4 year old exercises his second amendment rights

So your point is most law abiding people have almost no chance of being a victim of murder? Yes that is true.

That's the keyword.

I have almost no chance of dying in a car crash yet the gov't mandates I wear a seatbelt.

So if you want to have a gun because you are scared and paranoid because there is a tiny chance someone will try to kill you please do. But be aware there is also a small chance that gun will be involved in an accidental shooting that could kill or maim one of your family members. If you look at who is killed by guns they are primarily suicide machines so you have to worry about that also.

A seat belt won't accidently kill you or a family member.

This is why I don't get too bent out of shape about gun nuts. They mostly shoot their own family and friends, either by accident, or intentionally in a rage. While I can get pretty worked up over it when a child is involved, mostly I consider it nature's way of thinning the heard.

And this is why you are a twit......the people murdering each other are for the most part actual criminals...usually in democrat inner cities, killing other criminals.......

Normal gun owners are not shooting each other.....democrat voters though...are shooting each other in the thousands in these inner cities....

So most people saved by guns are also criminals. I see.

1,500,000 times Americans use guns for self defense according to Bill Clinton.......,,,,far more than non fatal accidents, fatal accidents and actual gun murder.....combined......twit.

Why fatal? There is obviously not 1.5 million lives being saved. Gun owners are a minority, a small minority when you look at how many carry. We only have like 14,000 murders each year in the country. That means at most the number of lives saved is some small percent of 14,000.

And not only are gun owners a minority, but lets look at the relationship of the victim to the murderer:
In 2009, 24.2 percent of victims were slain by family members; 53.8 percent were killed by someone they knew (acquaintance, neighbor, friend, boyfriend, etc.). The relationship of murder victims and offenders was unknown in 43.9 percent of murder and nonnegligent manslaughter incidents in 2009. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Table 10.)
  • Of the female murder victims for whom their relationships to the offenders were known, 34.6 percent were murdered by their husbands or boyfriends. (Based on Expanded Homicide Data Tables 2 and 10.)

Over 50% of the time the victim is an acquaintance, over 24% a family member. The guy who decides to kill his gun toting wife is going to do it when she can't defend herself with a gun, like while in the shower or sleeping. The same could be said for many in the acquaintance group. So at most it really is a very small percent of 14,000.

Wrong....the people who know each other are most of the time criminals......who know each other from their lifestyle.....I have opted these facts over and over and then you lie....moron.

The husbands and boyfriends...have long records of violent behavior and criminal behavior, along with drug or alcohol abuse......what a twit...

You know th truth...and you lie.

So your point is most law abiding people have almost no chance of being a victim of murder? Yes that is true.

Until they are.......and what do you do brain.......consult a psychic......find out when you are going to be brutally raped, robbed or murdered.......?

Be like the OP and be shot by your kid?

There you go. Let us "gun nuts" take care of ourselves.

Oh yea, when the robber breaks into your house, don't expect me to help you. You can just call 911, remember when seconds count the police are only minutes away.

I've heard of hunters shooting deer hunters OUT OF TREES saying that they thought they were a deer. Stupid people are everywhere but that doesn't change the fact that guns save lives. Period. End of thread.

And if you look at who is killed by guns, it is by far the owner most of all.

8,124 gun murders in 2014......about 90% of them are career criminals murdered by other career criminals....

So then law abiding people really have nothing to worry about and most defenses are by criminals.

The fact is gun control does not work, more laws - less freedoms, more firearms less crime...

It catches criminals before they commit a crime all of the time.
Na, not really.

Gang banger felons get extra time for gun possession, keeping them off the streets and lowering crime. Gun control works.

Sorry...the democrat prosecutors and judges keep letting them out......I just posted about a felon caught with an illegal gun...should have had 10 years in prison, he was out in 27 months.

27 months he didn't commit a crime thanks to gun control.

The fact is gun control does not work, more laws - less freedoms, more firearms less crime...

Na, not really.

Really? You don't think felons are caught with guns before they commit crimes?

This guy wouldn't have been caught without gun control:
FBI thwarts mass shooting at Milwaukee Masonic center

Can't catch these guys without gun control:
Dozens arrested in drug and gun trafficking investigation

Examples are all around...

No stupid...the first guy was plotting a terrorist attack and was on the FBI radar...twit......

Drugs....really.....they were selling illegal drugs......you really are dumb.......they were committing a felony

They got him trying to buy a machine gun. If the gun was legal he would be free.

Na, not really.

Gang banger felons get extra time for gun possession, keeping them off the streets and lowering crime. Gun control works.

Sorry...the democrat prosecutors and judges keep letting them out......I just posted about a felon caught with an illegal gun...should have had 10 years in prison, he was out in 27 months.

Wrong....thanks to existing law he was arrested...existing law that states a felon cannot own or carry a gun. He got the gun even though we have background checks...federally mandated background checks...so that did not work, it did not keep him from getting the gun.

if you licensed all gun owners....it would not have kept him from that gun and existing law would still have allowed him to be arrested....no licensing of gun owners needed in order to do that.

if you registered all guns...it would not have kept him from getting that gun and existing law would still have allowed him to be arrested...no registration of guns was needed to do that. In fact...as a convicted felon he would not have to register that illegal gun.....Haynes v. United States Supreme Court decision makes it unConstitutional to require him to register that illegal gun...do you are twice as stupid if you support registering guns.

Nothing you support stopped this criminal from getting an illegal gun.

Current, existing gun laws allowed this felon to be arrested when he was found with an illegal gun.

Na, not really.

