3 day waiting period and Background Check

I worked 2 insurance cases recently where people were killed at the job.
1. A large flooring retailer employee had a forklift with over 2000 pounds of tile on it. It shifted and fell on another employee and killed her.
2. Man was changing a tire off the rim at a tire store. The pin that goes in the middle of the rim broke and sent the tire into his chin and part of his face and the pin went through the roof killing him.

We need a 3 day waiting period on forklifts and tire changing equipment.

Well, I guess that is true, but they sure do work.

Ever been hit by one? It's not pleasant.

Then how come there is not a 3 day waiting period on tazers?
They have killed folks also.

someone has killed 12 people at one time with a taser?

There was a guy driving DUI and hit a tractor trailer on I-10 a few years ago and caused the tractor trailer to jack knife and hit a bus killing 14 high school kids.
We need a 3 day waiting period on cars because sometimes criminals get drunk and drive.
People were not responsible. It was the Ford Focus' fault.

1. A large flooring retailer employee had a forklift with over 2000 pounds of tile on it. It shifted and fell on another employee and killed her.
2. Man was changing a tire off the rim at a tire store. The pin that goes in the middle of the rim broke and sent the tire into his chin and part of his face and the pin went through the roof killing him.

A gun is specifically designed to kill. It has no other purpose but to kill.

All of the other situations you mentioned killed out of negligence, or accidental death.

There is no comparison.

You don't buy a forklift and think to yourself "I'm going to use this to kill something or someone."

That being said, again, I fully support the right for every law-abiding, sane, citizen to purchase and "open carry" a firearm wherever they want (except on private property, where the property owner asks them not to, of course).

There was a guy driving DUI and hit a tractor trailer on I-10 a few years ago and caused the tractor trailer to jack knife and hit a bus killing 14 high school kids.
We need a 3 day waiting period on cars because sometimes criminals get drunk and drive.
People were not responsible. It was the Ford Focus' fault.

Driving requires much more than a 3 day waiting period.

It requires formal training, testing, a license issued, registration, and insurance.

And drunk driving is a crime.

A gun is specifically designed to kill. It has no other purpose but to kill.
Ths is either a lie or abject ignorance.

I have fired in the neighborhood of 100k rounds thru all my fireams, and yet have killed no one.
Have I been using them wrong?

Last edited:

I have fired in the neighborhood of 100k rounds thru all my fireams, and yet have killed no one.

Situations in which you were practicing to kill.

If not, why didn't you just get yourself a nice bb gun? They're much cheaper, and less dangerous.

Situations in which you were practicing to kill.
False.
There's no necessary relationship betweenn shooting at a target and practicing to kill - shooting at a target can be an end into itself.

Having said that, the 2nd amendment -is- about people killing other people.

The first link leads to items that aren't even considered in the same class as firearms, and would not have any requirement for a waiting period, or background check.

The second and third links, while interesting modifications to ammunition, are not what the firearms in question were designed for (which was my point), and thus are not the purpose of the item, and in the case of rubber or plastic bullets, can still kill very easily.

The first link leads to items that aren't even considered in the same class as firearms, and would not have any requirement for a waiting period, or background check.

The second and third links, while interesting modifications to ammunition, are not what the firearms in question were designed for (which was my point), and thus are not the purpose of the item, and in the case of rubber or plastic bullets, can still kill very easily.

No matter.. it shows a GUN is not only meant to kill, which was your assertion, soldier

The firearm is not designed to KILL.. the firearm is designed to send a projectile down range

Nice try though

False.
There's no necessary relationship betweenn shooting at a target and practicing to kill - shooting at a target can be an end into itself.

Having said that, the 2nd amendment -is- about people killing other people.

Yes, it is. As it should be.

I have no argument with owning items that are designed to kill.

I've been looking at long-swords lately myself.

I was simply making a point.

No matter.. it shows a GUN is not only meant to kill, which was your assertion, soldier

The firearm is not designed to KILL.. the firearm is designed to send a projectile down range

Nice try though

Well then, I guess you're of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with operation Fast and Furious?

After all, I'm sure the Mexican mafia simply planned to load those weapons with rubber bullets or participate in target practice. Right?

Nice try though

Well then, I guess you're of the opinion that there was nothing wrong with operation Fast and Furious?

After all, I'm sure the Mexican mafia simply planned to load those weapons with rubber bullets or participate in target practice. Right?

Ahhh.. deflection because you know you're wrong

It's not deflection, it's directly related.

You believe something was done wrong in Operation Fast and Furious, correct?

Was that not the fact that guns were provided to Mexican drug cartels?

And, if the express purpose of guns is not to use them to kill people, why would this be an issue?

After all, I'm sure they're just going to be using them for target practice, or for shooting non-lethal rounds.

It's not deflection, it's directly related.

You believe something was done wrong in Operation Fast and Furious, correct?

Was that not the fact that guns were provided to Mexican drug cartels?

And, if the express purpose of guns is not to use them to kill people, why would this be an issue?

After all, I'm sure they're just going to be using them for target practice, or for shooting non-lethal rounds.

It is a deflection.. period.. because you were schooled on what the purpose of a firearm actually is... Just as a butcher knife is not designed to kill, but can be easily used to do such a thing

And Fast and Furious was wrong not because of the guns, but because of the inept planning for tracking the guns and the logistics of the operation

Maybe you should have paid a little more attention during weapons training, soldier... it is the soldier who is lethal, not the weapon

Forum List

Back