🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

77% of Americans say major news outlets report fake news

^Fake news.

Your poll doesn't specify which outlets the respondents had in mind when answering.
Fox is a major news outlet.
Read the sources.

I read them. It doesn't specify.
Only 25% even took it to mean "factually incorrect information"

"The findings also showed Americans diverging on what constitutes "fake news," with 65 percent saying it applies broadly to the editorial decisions outlets make over what topics to cover and 25 percent more narrowly defining it to apply only to the spread of factually incorrect information."

How does the editorial choice of topics constitute fake news if the information reported is correct?

This poll is a mess and doesn't reflect anything more than 3/4 of respondents agree there are problems.
Then use the link to the actual report: 'Fake News’ Threat to Media; Editorial Decisions, Outside Actors at Fault | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

T"he Monmouth University Poll also finds that Pres. Trump is trusted less as source of information than three cable news outlets – except if you ask Republicans. Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information. The results are similar when Trump is pitted against the left-leaning MSNBC – 45% trust MSNBC more, 32% trust Trump more, and 16% trust both equally. The right-leaning Fox News also bests the president as a trusted information source – 30% trust Fox more and 20% trust Trump more, although a plurality of 37% trust both equally."

It still makes no sense given the definition of "fake news" used by respondents.

Editorial choices is an example of bias, not factually incorrect information.

Fox still comes in last among the outlets and the president last over all despite the flaws.

You all should not be so quick to tout the results.

Poll: 77 percent say major news outlets report 'fake news'

Slowly but surely they are waking up! First you realize they do it THEN you start taking steps to get REAL NEWS from other sources.
Which source do you go to for Real News?
NONE of the mainstream sources ALWAYS get it right. CNN is 100% lies,ABC,NBC,MSNBC is 50-60% lies. I use RT,Breitbart,ZeroHedge,Daily Caller, and numerous other sources...I even use some far left sites at times but not on a regular basis because I am not left wing but on SOME issues we agree. I know there are others I use but I can't name them off top of my head. I follow news from Australia,Canada,Europe,Asia etc.
The fact that you say something like CNN is 100% fake totally discredits you’re argument. A statement so easily debunked! I was going to post some examples of fake news (which is actually just bias news) from your list of sources, an extremely easy task given your sources... but why waste my time. Your obviously not worth taking seriously
He's actually arguing AGAINST the poll findings that he linked in his OP. And you wonder why he falls for ..... FAKE NEWS. lol

^Fake news.

Your poll doesn't specify which outlets the respondents had in mind when answering.
Read the sources.

"The findings also showed Americans diverging on what constitutes "fake news," with 65 percent saying it applies broadly to the editorial decisions outlets make over what topics to cover and 25 percent more narrowly defining it to apply only to the spread of factually incorrect information."

How does the editorial choice of topics constitute fake news if the information reported is correct?

This poll is a mess and doesn't reflect anything more than 3/4 of respondents agree there are problems.
Then use the link to the actual report: 'Fake News’ Threat to Media; Editorial Decisions, Outside Actors at Fault | Monmouth University Polling Institute | Monmouth University

T"he Monmouth University Poll also finds that Pres. Trump is trusted less as source of information than three cable news outlets – except if you ask Republicans. Nearly half the American public (48%) trusts CNN more than Trump, compared with one-third (35%) who trust Trump more than CNN and another 13% who trust both equally as a source of information. The results are similar when Trump is pitted against the left-leaning MSNBC – 45% trust MSNBC more, 32% trust Trump more, and 16% trust both equally. The right-leaning Fox News also bests the president as a trusted information source – 30% trust Fox more and 20% trust Trump more, although a plurality of 37% trust both equally."

It still makes no sense given the definition of "fake news" used by respondents.

Fox still comes in last among the outlets and the president last over all despite the flaws.

But that´s apparently what people consider fake news. Take this thread for example. The OP claims that people "wake up" but does not mention that the same people distrust Trump even more then the media. That makes the impression on the readers that people have substantially changed their minds, when actually nothing has changed. This is fake news.

^Fake news.

Read the sources.

But that´s apparently what people consider fake news. Take this thread for example. The OP claims that people "wake up" but does not mention that the same people distrust Trump even more then the media. That makes the impression on the readers that people have substantially changed their minds, when actually nothing has changed. This is fake news.

