🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2nd reddest state in US (OK) puts child murderer to death despite "mental illness" claim

If it makes you happy, sure.

The point is you can validate almost any position with the Bible. Saying the Bible forbids something, great. Keep reading and you'll find support also
An Anti-Democratic Manifesto Written by Wags Wearing Wigs

Same with the Constitution, which pushy Rightists treat just like a Bible, the same way they treat "the Founding Fathers" like the Twelve Apostles and The Federalist Papers like the Epistles. That attitude is either heresy or superstition.

Last edited:

Sorry to go by appearances but you can just look @ this guy and know (suspect) he is mentally ill. Then there is what he did to his own daughter who was only 9 months old.. to show just how mentally ill he is. It goes without saying that someone who does this kind of thing is mentally ill. I never could u/stand the "logic" of finding someone "innocent" of heinous crimes based on the mental illness claim. But anyhow, the courts rejected his attorney's appeal and he was executed. I tend to disagree w/ OK's view of the death penalty but can't say I am crying over this either...
Bravo!!!

What if the guy regreted it? What if it happend in the heat of the moment and he didn't intend to kill her? I doubt that is the case but what if?

We don't even have that information or I haven't found it anyhow..

It is a seroius thing to take anyone's life.. God is the only who can create life and HE should be the ONLY one to take it (except in certain specified situations where innocent people need to be protected...)
No do-overs. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

I would be entirely for a "Guilty but insane" finding that still holds mentally ill people accountable for their crimes, but also gets them treatment.

My problem with the Death Penalty is that inevitably, you are going to execute innocent people.
Few people who commit the most atrocious of murders are executed, but the all ones that do deserve it.

thanks for reminding me of the other reason I am against the death penalty except for convicted (and upheld on appeal) serial murderers, etc...

a lot of innocent people have been put to death. DNA has exonerated the ones who were not executed b4 the new evidence came to light (but would have been w/ o that evidence)
Executions are like flushing toilets. Do you?

I am not talking about allowing him to murder again. I am speaking of cases and there are plenty of them where someone kills someone, say in a burglary and maybe he didn't meanto kill that person but got spooked or what have you.. maybe it was an accident but he gets away.. then finds out on the news that he is wanted for murder.. He will try to avoid capture and that could involve killing others..

Once a murderer is caught, he should be locked up very securely and if he has killed more than once, yeh.. execute him immediately.

I also don't agree w/ all those appeals.. and yet innocent people have been saved from death by those appeals.. Appeals gave them TIME and in that time DNA was found (etc) to prove they were innocent
Oh so he got spooked and murdered someone. He should get a second chance? Did the person he murdered get a second chance? How would you feel if someone broke into your house, got spooked and murdered your child? I am not a very forgiving person if you screw with my family or me.

The 2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape was a jailbreak that took place on June 6, 2015, when two inmates, Richard Matt and David Sweat, were discovered missing during a 5:17 a.m. bed check at the maximum security Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora, New York, United States.
Date: June 6, 2015
Deaths: 1
Location: Clinton Correctional Facility, Village of Dannemora, New York, United States
Non-fatal injuries: 1

2015 Clinton Correctional Facility escape - Wikipedia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Clinton_Correctional_Facility_escape

If my child gets murdered by a retard, he is less dead than if Elon Musk murdered him?

It would be cruel to lock up a retard in prison forever.

Not sure what 'red state' has to do with it. Same dude was considered competent enough to serve time in California's prison system.

Sorry to go by appearances but you can just look @ this guy and know (suspect) he is mentally ill. Then there is what he did to his own daughter who was only 9 months old.. to show just how mentally ill he is. It goes without saying that someone who does this kind of thing is mentally ill. I never could u/stand the "logic" of finding someone "innocent" of heinous crimes based on the mental illness claim. But anyhow, the courts rejected his attorney's appeal and he was executed. I tend to disagree w/ OK's view of the death penalty but can't say I am crying over this either...
Good riddance.

Right, all it does is ensure justice. All it does is ensure no one else will die at the hands of a convicted killer. All it does is ensure closure for the victim's family who lost a loved one for life. "Come on man" Man up.

How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your bloodlust?

My only problem with this is that it took 20 years to execute him.

He should have been executed within 90 days. If you knowingly, willingly and intentionally kill someone you should be executed. No appeals, no death row, no insane asylum, just executed quickly and humanely. Not even any press coverage. One announcement one time they are going to be executed and that's it.

I say 90 days as they deserve a chance to say goodbye, write a letter to someone, put any affairs in order they want, etc. But if they chose to just be executed right away and get it over with that's fine also.

Killers and murders can not be a part of society. They need to be removed from society entirely and just locking them up isn't the answer because it's just a waste of time, money and resources. If you lock them up for life all you're doing is executing them slowly, just do it and get it over with quick.

Child molesters, rapists and murders should all just be executed.

So...do you believe the courts are infallible, or do you consider executing innocent people to be acceptable?

If someone goes out and murders someone, he has now taken the roll of "god" by taking a life. That means he "will" take another life and another. So instead of allowing him to murder again, by placing him in a cell for the rest of his life(where he will try to escape) just take him out back and destroy him before he can murder again.

That's the biggest pile of crap I have seen in months.

How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your bloodlust?

So...do you believe the courts are infallible, or do you consider executing innocent people to be acceptable?

That's the biggest pile of crap I have seen in months.
liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

Sorry to go by appearances but you can just look @ this guy and know (suspect) he is mentally ill.

In order to use mental illness as a defense, particularly for a capital crime, you have to be able to prove that the mental illness precluded the accused from knowing that what they did was wrong --- absence of Mens Rea.

If the accused made any overt action to hide the act from observation or to hide his guilt in committing the action then they obviously can't prove they weren't aware the action was wrong.

He tried to murder ACTUAL president and three government officials. Only by lack of knowledge of guns did he fail. The fact that actual murders get out of prison is observed.

but the point is, he didn't.

But that doesn't make letting an attempted murderer get away with no prison time any better. If he tried to kill four people because he was insane, why isn't he just going to try to kill more people now? Please say because he's cured so I can have a good laugh

I'd have no problem with a "Guilty but Insane ruling so that the insane can be held accountable in some degree.
As far as why he won't kill more folks now? Because after 40 years of therapy, if he's not cured, he's probably too damned old.

Your murder chubby aside, Capitol Punishment is the height of stupidity.

We have 25,000 murders a year and execute only about 10-20 people any give year.

The math just doesn't work on that one.
Your math doesn't work either. We execute so few because so few states allow it. We execute so few because the sentence ususally requires a 12-0 vote and just too damn many pussy jurors won't pull the switch.

Forum List

Back