deems it so.

That was not a question.

So, parents shouldn't have the right to seek therapy for their child, but should be forced to make their child undergo medical treatments... if you or the State deems it so.

That was not a question.
Parents can seek therapy for their kids at anytime

That was not a question. Lol

Forum List

Back