But that´s apparently what people consider fake news.

That's the problem. I consider "fake news" to be just that. Fake.

If the poll were to have used that definition, the results would have been more clear.

Read the sources.

If the poll were to have used that definition, the results would have been more clear.
It should also be said that any biased coverage under the banner of nonpartisanship is fake news.

It should also be said that any biased coverage under the banner of nonpartisanship is fake news.

It may be relevant only to partisans but it's not fake if it's factually correct information.

It may be relevant only to partisans but it's not fake if it's factually correct information.
Not really. Every attempt to manipulate the reader while maintaining an objective image is fake news, whether the core infos are factually correct or not.

Not really. Every attempt to manipulate the reader while maintaining an objective image is fake news, whether the core infos are factually correct or not.

No. Just because you don't agree with the coverage, if it's factually correct, it's not fake news.

You're using the Trumpian, "whatever I disagree with is fake news " nonsense.

No. Just because you don't agree with the coverage, if it's factually correct, it's not fake news.

You're using the Trumpian, "whatever I disagree with is fake news " nonsense.
You can put correct news in a false context and that´s fake news.

The problem is not fake news. It's the editorializing of news. With most places, they're now indistinguishable.

Example: News = "Trump sending the National Guard to the border to assist ICE with border security." Anything beyond that isn't news, pretty much, unless it's directly getting into the details of how said news is occuring... such as "X amount of national guard members will be there by Friday, with the following armaments, etc." Beyond that, it's pure opinion. If you're not an idiot then you can usually pick out the opinion.

What's much worse than this though is when outlets completely ignore the things that conflict with their narrative. If something happens or there's data that will directly conflict with their narrative, they just won't tell you about it. Media thrives on you only knowing one side of the real story or completely mis-representing the other side to favor yours. Finding out what's actually going on is like walking a minefield.

They don´t trust the mainstream fake news anymore but they trust Trump even less.

Actually, we chose Trump over CNN.
Actually, you can only speak for yourself.
Trump was fooling voters and the world by running a campaign that has nothing to do with his actions as President. Who still believes him a single word, needs to grow up in the first place. He´s establishment pure. He and CNN, there is no difference.

I can speak for America. WE elected President Trump, and because of it, a caravan of illegals will not be shitting all over our country. Thank you Trump, for keeping your word...

Slowly but surely they are waking up! First you realize they do it THEN you start taking steps to get REAL NEWS from other sources.
NONE of the mainstream sources ALWAYS get it right. CNN is 100% lies,ABC,NBC,MSNBC is 50-60% lies. I use RT,Breitbart,ZeroHedge,Daily Caller, and numerous other sources...I even use some far left sites at times but not on a regular basis because I am not left wing but on SOME issues we agree. I know there are others I use but I can't name them off top of my head. I follow news from Australia,Canada,Europe,Asia etc.

CNN would be sued and out of business if they and the other major networks lied that much, you stupid fucking idiot.

Breitbart?
From The American Conservative site: Editor Admits Breitbart Publishes Fake News

Daily Caller? Hahahahahahaa........You've got to be kidding.
Daily Caller's file

You've got everything backasswards.

Ever pick up a newspaper or a periodical?

The fact that you say something like CNN is 100% fake totally discredits you’re argument. A statement so easily debunked! I was going to post some examples of fake news (which is actually just bias news) from your list of sources, an extremely easy task given your sources... but why waste my time. Your obviously not worth taking seriously

With so many sources at hand through Google, it's easy enough to research a story and backtrack it through Google. But pinhead Trumpanzees and other conservatives are too fucking lazy to do so.

CNN intentionally lies and spins biased half truths hence ALL of its content is suspect. That's what happens when you lose your journalistic integrity. These are not innocent mistakes its intentional.

CNN intentionally lies and spins biased half truths hence ALL of its content is suspect. That's what happens when you lose your journalistic integrity. These are not innocent mistakes its intentional.

Cite some examples. Post 'em here. Since they lie 100% of the time, this should be snap.
Also, back up your claim with lawsuit filings for libel and slander.
If you can't do these simple things, then STFU.

Rush Limbaugh :eusa_clap:

You DO know Rush Limbaugh admits to being an entertainer, not a journalist, right?

His entertainment is 1000% more accurate and honest than the liberal media.

Forum List

Back