Really? You don't think felons are caught with guns before they commit crimes?

This guy wouldn't have been caught without gun control:
FBI thwarts mass shooting at Milwaukee Masonic center

Can't catch these guys without gun control:
Dozens arrested in drug and gun trafficking investigation

Examples are all around...

No stupid...the first guy was plotting a terrorist attack and was on the FBI radar...twit......

Drugs....really.....they were selling illegal drugs......you really are dumb.......they were committing a felony

They got him trying to buy a machine gun. If the gun was legal he would be free.

Nope...they got him for plottting a terrorist act. And stupid.....if he had been buying it legally your gun laws would not have touched him.

1,500,000 times Americans use guns for self defense according to Bill Clinton.......,,,,far more than non fatal accidents, fatal accidents and actual gun murder.....combined......twit.

Why fatal? There is obviously not 1.5 million lives being saved. Gun owners are a minority, a small minority when you look at how many carry. We only have like 14,000 murders each year in the country. That means at most the number of lives saved is some small percent of 14,000.

if the criminal runs away before they commit the crime...the crime doesn't happen twit.......so it isn't counted...so the thug that planned on kidnapping, torturing, raping and murdering a Oman....who is stopped because the woman points a gun........that is a rape, kidnapping, torture, and murder that are never counted....because they didn't happen because of the gun.....moron.

There are about 14,000 murders each year and gun owners are a minority, sorry your crazy fantasy numbers don't save you in this one. At most the number is a small percent of 14,000.

Not my numbers...not a fantasy...actual research by trained, research professionals...over time...both private and government researchers...you number....pulled out of your ass...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Again your list includes a bunch of surveys you know nothing about. In the case of the CDC you list a study that does not exist. Many on the list aren't even national. The list is a joke.

Again...let's look at the actual research by actual professionals from both the government and private sector researchers in this field...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

--
------------------

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Na, not really.

Wrong....thanks to existing law he was arrested...existing law that states a felon cannot own or carry a gun. He got the gun even though we have background checks...federally mandated background checks...so that did not work, it did not keep him from getting the gun.

if you licensed all gun owners....it would not have kept him from that gun and existing law would still have allowed him to be arrested....no licensing of gun owners needed in order to do that.

if you registered all guns...it would not have kept him from getting that gun and existing law would still have allowed him to be arrested...no registration of guns was needed to do that. In fact...as a convicted felon he would not have to register that illegal gun.....Haynes v. United States Supreme Court decision makes it unConstitutional to require him to register that illegal gun...do you are twice as stupid if you support registering guns.

Current, existing gun laws allowed this felon to be arrested when he was found with an illegal gun.

He was put in jail and didn't commit any crimes for 27 months because of gun control.

That's the keyword.

I have almost no chance of dying in a car crash yet the gov't mandates I wear a seatbelt.

So if you want to have a gun because you are scared and paranoid because there is a tiny chance someone will try to kill you please do. But be aware there is also a small chance that gun will be involved in an accidental shooting that could kill or maim one of your family members. If you look at who is killed by guns they are primarily suicide machines so you have to worry about that also.

This is why I don't get too bent out of shape about gun nuts. They mostly shoot their own family and friends, either by accident, or intentionally in a rage. While I can get pretty worked up over it when a child is involved, mostly I consider it nature's way of thinning the heard.

And this is why you are a twit......the people murdering each other are for the most part actual criminals...usually in democrat inner cities, killing other criminals.......

Normal gun owners are not shooting each other.....democrat voters though...are shooting each other in the thousands in these inner cities....

Nope...most people murdered by guns are criminals......1,500,000 people use guns to stop violent criminals and they are not criminals themselves.

Na, not really.

He was put in jail and didn't commit any crimes for 27 months because of gun control.

Wow......do you have to act like a 12 year old all the time....?

if the criminal runs away before they commit the crime...the crime doesn't happen twit.......so it isn't counted...so the thug that planned on kidnapping, torturing, raping and murdering a Oman....who is stopped because the woman points a gun........that is a rape, kidnapping, torture, and murder that are never counted....because they didn't happen because of the gun.....moron.

There are about 14,000 murders each year and gun owners are a minority, sorry your crazy fantasy numbers don't save you in this one. At most the number is a small percent of 14,000.

Not my numbers...not a fantasy...actual research by trained, research professionals...over time...both private and government researchers...you number....pulled out of your ass...

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Again your list includes a bunch of surveys you know nothing about. In the case of the CDC you list a study that does not exist. Many on the list aren't even national. The list is a joke.

Again...let's look at the actual research by actual professionals from both the government and private sector researchers in this field...

--
------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

The same joke list again.

That's the keyword.

Nope...most people murdered by guns are criminals......1,500,000 people use guns to stop violent criminals and they are not criminals themselves.

If most attempts of murder are against criminals, most defenses of murder are also by a criminal.

You are the one in fantasy land.

If most attempts of murder are against criminals, most defenses of murder are also by a criminal.

Wrong twit......most murder victims have long criminal histories....not all victims of crime are criminals...in fact the 1,500,000 people who use guns to stop violent criminal attack are normal, law abiding people simply defending themselves against the people you support........

You are the one in fantasy land.

Does your butt hurt.....you keep pulling numbers out of your ass...that can't be easy......must be pretty painful.

Wrong twit......most murder victims have long criminal histories....not all victims of crime are criminals...in fact the 1,500,000 people who use guns to stop violent criminal attack are normal, law abiding people simply defending themselves against the people you support........

If most murder victims are criminals as you say, then so are most defenders of murder. It is a simple concept.

Forum List

Back