24 Things Wrong With Electric Vehicles That They Don't Tell You

24 Things Wrong With Electric Cars Millennials Choose To Ignore

Of course, the automakers don't tell you these things.

No More Long Trips

Most families have 2 vehicles. Just make one electric while the other is gas. Use the one that is best suited for the application. This whole article is full of crap like this.

Common Traffic issues don't get resolved

What the hell does that mean?

Battery Recycling

It's not a problem in Europe. The US is 25 years behind in recycling compared to Europe. You can't really blame something that should be recycled for not being recycled because of not having a proper facility to process them, now can you.

Rarity of lIthium and other essential minerals

Lithium is rare or scarce? Almost any place you have a high plains desert you will find large lithium deposits. Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico those deposits and they aren't being developed. It's been easier and cleaner to buy the batteries from China where they don't give a crap about destroying their air.

Cobalt Controversy

If that is what is keeping you up nights, please, they have a new super nyquil you can buy now to help you sleep.

Actual Demand

In the next 5 years, over 50% of all vehicles in China will be electrics. Most of nothern Europe has already reached that with Norway leading the pack.

Possible negative effects on local labor

So they remove the subsidise and put on road tax to make up the losses in the Fuel Tax. What the hell does that have to do with local labor?

I stopped reading there. A complete moron wrote it and the OP just cut and pasted giving his seal of approval.

No More Long Trips

Most families have 2 vehicles. Just make one electric while the other is gas. Use the one that is best suited for the application. This whole article is full of crap like this.

Battery Recycling

It's not a problem in Europe. The US is 25 years behind in recycling compared to Europe. You can't really blame something that should be recycled for not being recycled because of not having a proper facility to process them, now can you.

Lithium is rare or scarce? Almost any place you have a high plains desert you will find large lithium deposits. Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico those deposits and they aren't being developed. It's been easier and cleaner to buy the batteries from China where they don't give a crap about destroying their air.

Cobalt Controversy

If that is what is keeping you up nights, please, they have a new super nyquil you can buy now to help you sleep.

Actual Demand

In the next 5 years, over 50% of all vehicles in China will be electrics. Most of nothern Europe has already reached that with Norway leading the pack.

So they remove the subsidise and put on road tax to make up the losses in the Fuel Tax. What the hell does that have to do with local labor?

I stopped reading there. A complete moron wrote it and the OP just cut and pasted giving his seal of approval.

Do yourself a favor and read it all, because you will be experiencing it shortly...

Battery Recycling

Here is the problem with government funding recycling that would not be done by the private sector, as an environmental measure: The reason certain materials are not profitable to recycle is that it takes more energy to recycle the old material than to produce or harvest the new material. For most goods, cost = energy required, a concept that the greenies on the left never seem to snap to.

By what objective standard can it be determined that something "should" be recycled?

The free market is always the best determiner of whether a particular good or material will be recycled.

For example, are you aware of the many ads and other campaigns to get people to recycle their gold jewels, coins and bullion bars instead of throwing them away? You know, because Gold is in such short supply, that its price goes up year by year?

Of course not, because if a person is tired of a gold ring, or gets too fat to wear it, they don't just throw it away. The free market incentivizes them to repurpose it or sell it to someone who can wear it or melt it down to make something else.

Scrap metal? There's a company in the Houston area that advertises constantly for people to bring them scrap metal that they will buy and recycle.

Old computers, aluminum cans, glass bottles are also often recycled for profit. No government funded "recycling center" is needed. Profit seekers front the capital and then do all the work. Beautiful, no?

The cost of recharging an EV is increasing, sharply.

In the article, it states over £30 in electric for 374 miles. My diesel car does 40mpg and at £1.709 per litre, that's some £72 for 374 miles. As oil is now beginning to fall, my £72 should become less, but electric will remain the same!! The government just needs to charge EV users vehicle excise duty (road tax) to instil more reality to the alarmists.

