4 year old exercises his second amendment rights

The Wall Street Journal reported, in an August 28, 1996 article titled, “More Guns, Less Violent Crime,” that a University of Chicago study revealed that states which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%. The most impressive single statement in the University of Chicago Study, which is an ongoing study, is the very first sentence of the Abstract on the first page.

The 80,000 figure is based on criminals who were actually shot. Many more DGUs have not had to shoot the weapon.

You are stupid. Didn't you listen to your own links? The guy talked about how most of the 80,000 DGUs NEVER involve firing the gun..

But thanks for the laughs. I am off to do something more fun than arguing with a stupid liar.

The 80,000 figure is based on criminals who were actually shot. Many more DGUs have not had to shoot the weapon.

You are stupid. Didn't you listen to your own links? The guy talked about how most of the 80,000 DGUs NEVER involve firing the gun..

But thanks for the laughs. I am off to do something more fun than arguing with a stupid liar.

Argue with the facts.

The Wall Street Journal reported, in an August 28, 1996 article titled, “More Guns, Less Violent Crime,” that a University of Chicago study revealed that states which passed concealed carry laws reduced their murder rate by 8.5%, rapes by 5%, aggravated assaults by 7% and robbery by 3%. The most impressive single statement in the University of Chicago Study, which is an ongoing study, is the very first sentence of the Abstract on the first page.

(CNSNews.com) – “Self-defense can be an important crime deterrent,”says a newreport by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The $10 million study was commissioned by President Barack Obama as part of 23 executive orders he signed in January.

“Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was ‘used’ by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies,” the CDC study, entitled “Priorities For Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” states.

The report, which notes that “ violent crimes, including homicides specifically, have declined in the past five years,” also pointed out that “some firearm violence results in death, but most does not.” In fact, the CDC report said, most incidents involving the discharge of firearms do not result in a fatality.

“In 2010, incidents in the U.S. involving firearms injured or killed more than 105,000 Americans, of which there were twice as many nonfatal firearm-related injuries (73,505) than deaths.”

The White House unveiled a plan in January that included orders to the CDC to “conduct research on the causes and prevention of gun violence.” According to the White House report, “Research on gun violence is not advocacy; it is critical public health research that gives all Americans information they need.”

The Institute of Medicine and the National Research Council released the results of their research through the CDC last month. Researchers compiled data from previous studies in order to guide future research on gun violence, noting that “almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year.”

Researchers also found that the majority of firearm deaths are from suicide, not homicide. “Between the years 2000 and 2010, firearm-related suicides significantly outnumbered homicides for all age groups, annually accounting for 61 percent of the more than 335,600 people who died from firearm-related violence in the United States.”

2fa2eb30edf34540a1ddfec2a0b16f96.jpg

(AP Photo)

African American males are most affected by firearm-related violence, with “32 per 100,000” deaths. Risk factors and predictors of violence include income inequality, “diminished economic opportunities . . . high levels of family disruption” and “low levels of community participation.”

Are you a criminal and that is why you expect to need to defend yourself?

I have spoken to your parents brain...they say they have done all they can to get you to grow up...but nothing has worked.....it might be time to send you to that special school....

You lose on the facts and resort to acting like a child.

I have the truth, facts and reality........you hate guns.....you don't want people to have guns...so in order to push your agenda, you have to lie by omission, lie with emotions....and hide the truth, facts and reality.

Then you act like a child.....

Actually it was you lying and then acting like a child, hence your childish responses. You lose again.

Sorry, we have facts on our side. You have fear and misinformation.

No you have poorly done surveys and studies by disgraced economics professors. Look at OP, that is real.

I have spoken to your parents brain...they say they have done all they can to get you to grow up...but nothing has worked.....it might be time to send you to that special school....

I have the truth, facts and reality........you hate guns.....you don't want people to have guns...so in order to push your agenda, you have to lie by omission, lie with emotions....and hide the truth, facts and reality.

Actually it was you lying and then acting like a child, hence your childish responses. You lose again.

No you have poorly done surveys and studies by disgraced economics professors. Look at OP, that is real.

Nope. The facts are against you. Sorry. :) Now, try rebutting some of the points I've made. Then maybe you would be taken more seriously around here. Oh, that's right, you can't.

The facts are that when there are concealed and carry laws, crime rates decrease across the board.

A study by the disgraced economics professor. He is a complete joke.
Shooting Down the Gun Lobby’s Favorite “Academic”: A Lott of Lies

Even kleck says lott is wrong.

The facts are that when there are concealed and carry laws, crime rates decrease across the board.

Crime went down where there wasn't carry too. Crime has been going down for over 30 years and it started when almost nobody carried. WI passed concealed carry and violent crime went up.

Nope. The facts are against you. Sorry. :) Now, try rebutting some of the points I've made. Then maybe you would be taken more seriously around here. Oh, that's right, you can't.

Study: Concealed Handgun Permits Don't Affect Crime Rate

That study has been exposed as a joke. Like I said even kleck knows it's a joke.

Forum List

Back