88 Year-Old Woman Arrested In Nashville For Defending Herself

She should have shot him when he was facing her.

It's hard to claim self defense when you shoot a person who is running away and therefore not a threat.

And I find stand your ground laws to be funny.

For example why couldn't Trayvon Martin stand his ground when some strange guy was following in a car for blocks and then got out of his car and started chasing him?

Was it not reasonable for him to fear for his safety in that situation? He didn't have a gun because he was not old enough to buy one but that shouldn't matter if he was standing his ground right?

Comments

Will Nashville burn over an elderly white citizen using a firearm to defend her own life and protect her store inventory? Will the Nashville DA upgrade the charges already filed against this old woman? And finally, will a white BLM sympathizer set fire to this woman's place of employment? Grandma, you need to go magnum if you're a gonna be hunting the big game.
The perpetrator's first answer, should be considered the truth, as he admitted to the plan to steal from the store and only later changed the story to be made the victim.
How dare she stop criminals. I mean....they're black and thus a protected class of criminal.

Comments

Will Nashville burn over an elderly white citizen using a firearm to defend her own life and protect her store inventory? Will the Nashville DA upgrade the charges already filed against this old woman? And finally, will a white BLM sympathizer set fire to this woman's place of employment? Grandma, you need to go magnum if you're a gonna be hunting the big game.
The perpetrator's first answer, should be considered the truth, as he admitted to the plan to steal from the store and only later changed the story to be made the victim.
How dare she stop criminals. I mean....they're black and thus a protected class of criminal.

Thanks. Myself? I am of the mind that any citizen's private property is worth killing over. While a bottle of liquor certainly does not equal or exceed the value of a human life, the years spent scraping by while this woman built her business around said bottle of alcohol is worth any life that tries to take it from her.

Agreed. What I find absurd is when someone is trying to steal a car and its owner is arrested for shooting the thief. To me, it doesn't matter that the criminal was unarmed and "fleeing" (with your car). If thieves are caught in the act, shooting them should not only be acceptable, but you should be given a city award for each thief given the room temperature challenge.

Haven't seen a pic of the guy, but she probably knew him and knew what he was. In any case fear of later reprisals from criminals when you have the vermin arrested makes it a 'better safe than sorry' judgement to just shoot the pieces of shit, like the poor old Asian woman who shot the filthy little feral animal who assaulted her behind the counter in her store in LA that set the animals off rioting a while back.

Last edited:
Seems like she needs camera's in her store.
With her being as old as she is, to me, a retirement plan may be another thing that should be high on the priority list. If the person she wounded wasn't armed or killed, I would give her the choice to either retire and hand the place down to someone else or serve whatever sentence goes with what she has been charged with.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back