Everyone else will be walking. Because there won't be enough electric, and it will be too expensive. A few will be dong fine. Pelosi will be fine. The herd can just wander around and eat plants...

Hope you enjoy your pedistal transporation while I drive my electric vehicle in style. Sorry, no use in trying to hitchhike. Try public transportation that will all be electric. Or you can try and figure out a way to make a living staying home not using electric transporation. Of course, I will still have the option either way. Instead of filling up my Hemi once a month, I will fill it up once every 6 months and still be able to get a big smile on my face.

The cost of recharging an EV is increasing, sharply.

In the article, it states over £30 in electric for 374 miles. My diesel car does 40mpg and at £1.709 per litre, that's some £72 for 374 miles. As oil is now beginning to fall, my £72 should become less, but electric will remain the same!! The government just needs to charge EV users vehicle excise duty (road tax) to instil more reality to the alarmists.
A big chunk of that seventy two pounds is government taxes. Do you really think that your government won't tax electricity used to charge EVs at the same rate or even higher?

A big chunk of that seventy two pounds is government taxes. Do you really think that your government won't tax electricity used to charge EVs at the same rate or even higher?
The tax rate on petrol is around 57.95p per litre. Currently petrol cost per litre is around £1.70.

Electric at home is taxed (VAT) at 5%, this was introduced by the EU, it used to be 0%. The 5% is used to subsidise "Green' projects, like renewables, EV's etc..

Tax (VAT) is charged on electric charge points at 20%.

What this means is, on average per person, we pay £500 per month towards the NHS. I believe this is over $1,000 per month in the US. I would rather pay £500 per month in tax than nearly £1,000 per month in health care and still not have full cover.

24 Things Wrong With Electric Cars Millennials Choose To Ignore

Of course, the automakers don't tell you these things.
Tesla's Supercharger network, designed specifically for Tesla vehicles, is marketed as the standard to which all other EV infrastructure should aspire. It operates at 150 kW, which is enough to charge some cars in as little as an hour. The Supercharger, which operates up to 120 kW, can charge a Tesla about 80 percent in about 30 minutes.

Electric Car Charging Goes Super Fast - HowStuffWorks

auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/vehicles/electric-car-charging-goes-sup…

So if you are on a trip across country and you run out of electric fuel, you have to stay put for 30 minutes if you are lucky to find a supercharging station. If not you have to stay put for up to two days on regular house charging.

Most drivers will need about a couple of days (roughly 40 hours) to charge a fully depleted electric car battery if they use the standard three-prong plugs found in mobile devices, laptops, and the walls of most homes.

How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Car - Kelley ...

www.kbb.com/car-advice/how-long-does-take-charge-electric-car/

No More Long Trips

Battery Recycling

Cobalt Controversy

Actual Demand

The charging takes time, so I try to have something to do while charging like walk the dogs, read a book, watch a movie on phone, etc. I have a Honda Clarity plug-in hybrid, so used the electric + gas for a long trip yesterday ~260 mi range. We waited about an hour to get a full charge before leaving at the charging station yesterday. For most months, I just stay in town and use the electric portion, so it doesn't cost me anything to drive. That's a huge plus.

I'll end up buying a home charger next. My neighbor, who has the same car still works, so he's gone this route. For me to get a fully electric car, I suppose I should read this article again.

#23 is stupid lol.

The charging takes time, so I try to have something to do while charging like walk the dogs, read a book, watch a movie on phone, etc. I have a Honda Clarity plug-in hybrid, so used the electric + gas for a long trip yesterday ~260 mi range. We waited about an hour to get a full charge before leaving at the charging station yesterday. For most months, I just stay in town and use the electric portion, so it doesn't cost me anything to drive. That's a huge plus.

I'll end up buying a home charger next. My neighbor, who has the same car still works, so he's gone this route. For me to get a fully electric car, I suppose I should read this article again.

#23 is stupid lol.
use the electric portion, so it doesn't cost me anything to drive.
Are you stealing your neighbors electricity or what?

Forum List

Back